Cryptic Studios Team
# 211
11-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Brandon asked me for some more information, so here it is.

We have listened to the feedback of the Foundry author community, and have taken steps to encourage our players to play some of the missions created by their fellow players. To that end, we have made some changes to the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission:
  • Fast "clickie" missions are not eligible for daily because they discourage exploring the community authored stories.
  • Longer, well-crafted missions have always granted XP and EC at the end, and will continue to do so. Missions with no combat will also still grant diplomacy points.
  • These longer, well-crafted missions are the ones that will be eligible for the Foundry Daily.
  • Fast, Kill-One-Guy or Click-One-Console missions will not give credit for the daily.
  • Non-combat missions are still eligible for the daily.

A nice side effect of this will be to make the Hot filter more useful, as it will no longer be so dense with short "clickie" missions.

Hope this clarifies things for all of you. And now I have to get back into my hidey-hole, preparing Season 7 patch notes and builds and stuff.
Career Officer
# 212
11-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for clearing it up Zero!

There's going to be a lot of complaining about the clickie's being removed but in the end it's the right decision.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 213
11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post

We have listened to the feedback of the Foundry author community, and have taken steps to encourage our players to play some of the missions created by their fellow players. To that end, we have made some changes to the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission:
  • Fast "clickie" missions are not eligible for daily because they discourage exploring the community authored stories.
  • Longer, well-crafted missions have always granted XP and EC at the end, and will continue to do so. Missions with no combat will also still grant diplomacy points.
  • These longer, well-crafted missions are the ones that will be eligible for the Foundry Daily.
  • Fast, Kill-One-Guy or Click-One-Console missions will not give credit for the daily.

A nice side effect of this will be to make the Hot filter more useful, as it will no longer be so dense with short "clickie" missions.

Hope this clarifies things for all of you. And now I have to get back into my hidey-hole, preparing Season 7 patch notes and builds and stuff.
It does to some extent, but what defines the difference? Is it a time calculated formula or...

Just out of interest really, also, do the rewards scale?
Lieutenant
# 214
11-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:

Thanks for the details. So here is my question: there are certain missions that are not exploits, but are designed to be pretty quick specifically for completing the daily without exploiting. For example, killing a couple of enemy groups, but they have an actual plot. Would these types of missions qualify?
Lieutenant
# 215
11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Also, considering how long some foundry missions can be, why are 2 required to complete the daily? That could take several hours.
Empire Veteran
# 216
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillithiae View Post
Thanks for the details. So here is my question: there are certain missions that are not exploits, but are designed to be pretty quick specifically for completing the daily without exploiting. For example, killing a couple of enemy groups, but they have an actual plot. Would these types of missions qualify?
Zero .... Lets get down to specifics ... Do the Grand Nagus dailies make the pass or not work with this new system?

They are a more than a one shot kill and have a little bit more behind them and do NOT exploit the system.

As a side note ... Those that were clicking before will still not play the Foundry. Those that did play the Foundry (like me once a week) will continue to do so.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 217
11-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillithiae View Post
Also, considering how long some foundry missions can be, why are 2 required to complete the daily? That could take several hours.
And THAT is why people don't play true Foundry missions for the dailies and why it needs to be tiered with each one getting something.

And I think the latter is what Neverwinter is supposed to do ... correct?

So nothing is yet being solved with this other than the hole closed.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!

Last edited by genhauk; 11-09-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Lieutenant
# 218
11-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
The original patch note said "Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion."

So all this did is restate what was already said. It does nothing to help us understand the meaning of the original statement. The only new vague tidbit is the word 'longer', so there appears to be a time based component to this of some type.

If a foundry author wants to craft a mission that can be used for a daily, how do they know they have satisfied this 'magic' formula? Can this be quickly determined as soon as the mission is published?
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Career Officer
# 219
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Zero .... Lets get down to specifics ... Do the Grand Nagus dailies make the pass or not work with this new system?

They are a more than a one shot kill and have a little bit more behind them and do NOT exploit the system.
Seriously, an answer to this before Tuesday would be nice. Because if they don't, I've gotta find a new source of dilithium and fleet marks that I can actually fit into my day.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 220
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, it looks like my latest version of Gates of Sto'vo'kor mission which was designed as an experimental mission and it appears that now it won't be eligible for rewards. It has a completely custom map with dozens of interactable objects and emotes. However, the mission has no objectives, no combat, and no story. It's is merely a place for people to bring their friends to hang out in and experience the environment and tell their own stories without the trolling that many social zones have become known for. This makes me sad.