Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
Are you aware, that contrary to the skill description, it does in fact not buff either Sensor Scan or Fire on My Mark? Either the skill is bugged, or the the description should the altered to remove inaccurate information. These powers are listed under the "examples include" bit in the skill description, and I"ve had to tell a lot of people that their belief in the skill was mistaken.

Based on testing the debuff values with six ranks in the skill versus no ranks in the skill; same ship, same character, same consoles.
12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Maybe it only affects the stealth/perception part? Or is that one unaffected as well?
Captain
# 3
11-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
Maybe it only affects the stealth/perception part? Or is that one unaffected as well?
That's the only part it says it affects - so if it's not affecting it, that's kind of off.

The Amicus list has it affecting Sensor Scan, base Stealth detection, says it didn't do anything noticeable for the Tach stuff, and does not mention FoMM.
Captain
# 4
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
It affects the stealth detection part only of FOMM and sensor scan, also beta/delta debuff.
Career Officer
# 5
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
It affects the stealth detection part only of FOMM and sensor scan, also beta/delta debuff.
If it does affect stealth detection, it doesn't do it very much; my testing has found that there's a difference of less than 2km between having four +sensor consoles and none when it comes to detection range. It would be useful to clarify this in the descriptive text, since the ground skills actually can enchance the debuff strength; this is an inconsistency that should be noted so players are aware of it.
Career Officer
# 6
11-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Hilbert, Naz -- Forget about this game. Come play Mechwarrior!
Captain
# 7
11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naldoran View Post
If it does affect stealth detection, it doesn't do it very much; my testing has found that there's a difference of less than 2km between having four +sensor consoles and none when it comes to detection range. It would be useful to clarify this in the descriptive text, since the ground skills actually can enchance the debuff strength; this is an inconsistency that should be noted so players are aware of it.
Starship Sensors
Improves Starship Stealth Detection
This skill improves starship sensor abilities allowing you to see cloaked enemy targets sooner.

Is what the skill says for me.
Career Officer
# 8
11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Fire on My Mark is listed as an example, and that skill only affects targets which have already been decloaked, implying that there is more to the skill than that. This should perhaps simply result in some text being cleared up, but I've met a great many players who believed (wrongly) that the skill affected the debuff strength; the perception exists, ergo people are getting confused somewhere...
Captain
# 9
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Actually sensors do greattly improve the detection range - on science ships. For other ships is meh...but on my nebula in Ker'Rat..let's say I see even behind the corners...
Career Officer
# 10
11-10-2012, 08:52 AM
With the skill tree revamp Sensor Scan & Fire on My Mark got a "Sensors Skill" dependence, but the damage resistance component haven't been affected. Instead, both damage resistance component got an 75% boost.

Photonic Fleet is an another example, but instand of 75% ability boost it only get 50% Boost.