Captain
# 201
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post

its about sustainablity - can the KDF make it on it's own? With the player numbers and the intensive dedication from Cryptic they have got so far - i think the answer is no.
No, THATS BS. Every STO player has a fed toon before they decide to make a KDF toon. The KDF from the day the game was released has survived, so there is no sustainability issue that needs to be addressed. We've made it this far without support from cryptic, we'll survive without future support. WITH support we'll do better but your thinking that the KDF will die unless rolled into a single faction with the feds is complete hogwash.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 202
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
At some point Cryptic has to create non Federation content for simple economic reasons.I can already hear people say: "You are crazy,the Fed side is the largest playerbase,yada yada yada.." Think about this for a second....the real product Cryptic is selling to people.....are the ships.The ships are the real stars of STO.(and Star Trek,but that's beside the point right now)

The most expensive items in the C-store...are ships.The most expensive items in the Lobi store....are ships.The most coveted items,with the absolute worst drop rates,in the lock boxes...are ships.Every bit of content they make is there so you can,and would,buy ships.

Now here's the thing.....with the heavy focus on the Federation,and their already impressive roster of ships expanding rapidly over the past 2 years....they are running out of ships.There comes a point where the market is saturated,and every new release is going to hurt the sales of previous releases.Don't forget that there are limits as to what they can put into the game IP wise,what 'non canon' content CBS will allow and the restriction of the game itself.At some point every 'gap' in the ship line up will be covered,and then they are left with nothing new to sell.

Their only option,if they intend to continue with STO,is to create content for other factions....starting with the other playable faction they already have.

......I love a good theory
You raise a good point. Ships are good, but they can only take you so far. But once you add in new factions, the possibilities are endless.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 203
11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
I still say we should get a new form of Freelance option for higher ups.

something where the Feds and the Klinks have their own factions and the irreverseable option to separate from those factions to a new freelance system to protect the colonies each faction ignore.

this is a place where the federation and klingons can use each others ships and Boffs.

but the price is simple. without the Federation or the Klingon Defense force to pay the bill, repairing ships, refuling them. supporting crew needs all of this will then be brought upon the captains who wish to seceed.

this also allows for other species to join, and their ships/boffs/doffs/weapons/equipment to be brought into play.

it is also able to keep both mission lines from each major factions intact, just to call it "a favor" of that faction.

It was applauded in DS9 a while ago...but not sure now.

it can also give Cryptic an exuse to drop in a lame Romulan/Cardassian/Dominionesque factions into this one faction.

again if captains choose to do this, the burdens would soley be on them and they cannot go back once they do.
Rihannsu
# 204
11-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
At some point Cryptic has to create non Federation content for simple economic reasons.I can already hear people say: "You are crazy,the Fed side is the largest playerbase,yada yada yada.." Think about this for a second....the real product Cryptic is selling to people.....are the ships.The ships are the real stars of STO.(and Star Trek,but that's beside the point right now)

The most expensive items in the C-store...are ships.The most expensive items in the Lobi store....are ships.The most coveted items,with the absolute worst drop rates,in the lock boxes...are ships.Every bit of content they make is there so you can,and would,buy ships.

Now here's the thing.....with the heavy focus on the Federation,and their already impressive roster of ships expanding rapidly over the past 2 years....they are running out of ships.There comes a point where the market is saturated,and every new release is going to hurt the sales of previous releases.Don't forget that there are limits as to what they can put into the game IP wise,what 'non canon' content CBS will allow and the restriction of the game itself.At some point every 'gap' in the ship line up will be covered,and then they are left with nothing new to sell.

Their only option,if they intend to continue with STO,is to create content for other factions....starting with the other playable faction they already have.

......I love a good theory
i do NOT think you are entirely right here, cause we see the balance changes.

now they want us to cash Zen to buy dillithium..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 205
11-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
So you think that max level Feds and KDF should be friends, but low level Feds and KDF should be enemies(since all of the low level missions are about them fighting each other)? No thanks, thats nonsense. Dan already said they are planning on doing a huge KDF content push in S8:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11#post6249011
No WAY I can live with a none violence treaty but no way that I will step in a fed craft, or a Fed will set foot on my ship aswell I will have his head instead .
With other words in Human terms No Way....
Captain
# 206
11-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The Iconians strike hard at the remnants of the Romulan Star empire and for the first time move to destroy the secondary threat they see in the Alpha Quadrant: The Klingon empire.

In wake of these devastating attacks both the Romulans and the Klingons, facing total destruction do something they never imagined they would: join the United Federation of Planets.

Starting in Season 8 captains from all sides will have access to the ships of each of the other 2 factions as resources are scarce. Just as Kirk flew a BoP soon to will other Starfleet captains. Klingon Captain will also be able to fly Starfleet ships.

The war between the factions of the Alpha Quadrant is over - the War against the new United Federation of Planets has just begun.

New Benefits for all players:

Access to purchase cross-faction ships while still maintaining there original starting points and Characters.

Decreased wait time for former KDF players in the Q's as they are now part of the Federation.

Full access and travel to all sectors of the Galaxy

Mixing and matching of ship powers and consoles.

More ability to mix and match in the PvP Q's - new mixed matches, mixed Q's and teams - When you launch as team A - what ships will you be fighting in team B?? Better be ready!

Increased ship sales of former KDF ships and the launching of several new ones.

Plus much much more.

Let me be the first to welcome our Klingon and Romulan brothers and sisters to the stronger UFP!! The war is over - but the battle is just beginning!

Please Discuss. I see this as a definite winning stratagey for Cryptic.
Terible Idea if you want a KDF ship level a KDF officer if you want a Fed level a fed but no way a klingon would make peace because you are to lazy to train a KDF or a Fed