Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 21
11-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I honestly had few complaints about Tron Legacy. I loved the ending though! Seriously though, the first Tron was novel because it was a new idea. I'm not really sure what you saw in it that I didn't but the new one seemed to be a pretty faithful sequel.
I had a few complaints- the bad guy (Clu) wasn't nearly as likeable as Sark (original Tron), there was not enough disk combat, almost no tanks, and I hate the new carrier.

The ticket price was worth the money just to see the recognizer tho.

...As for continuing the SW saga I don't need 3 post ROTJ movies to replace the great 'Adm Thrawn' books. Lucas approved those, and IMHO ARE the 3 ending episodes.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 11-09-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
11-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I honestly had few complaints about Tron Legacy. I loved the ending though! Seriously though, the first Tron was novel because it was a new idea. I'm not really sure what you saw in it that I didn't but the new one seemed to be a pretty faithful sequel.
My main issue was that in the first movie the locations were actually based on aspects of the computer. You had I/O towers and stuff like that. In the remake it just felt like a weird sci-fi setting without really any of the computer references.

I actually felt the game Tron 2.0 was a much more worthy sequel to the original Tron. That's a great game by the way, one of my personal favorites. I definitely recommend it to anyone who has not played it.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 23
11-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
My main issue was that in the first movie the locations were actually based on aspects of the computer. You had I/O towers and stuff like that. In the remake it just felt like a weird sci-fi setting without really any of the computer references.

I actually felt the game Tron 2.0 was a much more worthy sequel to the original Tron. That's a great game by the way, one of my personal favorites. I definitely recommend it to anyone who has not played it.
Well, one of the differences I noticed was that the new one seems to be the inside of a computer network and not just one specific computer.

I hated Sark.... My favorite scene with Sark was seeing him die....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
11-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Honestly it would be cool but Id rather they just recast them. Harrison looks as old as time and carrie has not aged well.

I know we should probably not place too much emphasis on looks but id rather remember them as there fresh faced selves for such iconic characters.
Photo shop it. Could almost work.
Commander
# 25
11-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
IIRC, Lucas had script treatments ready to go for at least three more films post RotJ. From the article I read on the buyout, those were sold to Disney as well as everything else (still kinda in wtf mode that ILM went to Disney as well).

So I'm reasonably sure that the story line for 7-9 has already been figured out and it's just left to us to wait until the movies actually come out.
If Lucas wrote them, we can only hope they get burned at the signing..