Rihannsu
# 261
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
That really is the bottom line. If the grinders feel that they need more sources of dilithium and that there is something wrong with the levels of what is needed for these various projects... it's an entirely different issue.

But this mission is designed to reward players for playing actual Foundry missions, not checking flight departures at ESD. The folks who play it as intended should be rewards. They have to pay for the candy bar. It's not fair for them to pay, while everyone else is robbing the place for the prize.

So good job Cryptic, if it works.

Now, ahem...

Perhaps (if it works) the prize could be increased so that it matches the 2-3 hours of time it takes to play 3 real foundry missions?
If they leave the reward as-is, they could just lower the limit to 1 mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 262
11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Does this mean you are screwing with the quick Foundry dailies? ... Making them useless?
Kind of hurts...the only reason I dropped 4kzen on infrastructure was to add more characters to log in for 1 min dailies for dil(which have not yet, and unfortunately will not have paid for themselves by the time this changes). Had we gotten a heads-up this kind of change would be coming a few weeks ago, I would have bought a ship pack and bank slots instead :/

If you want people to play Foundry missions (which i do on a very limited basis), don't worry about what the authors have to say about it, listen to the people that don't like playing them, identify why, and take it from there.

All of the best equip requires dil and zen (one in the same) and I already subscribe and will not consider using real world currency for zen in addition. If you're taking my free dil away, at least up my Zen stipend for paying monthly.

The mindset of take from some to please others is a dangerous road to follow.
Career Officer
# 263
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't think removing the exploit will make me play foundry missions...
there are other ways to get dilithium, i'll adapt.

and i'll wait until the Reputation System hits the Foundry and some REAL rewards are added to the System, just a question of time.

The 50 Fleetmarks will hurt... may make people actually play Fleetmissions again.
maybe not the worst thing, haven't played one in weeks.
Career Officer
# 264
11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
I use the quick click missions with the Foundry daily in order to quickly earn fleet marks.

If those are being removed, then at least give me a way to convert Zen to fleet marks.
Career Officer
# 265
11-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalawaran View Post
The mindset of take from some to please others is a dangerous road to follow.
No one's taking the clickies away to please people, it's an exploit that's being fixed...

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 266
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
it's an exploit that's being fixed...
dont talk wet , it is something the dev's put in to see how many would use it , a lot of one man/ small fleets are going to suffer as a result as the game is turning into a grindfest tbh . and this will start to drive some players away
Career Officer
# 267
11-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
dont talk wet , it is something the dev's put in to see how many would use it , a lot of one man/ small fleets are going to suffer as a result as the game is turning into a grindfest tbh . and this will start to drive some players away
There are two issues here that people are merging into one.

1. foundry clickie exploit doesn't count for investigate officer reports anymore (1440 dil, 50 fm)
2. People don't have enough dilithium and fm to put into their starbase

Because of #2 people were relying on #1.

In comes a fix to get rid of the loop hole and people are upset because their easy access to dilithium and fleetmarks is now gone. The issue you guys should be complaining about is #2, that Starbases are insanely expensive for small fleets which required using exploits to pay for.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Starfleet Veteran
# 268
11-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
It is an exploit. Granted one that they tolerated so far and even encouraged by adding the Fleetmarks, but still an exploit and it would be nice if they buff the FM reward from the officer of the Wach daily.

Saying this and that will drive players away has been said and repeated sooo many times now ever since the game went live...

Some, maybe, but the Devs have been proven right in their business decisions so many times now, it really doesn't matter in the big scheme if some people have a grudge because their laziness is no longer rewarded.

And this change is so minor on the STO Apocalypse scale i doubt it even registers as such.
Captain
# 269
11-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Some of the angry feedback is just getting down-right comical and strenghing the Devs position:

"I spent 4000 Zen creating new character slots to take advantage of this exploit"

"One man fleets will suffer"

"I only log in for 20 min a day to do the daily on my 4 alts"

This just goes to show what a Farce the Investigate officer daily had become - only to get worse with more things costing dilth next week - if something had not been done.

Bravo Cryptic - every time one of these angry players critizizes your move it just proves you made the right one.
Captain
# 270
11-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post

and i'll wait until the Reputation System hits the Foundry and some REAL rewards are added to the System, just a question of time.

Any dev posts about this possibility or is it just wishful thinking? I haven't paid any attention to reputation stuff.