Captain
# 11
11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes, the only reason to go on stf now is borg marks, which you won't need until t5.

Just remember they removed the dil from leveling so probably it's not taking as huge a hit as it would have.

The best way to look at the rep system is a sideline project to the actual game, something to not really think about and just level it for the passives, which granted are small.

It seems to me it was made to serve people who can play an hour max a day.

Once you throw the marks in there you have 2 days to do what complete 2-3 missions ?
So everyone is halted at the speed at which these people can progress.
I guess if the majority of the userbase fits that profile it makes sense.

Just if you are able to play 3 hours one night you are afk for 3 days where you don't have anything to do - it takes the control away from the users I think and so I think it's best to look for you actual gameplay somewhere else and let the rep system fade to the background.
Rihannsu
# 12
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Well, Rep leveling is something to do after you hit L50, it'd be kinda lame and boring if it was soemthing you could max in a few hours/days.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 13
11-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I couldn't disagree more.

It's not the time you put in that marks the quality, if that was the case let's make it
4 years to hit t1...

The content in itself of course has to be the quality.

Here is an example. Spend 3 months being locked out by the script to get 1 heal ability with a 10 min cooldown.
Or spend a week or less on a sci character and get 4 healing abilities for free with 20-30 seconds cooldown.

Now to balance the time you put in vs the payout you have to compare it to everything else you can do or get in 3 months.

And add to this like I said before, everytime you put in the marks you have 2 days of downtime. Well, what if those 2 days are the weekend and I don't have time to play during the week.
The game is now running on its terms instead of mine, I can't just pick it up when it's convenient for me.

They might aswell go all in and give us marks for doff missions so we can go afk completely
Captain
# 14
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
OP, you might have a fair point were it not for the fact that the box is inexplicably locked at Tier 3. This means you have to at some point play STFs again, meaning you'll have the marks or whatever anyway. It's completely backwards.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Rihannsu
# 15
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
I couldn't disagree more.

It's not the time you put in that marks the quality, if that was the case let's make it
4 years to hit t1...

The content in itself of course has to be the quality.

Here is an example. Spend 3 months being locked out by the script to get 1 heal ability with a 10 min cooldown.
Or spend a week or less on a sci character and get 4 healing abilities for free with 20-30 seconds cooldown.

Now to balance the time you put in vs the payout you have to compare it to everything else you can do or get in 3 months.

And add to this like I said before, everytime you put in the marks you have 2 days of downtime. Well, what if those 2 days are the weekend and I don't have time to play during the week.
The game is now running on its terms instead of mine, I can't just pick it up when it's convenient for me.

They might aswell go all in and give us marks for doff missions so we can go afk completely
Um.... no. You make it sound like grinding Rep is the core focus of the game.... Really? Is grinding Rep the ONLY things you would be doing while playing? I don't beleive that....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 16
11-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Um.... no. You make it sound like grinding Rep is the core focus of the game.... Really? Is grinding Rep the ONLY things you would be doing while playing? I don't beleive that....
I do. Its the only thing i'm going to be doing and i suspect the same is true for everyone who has spent 3 years running the same STFs.

The game is all about the grind now. The challenge is finding a way to stop that grind being tedious.
Career Officer
# 17 crapo
11-09-2012, 01:39 AM
cryptic buisness model lets punish all these stupid players who love this game by making it one big grind we can incress the resorces they need while reduceing the amount they can get. introduce even more stupid curenceys and bigger more convaluted and complicated ways to use and accuire them. If we realy work hard we can drive off a lot of casual players. we can insulte the intelagence of the long term players. makeing them boycott your zen altogether. then we'll be rich???? how can so many be so stupid.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I do agree with most of the gripes that people have about the conversion..

Though I have noticed a couple things..

The Omega, KHG, and MACO ground and space sets I all ready have I am apparently keeping along with any ground or ship weapons and gear purchased from the omega store with EDC's as my character sstill have them in thier inventory, banks, ships, persons and Bridge officers.

The ONLY thing being converted is EDC's and Borg Salvage.
Why is there no conversion to reputation standing? (see next paragraph)
Shouldn't there be an opportunity to trade in existing gear?
(having existing weapons and equipment convert automaticly might be a tad raw to players that don't have any extra equipment laying about to re-equip thier ships, selves, and BO's with)

There is NO conversion into FACTION REPUTATION which to my mind is much more important then mere currency exchange, and this is really what frosts my cookies more then anything else. many hundreds of STF's run and no reflection or credit recieved with the faction for them. I find this rather...surprising.. I got a took that has all but one of the KHG achivements ((not once have I ever had drrop rare borg protype salvage, and I've never won a loot role for any in over 70 elite STF runs, so that last achievment has alway eluded me)) The time spent by players all ready is NOT being credited with any faction reputation standing which I do happen to consider a bit of a raw deal.

The most important reward we should be getting from any sort of conversion, is the one we're not getting in any form.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 11-10-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
11-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
OP, you might have a fair point were it not for the fact that the box is inexplicably locked at Tier 3. This means you have to at some point play STFs again, meaning you'll have the marks or whatever anyway. It's completely backwards.

This.

Take my stuff, convert it at a loss of dilithium but a "generous" portion of Omega Marks - unfortunately counting Prototech Salvage the same as 1 or 2 EDC.

Giving me marks, which I need for rep, except I can't access them...until I have rep.

Rihannsu
# 20
11-12-2012, 07:12 AM
You could also think of it this way: The developers could have simply left the old STF shops in place. Left you your stockpiles of old STF loot even though they won't drop anymore. Then you'd have your "equal purchasing power." Would you like that better?

Presumably, people have these stockpiles of STF loot because they don't want any more of the things they could trade them for. The conversion is giving you something you can buy new things with. Sure, the conversion rate is on the low side if you have large stores of loot, but you can't seriously expect the devs to give you all the new stuff for free just because you hoarded lots of old junk?

You have the option of buying what the loot can buy now. Equipment, dilithium ore, doffs, etc. If you don't want any of that, the loot will get converted and maybe you do want some of the stuff the marks can buy.

EDIT: I do have to agree I don't see any useful reason for locking the conversion crate, either.

Last edited by warpangel; 11-12-2012 at 07:14 AM.