Captain
# 101
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
And well some of the page 10 posts are why these Foundry changes are a different debate, you guys. Closing an exploit is closing an exploit. And, if that means that more of you all actually play Foundry missions, then I'm all for it.

But the large fleet v. small fleet, or the whole debate about dilithium... honestly, I don't really care.

I'm a Foundry author who devotes hours just freaking lining up some candlesticks. That is what I do in STO.

But it would really nice to me if more than 3000 players collectively played the 6 missions that have taken me about 800 hours to make.

So all your dilithium smithium fleets smeets. If it's important to you, I'm all for it.

But, this Foundry stuff is important to me. I'd really like to see folks play my missions instead of clicking consoles for a daily reward.

That is STO to me. I just want folks to play my Star Trek and the other Star Trek that other Foundry authors have devoted time to make for the game. We'd like to see you guys play our stuff.

It is frankly a depressing fact that most of the players ignore what we do, because they can click consoles to get the reward for playing our missions.

My god, we've been the only ones really adding any story content for this game for the past year. We'd like to be rewarded for our work by getting some plays. And, we'd like you to be rewarded for actually playing our missions.

I don't think we're asking for much here. We're asking that you get something for playing our stuff instead of being lazy.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-08-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 102
11-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
w
THAT'S what I'm asking for ... lowering the dilithium costs on fleet projects ... I've even heard large fleets complain about the costs at the larger tiers ... and now we have embassies etc coming in as well with dilithium rewards on things like STFs being scaled back and made less as well.

It's the higher tier projects that are pure hell. w
Yeah tiers 4 and 5 are getting reduced. My point was, it's not that it's difficult, it's just going to take time, and that's the point. People are only complaining because they want everything now now now...like a child.
Captain
# 103
11-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
Most fleets are small fleets, so ruining it for small fleets will ruin it for a huge majority.

I see a critical mass coming where fleet starbases simply stop advancing, and people either go back to the way they enjoyed the game before season 6, relent and join a large fleet, or take their marbles and leave. It seems like a waste of resources for Cryptic to play for the few, but they are their to waste.
I think this has already happened, or atleast will when season 7 launches.

Especially because of the embassy addition. If your fleet does not finish that off before Season 8 when they release another add-on like it you are actually making negative progression as in your fleet will continue to fall further and further behind.

Its a wonderful system.
Empire Veteran
# 104
11-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
And well some of the page 10 posts are why these Foundry changes are a different debate, you guys. Closing an exploit is closing an exploit. And, if that means that more of you all actually play Foundry missions, then I'm all for it.

But the large fleet v. small fleet, or the whole debate about dilithium... honestly, I don't really care.

I'm a Foundry author who devotes hours just freaking lining up some candlesticks. That is what I do in STO.

But it would really nice to me if more than 3000 players collectively played the 6 missions that have taken me about 800 hours to make.

So all your dilithium smithium fleets smeets. If it's important to you, I'm all for it.

But, this Foundry stuff is important to me. I'd really like to see folks play my missions instead of clicking consoles for a daily reward.

That is STO to me. I just want folks to play my Star Trek and the other Star Trek that other Foundry authors have devoted time to make for the game. We'd like to see you guys play our stuff.

It is frankly a depressing fact that most of the players ignore what we do, because they can click consoles to get the reward for playing our missions.

My god, we've been the only ones really adding any story content for this game for the past year. We'd like to be rewarded for our work. And, we'd like you to be rewarded for actually playing our missions.

I don't think we're asking for much here.
The note should be ... This will close the exploit but NOT get more players to play the Foundry ... simple as that.

People who want to play Foundry play it. People who look for the dilithium will not put the time into playing longer missions. (I personally try to play one long one a week for fun).

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 105
11-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
Yeah tiers 4 and 5 are getting reduced. My point was, it's not that it's difficult, it's just going to take time, and that's the point. People are only complaining because they want everything now now now...like a child.
If they reduce those costs at the higher tiers ... I'm cool with it, but right now they are also reducing what we get via STF runs.

How does the one help you get ahead of the other?s

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 106
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
Most fleets are small fleets, so ruining it for small fleets will ruin it for a huge majority.

I see a critical mass coming where fleet starbases simply stop advancing, and people either go back to the way they enjoyed the game before season 6, relent and join a large fleet, or take their marbles and leave. It seems like a waste of resources for Cryptic to play for the few, but they are their to waste.
But they didn't design the fleet system for large fleets, it was designed to take a while to complete for everyone. That's another reason for the Embassy, to give you smaller, quickly obtainable goals during the slow march of tier 4 and 5 starbase. There will be plenty of other things to do. This game was around for 2 and a half years without the fleet system, with even less to do. Why would people quit because they can't complete the fleet system faster? I think there should've been more tiers, it would've taken the same amount of time to complete them all, but at least there wouldn't be large gaps between accomplishments.
Starfleet Veteran
# 107
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
The note should be ... This will close the exploit but NOT get more players to play the Foundry ... simple as that.

People who want to play Foundry play it. People who look for the dilithium will not put the time into playing longer missions. (I personally try to play one long one a week for fun).
^ this I agree with
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 108
11-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Well if that's the case, so be it. At least I'll know that folks would rather do a repetitive mini-game for hours rather than play my stuff. Right now, I don't know that, when there is no incentive to play my stuff, compared to spending 5 minutes clicking consoles.
Career Officer
# 109
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
If the rewards go away from the console clicker Foundry mission it will kill my fleet's progress. We've only barely made it to tier 3. None of us have the time to grind mission for Marks and grind mission for Dilithium. The Foundry mission was the only way to get both at once. The requirements are already burning us out. Take away our primary source of resources, we're dead.

Everyone's going to need to save all of their dilithium for the new gear. A full Mk12 set is 90k+. That's two weeks of converting 8k a day. Most of us don't have the time do grind out 8k every day. And when we do, we don't have time to get any Fleet Marks. Using this mission was the only way we have been able to keep the starbase going.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Well if that's the case, so be it. At least I'll know that folks would rather do a repetitive mini-game for hours rather than play my stuff. Right now, I don't know that, when there is no incentive to play my stuff, compared to spending 5 minutes clicking consoles.
It's sad that STO has turned into a resource/farming game instead of a Story Based game. Having said that, I am looking forward to exploring New Romulas

We need a Foundry Reputation system with unique gear
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net