Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
# 31
11-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Smaller fleets undeniably were hurt by the resource costs in the first place, and the "intent" of the fleet base project is irrelevant to this fact. The quickie foundry missions were one viable way of compensating for this flaw in the game design. Not everyone has the ability or the desire to be part of a larger fleet, so the "find a big fleet" recommendation might as well be "I've got no answer, so here's a mindless knee jerk," for all it's useless smugness.
I have never - ever - suggested to people to be part of a larger fleet - look way back in my posting history - you will see a dozen threads about the problems starting in June - before the launch of S6 "Starbases - the beginning of the END"

In there I stated something that i knew would happen in large fleets - even more drama - and dissatified players - who are in effect just building a king his personal "space castle"

There was no "flaw" the system was designed to take a long time for the Avg size fleet and very long OR NEVER for a very small fleet.

This last part is something that you don't seem to understand - they were NOT designed for small fleets - Period - there is no "flaw"

The Officer daily was infact an "exploit" to get around this design - you have got it backwards.

Last edited by levi3; 11-09-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Commander
# 32
11-09-2012, 07:54 AM
The problem is that people want instant gratification with zero work.
And to many player think that being a lone wolf is equal to being cool.

If you don't want to be in a big fleet why should you have the same bonuses? A good big fleet means also more work so it should be normal for them to get bigger and better shinies faster. Even small fleet will get T5. It "just" takes them much more longer. Instead of 7 months something like 2 years. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

At least the doff requirements will be reduced. Yeah for that.

But I will miss the fast and free fleet marks. Doing fleet events really started to suck after 3 weeks xD

And we don't know if the nagus dailys will be enough to qualify for the reward .

Last edited by luxchristian; 11-09-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Captain
# 33
11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Where does it say anything about approval from cryptic ?
o "The Foundry mission description will now indicate when it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily."

If you go on tribble - you can see a example - in big bold red letters - this mission X will not be counted towards the "investigate officer daily"

this means they will be watching and measuring for the first time. Will there be work-around? Absolutley - but nothing as fast as what is currently in place.

And this was not ever ment to remove doing the report in a reasonable amount of time - if it takes 10 min to do the reports that is nothing compared to many others that reward 1440 dilth.
Ensign
# 34
11-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineko View Post
An account has a theoretical maximum of 46 characters.

Fill all 46 with 45 Klingon alts + 1 fed. Get every single one of them to do the clicky, then buy dil with it.

46 x 1446 / 158 = 420 Zen a day, after a $110 investment, that pays for itself in 26 days!

Its ridiculous. I'm glad this is going away. Now at least people can only physically play 6-7 doffing mule characters a day, while they'd all hit the 8k cap its less than the ridiculous amount generatable by 1.5h of work a day.
I've got my mind on my money,moneys on the mind. no profits left behind! I was far to addicted to the easy money, probably good you took it away i am a uber farmer though, unstoppable! love this game, keep up with the great content. will play and give cash till cats and dogs live together peacefully.
[Haggis] "salute"
Lieutenant
# 35
11-09-2012, 07:57 AM
So what if they are negating the "clicker" missions? I guarantee that somebody will find a way to circumvent this within a week and those with multiple alts including myself will continue to earn absurd amounts of dilithium.
Captain
# 36
11-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
The problem is that people want instant gratification with zero work.
No, I'm willing to work. I just don't want to repeat the same half dozen missions 5,000 times to buy a new space ship. If you want me in 5,000 combat missions, make them all different missions. Or else just abandon the pretense of working on "content," in favor of a $$$-generating grindfest to milk the game for all it's worth before pulling the plug on it.
Captain
# 37
11-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:

Fill all 46 with 45 Klingon alts + 1 fed. Get every single one of them to do the clicky, then buy dil with it.

46 x 1446 / 158 = 420 Zen a day, after a $110 investment, that pays for itself in 26 days!

Its ridiculous. I'm glad this is going away. Now at least people can only physically play 6-7 doffing mule characters a day, while they'd all hit the 8k cap its less than the ridiculous amount generatable by 1.5h of work a day.
How many people play the game and how many no life people do that again?
Why are you glad ? (probably missed the reason ...hope you dont have 46 toons and you want to zen for your dilithium)

for my small 4 person fleet this means no more fleet marks and you can be sure I wont hire you to grind fleet marks for my fleet.This will only benefit asian gold farmers who will get more zen for their dilithium .I will stop selling zen because no more fleet marks means no more fleet projects and the tier 4 goal is to far away to have any reason to continue with it.This means my dilithium sink is gone and no reason to get more.

what you said there is @10 people do that ...lets punish every person without 46 toons with a job and no time to grind fleet marks.Good job North Korea.
Commander
# 38
11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Stop playing the game if it is so awful. Or don't play it so much if there aren't enough different missions.

And you don't need a new ship. All content can be done with the free ships. The P2W consoles are only in PVP overpowered. And PVP here is a joke.

And if you really want something new and shiny for it... grab another game for 10euro on a Steam sale ;-)

I don't complain that they cash on the stupidity of their player base. I just wish I would own a game like STO :-P

Last edited by luxchristian; 11-09-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Captain
# 39
11-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
And you don't need a new ship.

Nobody "needs" a computer game at all.

But for me, a paying customer for around 1,000 days, the game is all about the ships. Obtaining them, equiping them, using them to blow things up. Any hoop-jumping they add will be weighed against this goal.
Captain
# 40
11-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:

I think the exploit is having that many alts, since only a couple can be actually played during a day. Obviously the high number of alts are there simply to farm.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf