Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 111
11-09-2012, 12:37 AM
You can circumvent the weapon energy drop with DEM + technican doffs. But well. Let's not be picky. Yes his numbers were "too high" but it was more about the point he made. And I'm also fairly sure, he was not talking about single escort attack, because of the "hundreds bolts" line.

I somewhat understand his frustration, no reason to pick on him. Truth his, a lot of people that say "galaxy is fine" never took it in pvp and such. And low turn rate should have a proper off-set somewhere else, to make the ship "balanced" as much as I loathe the word. LEt's not forget the ship with all its additions and costumes is one of the most expensive ships in game.

Last edited by dalnar83; 11-09-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,005
# 112
11-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
You can circumvent the weapon energy drop with DEM + technican doffs. But well. Let's not be picky. Yes his numbers were "too hight" but it was more about the point he made. And I'm also fairly sure, he was not talking about single escort attack, because of the "hundreds bolts" line.

I somewhat understand his frustration, no reason to pick on him. Truth his, a lot of people that say "galaxy is fine" never took it in pvp and such. And low turn rate should have a proper off-set somewhere else, to make the ship "balanced" as much as I loathe the word.
and 99% of people who fly the galaxy in PVP have 0 idea of shipbuild or role they should play in this ship. thats the main reason why they whine...

and i do not pick on him, i simply point out the nonsense he is posting over and over again and calls them facts.

PS: how the hell does Directed energy modulation in combination with a technician doff influence your energy levels? please explain? is it a special doff? and yes i want to be picky on that, since it is the top of BS mountain.
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 113
11-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Yes, there is technician doff variant, that reduces weapon drain when DEM is used for 10s.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,005
# 114
11-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Yes, there is technician doff variant, that reduces weapon drain when DEM is used for 10s.
remains only the fact that not many escorts actually can use DEM.
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 115
11-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
remains only the fact that not many escorts actually can use DEM.
Jem jem jem...but you are right not many can use that. Fact remains, there are ways to maximize spike.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
# 116
11-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
remains only the fact that not many escorts actually can use DEM.
There are more escorts/destroyers that can use DEM than there are that can not. If it is wise to do so is a different story.


Oh and Galaxy is fine. Sorry, just had to
-----------------------
decker999
Join Date: Aug 2010
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 117
11-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
Oh and Galaxy is fine. Sorry, just had to
You bastard !
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,005
# 118
11-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
There are more escorts/destroyers that can use DEM than there are that can not. If it is wise to do so is a different story.


Oh and Galaxy is fine. Sorry, just had to
yeah, i realised already earlier that DEM is actually a ltd ability to commander...thought it started at ltd.cmdr.

the doff in question is btw a system engineer. but makes no difference. i still stand to the point that 40k bleedthrough in 10 seconds by a single escort is just an untrue statement. it may be possible though if multiple resistance debuffs are applied...but that means multiple people target that specific cruiser.
and even though 40k bleedthrough is more than healable in that timeframe for any average build cruiser.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,694
# 119
11-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
.....also, what do you do for 10 seconds, while an escort is pounding on you? ever tried to heal yourself? or do you get tea in the meantime?
Weeeellll! If they are flying a Galaxy they probably want to be a "Picard". So yes, getting a nice cup of earl tea is just the thing to do! Next thing you know he'll put one of his councilor Doffs in charge of the ship so it can crash on a nearby planet.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 120
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I just realized something. Maybe he's taking all this damage because people read his threads, think he's an idiot, and then specifically target him so that he takes these numbers and thinks he's right.

Just a thought.

That being said, on to my 2 cents. Not living in PvP? Um... well ok, that's probably why they're called deathmatches. I have been demolished in PvP on a regular basis, but my cruisers never fall in under 10 seconds. Ever.

There are just too many defensive abilities you can employ. As Tactical abilities go, combine TT1 with APD2. As engineering abilities go, well I can write an entire paragraph on that, but let's just go with EPtS + Aux2SIF for now, since both of those provide an immediate and somewhat powerful defensive buff. And let's not forget RSP. Then as science abilities go, you have TSS (that thing OP. seriously OP), and HE, and again, both provide immediate and somewhat strong defensive buffs. THEN we get into the actual captain abilities. RSF provides a large regeneration bonus in addition to a strong defensive buff to your shields. Then you hit BFI and Miracle worker. Suddenly, you have a cruiser that can come back from the brink of death and be at almost full shields and most of it's hull.

And this was before I picked up my Odyssey. The things I listed I ran on my AC. The FREE AC. Not even the defensive king. But it lives.

Sooo I fail to see how you get dropped in under 10 seconds, even with 3 escorts on you. Unless you get a subnuke AND viral matrix AND they somehow put all your abilities on cd, I don't see anyone who is even slightly awake dying that fast. Don't take me wrong when I call BS, but I call BS. Cruisers have too many possible defensive abilities and they have the ability to stack defenses. The engineering consoles may have diminishing returns, but in all honesty, the ability to reduce damage by almost 50% with 4 neutroniums alone makes me want to call bs even more.

I can tell you right now, a properly constructed Odyssey that is specced towards damage can survive with ease. I know for a fact that the Galaxy-R is even tankier and has more HP and defensive abilities. With that, how are you dying?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 AM.