Career Officer
# 141
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Higher Tiers switch to green, rares etc.

You knew that didn't you?
You're talking about small fleets that haven't gotten that far yet. Correct? Because if you're talking about fleets that have gotten that far, then they're doing just fine and there's absolutely no reason for complaints. Correct?
Career Officer
# 142
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
That's your "perception" ... not reality.

Those are two different things.
But you think your "perception" is "reality"? I'm telling you how it is and what you need to do to make your fleet progress at the pace you want but you refuse, and you've deluded yourself into thinking that you're going to be catered to for having a small lazy fleet. Sounds like I'm more in touch with reality.
Empire Veteran
# 143
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
You're talking about small fleets that haven't gotten that far yet. Correct? Because if you're talking about fleets that have gotten that far, then they're doing just fine and there's absolutely no reason for complaints. Correct?
I'm talking about DOFFs .... You have to uses uncommons and rares for fleet projects the higher up go.

So suddenly players have to begin putting in their uncommons and rares.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 144
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
But you think your "perception" is "reality"? I'm telling you how it is and what you need to do to make your fleet progress at the pace you want but you refuse, and you've deluded yourself into thinking that you're going to be catered to for having a small lazy fleet. Sounds like I'm more in touch with reality.
Nope ... I'm saying its my point of view and my perception.

Neither of us are talking reality. Hell, this is a fictional game if you want to get down to specifics.

Truth is ... You don't know what its like to walk in the shoes of other fleets other than your own.

At least I work closely with other fleet leaders and members of other fleets via a coalition. ... All of whom seem to agree.

Career Officer
# 145
11-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
I'm talking about DOFFs .... You have to uses uncommons and rares for fleet projects the higher up go.

So suddenly players have to begin putting in their uncommons and rares.
Ok, try to follow me on this one. We've been debating on the fairness of project costs to small fleets that are behind because of it. Those fleets would still be on white quality only. If they're so far along that they need higher quality, THEN THEY'RE NOT TOO SMALL AND NOT FALLING BEHIND AND DON'T NEED TO BE CATERED TO!!! Therefore, no one in these small fleets have had to sacrifice their doffing for the fleet projects. And if they're in a fleet that far advanced to where they need higher quality doffs, then they'll do just fine if they keep enough doffs to do their doffing. Take your time on replying til your brain catches up, no sense in arguing in circles.
Career Officer
# 146
11-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:

Neither of us are talking reality. Hell, this is a fictional game if you want to get down to specifics.

Truth is ... You don't know what its like to walk in the shoes of other fleets other than your own.

At least I work closely with other fleet leaders and members of other fleets via a coalition. ... All of whom seem to agree.
No the game really exists in reality. The setting is fiction. What you need to do to advance your fleet quickly is reality, what you think you should have to do is fantasy.
Captain
# 147
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
If by fleets suffered you mean they had no reason to exist other than a place to hang your hat, ok. Now that they have a reason for existence they're suffering? This isn't about what I see, because I see reality. This is about what you see, which is delusion.
A human's perception IS defined reality. For themselves.

If a fleet perceives that they are suffering they are infact suffering and will likely cease to play. That tends to cause others to suffer their loss and then they cease to play. Then they go to the MMO graveyard to join City of Heroes.

*I do not believe this game is dying nor do I think season 7 will kill it. Possibly a combination of 7, 8 and 9 if they keep alienating portions of the playerbase but that will take awhile.
Empire Veteran
# 148
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Ok, try to follow me on this one. We've been debating on the fairness of project costs to small fleets that are behind because of it. Those fleets would still be on white quality only. If they're so far along that they need higher quality, THEN THEY'RE NOT TOO SMALL AND NOT FALLING BEHIND AND DON'T NEED TO BE CATERED TO!!! Therefore, no one in these small fleets have had to sacrifice their doffing for the fleet projects. And if they're in a fleet that far advanced to where they need higher quality doffs, then they'll do just fine if they keep enough doffs to do their doffing. Take your time on replying til your brain catches up, no sense in arguing in circles.
:::: ROTFLMAO .... I'm not even going to justify that and your next with a response.

Career Officer
# 149
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:

Also, I was in another fleet before I created my own. It was stagnant and dying because the fleet leader was content to let it remain small and not bother to recruit. The fact that you belong to a "coalition" really undermines your position on this topic. Instead of pulling your resources into fewer, or even one fleet, you're in a bunch of fleets having to fill the same projects multiple times. I really don't see the logic in not merging the fleets together. This would solve your problem. You're shooting yourself in the foot. It's ridiculous. Is there a reason other than x amount of people all want to be fleet leaders? I really don't see the point in your coalition.
Captain
# 150
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
:::: ROTFLMAO .... I'm not even going to justify that and your next with a response.
He is merely an elitist that thinks because he has a shiney that few others have he is special. It is true at this point he does not need justified with any more of your, or my, time.