Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 101
11-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
40k bleedthrough dmg...hilarious, stopped reading there. come on, this discussion with alexindcobra is leading nowhere, as usual.
Maybe he just needs to vent his frustration?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,561
# 102
11-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Maybe he just needs to vent his frustration?
i sure hope so, if the things he says he actually believes are true...well. then again, when they are explained away he usually refuses to believe it, and judging by the consistancy he is rage posting i can only asume he is very, very frustrated with STO. I would have quit the game before posting each weak a thread about how imbalanced everything is.
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 103
11-08-2012, 07:37 PM
4k bleedthrough dmg X 10 hits per second = 40k pers second . Along with not being able to read, maybe Baudi can't do simple math either. He like to laugh and mock people he disagrees with instead of actaully bringing data to counter the argument. I got that data from a test on my own ship against a friend who had a beefed up escort. He can laugh on because he is just a fan on the sidelines trying to routing for a side.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 295
# 104
11-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
4k bleedthrough dmg X 10 hits per second = 40k pers second . Along with not being able to read, maybe Baudi can't do simple math either. He like to laugh and mock people he disagrees with instead of actaully bringing data to counter the argument. I got that data from a test on my own ship against a friend who had a beefed up escort. He can laugh on because he is just a fan on the sidelines trying to routing for a side.
i would like screen shots to confirm or you are making lies good sir. also btw crusiers aint meant for killing things they are the meatshields for the frail ships giving just enough dps to get attention to themselves or by backing up the group with heals. I myself usually love using my odyssey as a heal boat runnin almost all if not all the variants of hull heals and shield heals minus sci team (that would hurt my 2 eng teams). i use all the ships and see their merits and the rewards system is based on contribution to the team not solely on dps as you have claimed. ill have to dig the quotes up from the devs on that i forgot where they were as im typing this. Escorts are DPS kings no question there and people have found ways to increase a escorts time in the front lines of fire ( i do apologize for this wall of text but i am having a big urge to give all my thoughts on this ) all you have done sir has made rant posts while not offering a way to help bolster a crusiers dps which is possible i can get a healthy 900 dmg per beam on my oddy and she still can tank like a boss you just have to find what works.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 105
11-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos472 View Post
i would like screen shots to confirm or you are making lies good sir. also btw crusiers aint meant for killing things they are the meatshields for the frail ships giving just enough dps to get attention to themselves or by backing up the group with heals. I myself usually love using my odyssey as a heal boat runnin almost all if not all the variants of hull heals and shield heals minus sci team (that would hurt my 2 eng teams). i use all the ships and see their merits and the rewards system is based on contribution to the team not solely on dps as you have claimed. ill have to dig the quotes up from the devs on that i forgot where they were as im typing this. Escorts are DPS kings no question there and people have found ways to increase a escorts time in the front lines of fire ( i do apologize for this wall of text but i am having a big urge to give all my thoughts on this ) all you have done sir has made rant posts while not offering a way to help bolster a crusiers dps which is possible i can get a healthy 900 dmg per beam on my oddy and she still can tank like a boss you just have to find what works.
A capable jem or escort can really burst heavily in PvP. I have the odd feeling that most people that defend the current Galaxy do not PvP at all.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,561
# 106
11-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
4k bleedthrough dmg X 10 hits per second = 40k pers second . Along with not being able to read, maybe Baudi can't do simple math either. He like to laugh and mock people he disagrees with instead of actaully bringing data to counter the argument. I got that data from a test on my own ship against a friend who had a beefed up escort. He can laugh on because he is just a fan on the sidelines trying to routing for a side.
40k per second for 10 seconds, man that is impossible...you are lucky to get a 40k BO3 after that you are basically gimped with 60 to 70 weapon energy...no way in the following 9 seconds you can keep that numbers up.
also, what do you do for 10 seconds, while an escort is pounding on you? ever tried to heal yourself? or do you get tea in the meantime?
anyway, the reason i do not care to explain or bring data is simply because you ignore it anyway.

anyway before you came to 400k...now 40k
Quote:
1)You forgot that shields get bleed through damage from energy weapons, so even while RSP and Tac team is up, there 10% damage bleeding through shields. 10% bleed through of a 400k critical attack is 40k per second, 4k per hit for 10 seconds which DHC's can delivered alot faster and more frequent than beams. Beams can only deliver critical attack through BO which sometime miss and the damage is not continuous. RCV or RCF will deliver continuous damge until cycle is finished. Even if some of the cannon bolts miss, there are a hundred more bolts that will hit you.
why should i even care to start explaining (as others did), i know it is total targh turd anyway, and you will keep whining about stuff you have no clue about anyway.

Quote:
A capable jem or escort can really burst heavily in PvP. I have the odd feeling that most people that defend the current Galaxy do not PvP at all.
yeah heavily, but not 40k/sec for 10 sec...cut that number in half for 5 sec and you may be on to something.
The galaxy has an obvious problem, that is simply that other ships (oddy) can do anything it does...but better. It still is a nice support/heal cruiser for PVP...just not the best one anymore.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 11-09-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 107
11-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
yeah heavily, but not 40k/sec for 10 sec...cut that number in half for 5 sec and you may be on to something.
The galaxy has an obvious problem, that is simply that other ships (oddy) can do anything it does...but better. It still is a nice support/heal cruiser for PVP...just not the best one anymore.
Jem with DHCs can easily crit you for 5k per hit. A competent player can burst you down below 5s, unless you already have defense buffs up.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,561
# 108
11-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Jem with DHCs can easily crit you for 5k per hit. A competent player can burst you down below 5s, unless you already have defense buffs up.
yeah, but not for 10 sec in a row...in which you basically should hit EPtS, TSS, etc...which cuts his numbers after the first 2 seconds in half or even more. and here i'm not even taking into account the def value...even if you have only 20% that will cut his overall dmg down by 20% and you normally go around with 50% or more.
then completely ignored reistance (maco shield) further 10%. When i wrote "cut this numbers in half" i meant the shots will not hit you for 5k...they hit more like 2.5 k or they don't even hit you at all 50% of the time.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 11-09-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 109
11-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
yeah, but not for 10 sec in a row...in which you basically should hit EPtS, TSS, etc...which cuts his numbers after the first 2 seconds in half or even more. and here i'm not even taking into account the def value...even if you have only 20% that will cut his overall dmg down by 20% and you normally go around with 50% or more.
then completely ignored reistance (maco shield) further 10%.
Why not 10s in row ? How long does APA, APO and CRF last ? How often you can cycle it

Tractor beam poor cruiser and he is helpless with negative defence and inertia so low it will take them several seconds to accelerate. Now in team environment you will also have your power drained and you will be SNBed.

So please, of course his numbers are possible in PvP on common basis from top escort players.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,561
# 110
11-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Why not 10s in row ? How long does APA, APO and CRF last ? How often you can cycle it

Tractor beam poor cruiser and he is helpless with negative defence and inertia so low it will take them several seconds to accelerate. Now in team environment you will also have your power drained and you will be SNBed.

So please, of course his numbers are possible in PvP on common basis from top escort players.
it is called power drop, and it is a really signifficant factor when it comes to energy weapons. even with EPtW you can't keep your weapons above 100 for 10 seconds.

what the problem here is, you count the numbers that leave the escort...while i only count the numbers that actully arrive at the target. Yes being tractored is a heavy ability and without the target doing anything about it, it will kill it in seconds. But once TT, TSS, and other def abilities are up and timed right, to avoid the subnuke strip, chances are really high that the cruiser survives that tractor beam. an escort or sci vessel may not.

also 400k dmg is about the amount of dmg a really really good escort captain deals in 5 minutes of a ten minutes match.
Go pro or go home
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 AM.