Lieutenant
# 221
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconcentus View Post
Seriously, an answer to this before Tuesday would be nice. Because if they don't, I've gotta find a new source of dilithium and fleet marks that I can actually fit into my day.
Fear not. I'm sure that anyone who had made missions like this will only have to add a few more enemies to make them qualify. Whatever the minimum # is will be common knowledge soon enough.
Career Officer
# 222
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
It does to some extent, but what defines the difference? Is it a time calculated formula or...

Just out of interest really, also, do the rewards scale?
Ya specifics would be nice

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 223
11-09-2012, 01:29 PM
I suppose really the questions we should be asking now are
  1. What is used to work out if a mission gives XP and EC's?
  2. What are the Thresholds for it to then count for the Daily?

Captain
# 224
11-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Brandon asked me for some more information, so here it is.

We have listened to the feedback of the Foundry author community, and have taken steps to encourage our players to play some of the missions created by their fellow players. To that end, we have made some changes to the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission:
  • Fast "clickie" missions are not eligible for daily because they discourage exploring the community authored stories.
  • Longer, well-crafted missions have always granted XP and EC at the end, and will continue to do so. Missions with no combat will also still grant diplomacy points.
  • These longer, well-crafted missions are the ones that will be eligible for the Foundry Daily.
  • Fast, Kill-One-Guy or Click-One-Console missions will not give credit for the daily.
  • Non-combat missions are still eligible for the daily.

A nice side effect of this will be to make the Hot filter more useful, as it will no longer be so dense with short "clickie" missions.

Hope this clarifies things for all of you. And now I have to get back into my hidey-hole, preparing Season 7 patch notes and builds and stuff.
This justification and the idea behind this is superb, but I think we're all still confused on the mechanics of it. I get that you may not want to reveal the mechanics of it.

But hopefully it's based on a timer or something and not a dev that has to individually tag clickers as clickers.

But I still don't understand:

Quote:
Longer, well-crafted missions have always granted XP and EC at the end, and will continue to do so.
I've played lots of Foundry, and I can't, for the life of me, recall getting ECs for it. I assumed that I was getting some XP while playing the mission, but it was so small that it's not noticeable.

Can someone clarify here? How much ECs are foundry missions secretly giving me when playing them?
Captain
# 225
11-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Zero, this is all nice and all, but do you have any info on the issue I reported earlier? I really need that fixed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Empire Veteran
# 226
11-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Can someone clarify here? How much ECs are foundry missions secretly giving me when playing them?
Could this mean drops that can be sold for EC? ... I know when I ran the Nagus Dailies earlier I get gear drops with those.

Don't know beyond that thought ...

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 227
11-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
We have listened to the feedback of the Foundry author community, and have taken steps to encourage our players to play some of the missions created by their fellow players.
Pure B.S. This was 100% to kill a way of circumventing the obnoxious fleet base grind. I don't know who you people think you're fooling with statements like that.
Captain
# 228
11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Could this mean drops that can be sold for EC? ... I know when I ran the Nagus Dailies earlier I get gear drops with those.

Don't know beyond that thought ...
She said that foundry missions have always given ECs "at the end" of the mission. Since when? Have I just never noticed?

It's also the first time I've heard of non-combat missions granting Diplomacy XP. How much does it grant?
Captain
# 229
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM
You do realize that if they give out the exact criteria for what makes a mission count for the daily, you'll just have a bunch of people use that to make the shortest possible missions that still count for the daily and put those up?
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
# 230
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Brandon asked me for some more information, so here it is.

We have listened to the feedback of the Foundry author community, and have taken steps to encourage our players to play some of the missions created by their fellow players. To that end, we have made some changes to the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission:
  • Fast "clickie" missions are not eligible for daily because they discourage exploring the community authored stories.
  • Longer, well-crafted missions have always granted XP and EC at the end, and will continue to do so. Missions with no combat will also still grant diplomacy points.
  • These longer, well-crafted missions are the ones that will be eligible for the Foundry Daily.
  • Fast, Kill-One-Guy or Click-One-Console missions will not give credit for the daily.
  • Non-combat missions are still eligible for the daily.

A nice side effect of this will be to make the Hot filter more useful, as it will no longer be so dense with short "clickie" missions.

Hope this clarifies things for all of you. And now I have to get back into my hidey-hole, preparing Season 7 patch notes and builds and stuff.
Well congrats... you've just given me my final reason to stop playing this game. With all the dilithium needed in Season 7, and the absurd cost of fleet projects for smaller fleets, I dont see any reason to keep playing.

You guys havent realized that if a person doesn't want to play a "long, well-crafted" foundry mission, they aren't going to. No amount of prodding by the devs is going to make them.

So instead what you've done is neutered dilithium and fleet mark acquisition, for players who get limited time to play.

Come December 12th, when my sub is up... Im out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
You do realize that if they give out the exact criteria for what makes a mission count for the daily, you'll just have a bunch of people use that to make the shortest possible missions that still count for the daily and put those up?
You realize people will do that anyway.