Rihannsu
# 11
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
I have always felt that if I buy a ship for Zen, I should be able to sell it. Of course, losing the ability to reclaim it, if I did.
I don't think they would consider that, what if you accidentally sold your ship and wanted it back? And if they didn't take away the ability to reclaim it, people could use this as a EC/Dil generator exploit.

If you do decommission a ship, remember to strip it of everything of value first, or else all of that gear will be lost (same if you ever dismiss BOFFs). IIRC, the ships themselves scale with level, so as long as you upgrade the gear every so often, they're still viable through most of the PvE game (although the amount of equipment and BOFF slots doesn't change). Some people have even been able to take Mirandas all the way to Vice Admiral 50.
Lieutenant
# 12
11-05-2012, 11:31 PM
The skills (for my captain) bug the hell outta me. It seems I was mistaken to make a 'Tactical' class because all I ever get are things that help me do more damage but I'm not sure if taking any of the other skills such as 'StarShip Hull Repair' or 'StarShip Shield Emitters' do anything to help me. Do they affect the skills of my bridge officers instead?

The entire system is so convulated and confusing to newbies that I'm surprised that it is still in such a state.

I'm curious as to when (if ever) I get at least one free 'respec' token for my captain?
Do I even get one as a free (silver) player? Ever?

Yes I've read the forum guides, they're not helpful in explaining things properly to me (and possibly many other newbies).

Last edited by endafresh; 11-05-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Yes, they affect your bridge officers as well. Ground side, things are less robust, since you've got a much smaller skill tree and don't have most of the skills that would benefit your bridge officers. But in space, your boffs are more like your ground kit than NPCs, and your skills all fully benefit them.

Silvers don't get free respecs, except for once in a great while as a result of a patch (like a recent bug that allowed people to make invalid skill selections). Because leveling is fairly easy, until you've got a lot of time invested into high end equipment or a lot of reputation grind in (after S7), it's frequently easier to discard your first character or two rather than fix them.

Last edited by hevach; 11-06-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Ensign
# 14 Question
11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm posting this here because I still can't make my own thread and I've been registered for almost 2 months. I recently bought the odyssey cruiser pack and used the ships on my current character (an alien female btw). i also recently purchased the joined trill species and want to make a joined trill character but don't have the zen to purchase an extra character slot. If I delete my current character and make a joined trill character will that character still be able to get the odyssey ships? Or will I have to buy them again? (Btw I know I'll still have to wait till my joined trill is Vice-Admiral rank to use them)
Career Officer
# 15
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianuia View Post
I'm posting this here because I still can't make my own thread and I've been registered for almost 2 months. I recently bought the odyssey cruiser pack and used the ships on my current character (an alien female btw). i also recently purchased the joined trill species and want to make a joined trill character but don't have the zen to purchase an extra character slot. If I delete my current character and make a joined trill character will that character still be able to get the odyssey ships? Or will I have to buy them again? (Btw I know I'll still have to wait till my joined trill is Vice-Admiral rank to use them)
Ships bought in the Z-store are account wide unlocks. Once purchased, you can claim them on all your characters (this is obviously faction specific. You can't claim an Oddysey on a Klingon character)
# 16
11-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Ships bought in the Z-store are account wide unlocks. Once purchased, you can claim them on all your characters (this is obviously faction specific. You can't claim an Oddysey on a Klingon character)
Thanks for the quick answer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrajimus View Post
1) What is the command that enables the view to follow the combatant shipp whereever it goes? I hate having to manually adjust the screen in battle...and hate not knowing where the other ship is once it goes off the screen.

2) I've noticed that when engaged with more than one ship, when the primary target is destroyed, sometimes the next ship will be automatically targeted...other times, it's not. What gives?

3) Sometimes if I double click on a ship, my ship will move in the direction of the ship...other times, it doesnt. What gives?

4) I have dilithium...where can I refine it?

5) I have 20 slots for duty officers but I only have 5 (level 23 Commander), and it appears that the only way I can acquire more duty officers is to buy them with zen? Is this the only? Is there another way?

6) Are EV suits only purchaseable with refined dilithium?

Thanks in advance!
3) Double-clicking on an enemy does seem to set you on a course towards them but not always. Not sure why it isn't consistent.
Ensign
# 18
11-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Two days ago, when I last played, I had 50,000 Energy Credits. Tonight, I have 200. I have not bought anything.

Is there some aspect of this game that randomly diminishes energy credits?
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
11-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Many duty officer assignments take EC as an input, it'll be listed above the doff list. Changing bridge officers skills costs EC. Anything from the replicator or exchange, playing Dabo.
Ensign
# 20
11-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Well, if that's the case, then what is the point of the assignments feature if all it does is leave you without energy credits?