Empire Veteran
# 261
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Sometimes a phrase is a phrase. A social slang meant to provide a quick simple image of what the speaker intended.
Sort of like that epsiode with Darmack and Picard. Its a similiarity.
Its all perception.

If Someone had siad, " hey Mister Tamborine Man....." in a post would it be considered a drug reference becuase of Bob Dylans song?

I think moderation needs to be as emotionless as possible or it will be like it was in the old days with She who will not be mentioned
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 262
11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
My learned Friends;

Point infractions... are you guys still using that system? I don't believe so. Lets get down to the real meat and potatoes now. Recently a fairly sizable group of this communities members, who I will grant over the time frame of the f2p transition have ikely received a few infractions. (most of which where minor as I understand it... and in general the posters in question where not considered offensive to anyone) Have all been summarily dismissed.

In a few of the cases the offending posts where not even edited, leading to in game conversations like
(Hey haven't seen you post lately been busy?.. Oh really you where banned for what? Haven't even see any of your posts get the edited for content lately.)

Now don't get me wrong these forums belong to Cryptic Studios a subsidiary of Perfect World Entertainment. They can pretty much deal with there own forums in any manner they wish.

I will simply say the list of ex forum posters who have felt they where dealt with unfairly (and more importantly their still posting friends feel likewise) has grown over the last few years. Those people are out there both in game and in other venues, some even tell more then a few people that there is no point in posting here. They say anything that doesn't sit well with Cryptic ends up falling afoul of moderation in general.

Again that is for sure Cryptics right... I mean they can even use there user agreement to completely remove people from there in game product if they wish. None of us "own" anything here.

I think we need to simply just get to the point. The moderation here is NOT merely inconsistent... most of the people that have moved or been moved on from these forums. Seem to believe that the moderation is quite consistent with a removal of discontent. Again this forum is not a free and open system it is a 100% non public forum site run by Cryptic... I think that saying we have a fair and just "Point" System is hypocrisy, based on (and if I can believe multiple friends) who claim no such system was followed, in there cases.

Now I understand I am treading on your forum rules in this post, and I hope you understand I haven't posted any of this to be vindictive, or confrontational. I simply want to give an HONEST response in a thread where the management seems to be looking for some real feedback. IMO the community has lost a great deal of respect for the moderation here in a very short time frame. Yes there are a handful that are trying to politely state the facts... frankly the most direct of the posters have simply given up. So yes the overall tone likely appears to be more civil then previous conversations.

I don't honestly know how you move forward and repair the rift that seems to have been created with many of the most knowledgeable posters, of course many good posters are still here... of course friends of theres are not. Frankly how you move forward is up to you. Do you add ignore buttons... like buttons... really your show you do what you think is needed. What ever you do or not do as is the case... you will have to use it in a more consistent manner then has been shown to the community to this point.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 263
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 264
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Let me remind you all again:

I like the discussion going on in here, but forum rules are now being broken. Please do not discuss personal moderation that's been taken against you. You can discuss moderation in general, not related to a specific incident or person, but revealing that you've been banned or warned, or your ban or warning reasons, is not appropriate.

I'd rather not hand out warnings or infractions in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 265
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
My bad, but what should he do in a case like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Survivor of Romulus
# 266
11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Generally speaking, as far as I understand it, people who feel that they have been treated unfair should open a support ticket.

Whether or not permanent bans in general do make sense can de discussed, but seriously: That has hardly anything to do with the specifics of PvP subforum culture, but would be better placed in General Community Feedback, in my opinion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.

Last edited by sophlogimo; 11-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 267
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
remind me again where perfect world is based out of?
Lt. Commander
# 268
11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Generally speaking, as far as I understand it, people who feel that they have been treated unfair should open a support ticket.

Whether or not permanent bans do make sense can de discussed can they?, but seriously: That has hardly anything to do with the specifics of PvP subforum culture, but would be better placed in General Community Feedback, in my opinion.
Man, thanks again for your opinions sophlogimo. Your opinion really matters to us, please hold until the next available operator.
Captain
# 269
11-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
remind me again where perfect world is based out of?
Redwood City...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Lt. Commander
# 270
11-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Redwood City...
thats there international office

"Game developer in China. Beijing Perfect World Co., Ltd was founded in 2004 and invested by Mr. Chi Yufeng, the president of Human Software Corporation. The company develops persistent online games.
The company has an international office -- Perfect World Entertainment -- based in Redwood City, CA, USA."