Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
Using the Console clickers will no longer count towards the "Investigate officers Daily Report" for 1440 dilth.

You can see my thread about it here where I have been speculating they might do this for some time now:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=430051

Here is the tribble note:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...41#post6467241
Captain
# 2
11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
IF fleet marks were not such a PITA to get I wouldn't care.

So I do care
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
so it just makes us do the quickies were we blow **** up .....it may take a bit longer but who cares lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 4
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Good to see that happening, but I don't think this is a final solution. Non-combat missions or missions with optional combat can be just as involving, but how do you get EC or XP from such Foundry missions?
Captain
# 5
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I love how they're exponentially increasing how much you have to grind in this game just to keep parity with what you could get daily before.

Almost as if they hated us.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
This is a Bull**** move and they know it, They should just come out and say "if your in a small fleet We hate you".

They better find A way for small fleets to still be able to level or most if not all of them will simply quit, mine included. I've got better things to do than to play Grind Stuff Online.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Captain
# 7
11-08-2012, 09:44 PM
The root problem is their f2p model and trying to keep people from making farming bots/alts to keep the economy fairly even. A casual player wouldn't hit the daily cap, but a botter/someone who just has a crap ton of characters on the account could just run doff/console mission etc and get orders of magnitude more dilithium in a day. There really is no easy answer.

They could make it an account cap, but people would just make more accounts.

They could try some stuff by looking @ IPs, but multiple people could be behind the same public IP, or do somethings to change their public IP I won't get into.

They could do things based on payment methods, but not everyone has given them that info.

Email accounts can be created on the spot, so they can't monitor based on that.

They could get into expensive data mining to see how often accounts/toons are logged on and what they're doing.

Tbh, I don't care so much since I PvP mostly and they won't even bother giving PvPers Fleet rewards for PvPing as a Fleet based team. That's far worse imo than people trying to avoid a time sink and make a map for quick dilithium. I'm a cynic regarding this. Imo, it's so they can show people do even less PvP since they have to grind so much outside of PvP now. STFs are bad enough, now there's a crap ton more currencies for no PvP options to obtain them.
Captain
# 8
11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
p2wsucks, you are full of it.

STO economy is secured because you cannot trade ANYTHING of worth, DIlithium cannot be traded and so its useless for professional Gold Farmers to do and making alt accounts? are you serious? you cannot trade or transfer Dilithium to another account PERIOD!

Well not exactly, DOFFs could be used for that but since the Dilithium return was made so low it would need thousand of DOFFs to even reach a acceptable amount of Dilithium and with the limits in Mail that would get old FAST ... this is why Dilithium Farming in STO is pretty much a personal affair.

Not going over botters since ... well lets say you must have read the term but completely fail to grasp how they work, I do and once again it does not work because of the above.

Also Daily Refining cap.

Also the thing you "dont want to get into" are called proxies, not exactly helping when you are just random shooting hoping to hit something.

Oh and funny you mention you are a PvPer ... anyway wants to venture a guess what is the easiest and fastest way to get Dilithium in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Most of the foundry missions either suck or are bugged all to hell. There was nothing wrong with grabbing 3 quick missions that would take 2 minutes to finish to get 1440 dilithium and 50 fleet marks.

That was the only way small fleets could get starbase projects done.

Way to go you dumb ****s.
Republic Veteran
# 10
11-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I was able to save quite a bit of dilithium up so i dont have to grind for it in S7.

I owe it all to your posts and updates.

Last edited by blakes7tvseries; 11-08-2012 at 11:34 PM.