Captain
# 11
11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
On a side note involving the spotlights. I'm proud at how long, diverse, and wonderful that list is.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
On a side note involving the spotlights. I'm proud at how long, diverse, and wonderful that list is.
Couldn't have said it better. Its a shame all those people down in the tribble forums can't appreciate the great things authors are doing.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Ensign
# 13
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Couldn't have said it better. Its a shame all those people down in the tribble forums can't appreciate the great things authors are doing.
Killing the daily mission isn't going to get them running into your arms either. But grats on removing it. You should be so proud.

If people didn't have to grind so much, they'd probably have to time to try out player missions. Now that the burden has been increased and increased further in your quest to force people to your work, people will be less likely to partake.

Careful what you wish for!

Last edited by pwecanbiteme; 11-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Rihannsu
# 14
11-09-2012, 02:11 PM
im personally very proud to be on the list of spotlighted mission. congrats to all authors on there and to all future authors who will make the list, and to anyone who takes the time to make a mission.

hopefully once neverwinter is up and running we can get some of their tech to better showcase our work.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
11-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecanbiteme View Post
Killing the daily mission isn't going to get them running into your arms either. But grats on removing it. You should be so proud.

If people didn't have to grind so much, they'd probably have to time to try out player missions. Now that the burden has been increased and increased further in your quest to force people to your work, people will be less likely to partake.

Careful what you wish for!
Some people are determined to deny themselves the best story content in the game. That's fine, they can go grind something else if that's all they want to do. I don't want 'em. I want the people who don't care about getting more and more dilithium for dubious rewards for which there isn't any content progression that requires the best gear anyway.

I want people who appreciate story, for whom entertaining playtime is its own reward, and people who are mostly like that but who just need a little bit of a carrot to lean them that way. I hope this is progress toward getting those people.

But that's not what this thread is about and I apologize for derailing it.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 16
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
BF,

What happens when our missions break? Before I agree to sign over a version that can't be edited, then I'd like to know what my options will be when it breaks due to a new update or something.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 17
11-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
BF,

What happens when our missions break? Before I agree to sign over a version that can't be edited, then I'd like to know what my options will be when it breaks due to a new update or something.
We can visit that if/ when that happens. but we don't predict it to You can always reply to a past ticket to raise a new issue and I'll get it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 18
11-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
BF,

Generally speaking, breaking occurs in the editor, doesn't it? Published missions only break if republished, automatically or manually. If anything, an archived version that doesn't get unpublished or republished is probably more stable.

There is a chance, however, that tuning or balance could be off.
Captain
# 19
11-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Generally speaking, breaking occurs in the editor, doesn't it? Published missions only break if republished, automatically or manually. If anything, an archived version that doesn't get unpublished or republished is probably more stable.

There is a chance, however, that tuning or balance could be off.
Hmm, I wondered if I could unpublish a mission once published, since the only way to accurately test it is to publish it.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 20
11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
*points at sig*

Hehe.... I'm a bit ambivalent. 3 real missions is a lot for the reward. Personally I think 1 would be better for the current reward.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!