Career Officer
# 11
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I can't fault the design of the ship, its beautiful, both the original concept art and the built model - but this kind of touches on the wider issues of decals as options.

@Jamjamz Can the decals be made separate to the skins (of all ships really). So that they can more closely function like the "patterns", particularly when it comes to interchangeable parts. It would be particularly good if the player character creator/tailor functionality for how tattoos and scars can be scaled and orientated around the head could be brought to the decals. This would enable players to position them where they think it best, potentially saving dev time, and also getting around issues caused by interchangeable parts and stripes not lining up etc.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 11-08-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
how about...

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/k3f6h0s...ntF_Vektor.jpg

+1x registry (nacelles)
+1x name (near shuttlebay)
+1x pinstripe on the deflector (kinda belongs there)

also add some more running lights, not enough blinking on that ship!

and if you guys ask me, the ship would look much better if it would fly in regenerative mode with the Nacelles together instead of apart (like in the artwork), but that would be an animation thing (probably not jamzjamz department?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the kdf vet ship still doesn't have it nacelles extended in sector space though like it should. how am i the only one who has noticed this?
no your not the only one who noticed, i actually even wrote a Bug Report about that some 2 or 3 weeks ago...

Last edited by zerobang; 11-08-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
11-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
+1x pinstripe on the deflector (kinda belongs there)
Seconded as I can't think of any starfleet ship that didn't have the strips...it's just the little things...
Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
Career Officer
# 14
11-20-2012, 08:10 PM
I totally agree with this thread.

I'd also like to see the ship who have missing decals get them added as well. For example, the Prometheus nacelles are missing their class-unique decals on the top and bottom.

I also agree with having the ability to customize decals in the ship editor, but only in fixed positions and only the Starfleet pennants. In this case, you could swap pennants between the TMP, TNG, VOY/DS9, and perhaps a few other options.

On a side note, it would also be nice if the texture layers for windows and escape pods are separated so that both types could be selected independently.