Captain
# 11
11-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
Fleet Heavy Cruiser also got a better turn rate. So what? Yeah I know, the hull is too weak, but really the difference is totally unimportant. When your shields are down I wouldn't bet on a tiny chance that some 2.5k additional hull will protect you.
Not arguing about that point. I certainly do not weight much the hull, but the shields and the other benefits - in long term especially, as cryptic like to make ships obsolete by created better versions, like besta.
Career Officer
# 12
11-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Not arguing about that point. I certainly do not weight much the hull, but the shields and the other benefits - in long term especially, as cryptic like to make ships obsolete by created better versions, like besta.
That's just how it goes in this perfect world. It's not unlikely that there sometimes (if STO will stay alive long enough) will be a tactical cruiser ahead of the Regent, a ship that already is in need of a fleet version to really get a benefit over the Excelsior.

Until all this happens and I don't have to hop into my Fleet Star Cruiser for really serious premade pew I'll take my upgraded all-rounder
-----------------------
decker999
Captain
# 13
11-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Bought it, flying it, love it. However it has 35 inertia rating for ship of it mass, that thing must be really DENSE as hell. Excelsior has 40 (even tho is bigger). Hell my Nebula has 40 intertia, despite having like 4x the mass !

Anyway, thanks to this it slides similar to Negh'var under turn base buffs, so be warned
Captain
# 14
11-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Why does this ship not have the +10% to shields and hull that other fleet retrofits do?
Captain
# 15
11-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Frankly the Regent blows, I'd sooner take the Fleet HCR even if I just wanted to Kirk or do damage.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples