Captain
# 271
11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
If they leave the reward as-is, they could just lower the limit to 1 mission.
I support that idea. That's a great daily quest, if we don't see "clickies 2.0."
Career Officer
# 272
11-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Any dev posts about this possibility or is it just wishful thinking? I haven't paid any attention to reputation stuff.
part wishfull thinking, part obvious.
they will add that Reputation Sytem to EVERYTHING now...
i expect to get at least 2 more Reputation Trees / Tabs with every Season to keep the grind going.
in the last P1 interview with Geko they've gone through the list of what is *possible* with it and they mentioned pretty much every Species and System down to "PVP Reputation".
These 2 Borg + Rom are just the beginning.

Geko did not mention the Foundry, but it is only a logical assumption that at some point it will get in their crosshair too (and imho the foundry needs it the most to make people play that stuff, of course first the exploit had to go i had hoped when the clickes go that they would be replaced with something really NEW AND SHINY, but for now, it only hurts the daily dilithium production GAME WIDE, i expect that Dilithium Exchange number to go slowly up again now. add the nerfed STFs too that... uff... that will hurt.)
Starfleet Veteran
# 273
11-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I wonder if Cryptic will the purge the mission roster so the old clickies don't clutter the menu so much. I doubt most of the authors will bother emoving them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 274
11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Shaka, when the walls fell.

So S7 takes away from the game and adds stuff I don't care for. My fleet base will never get finished now. The more you take away b/c of a few QQers, the less people will play your game. The less people you have, the less $ you take in. At some point the QQers will be left without anyone to complain to when they shut down the servers.

For the first time, I regret going lifetime. To disable an aspect of a game that I made this purchase upon is nothing short of a bait-n-switch.

Season 7: Shaka, when the walls fell.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Career Officer
# 275
11-09-2012, 04:42 PM
You got a lifetime so you could play clickies?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 276
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
You got a lifetime so you could play clickies?
And the list of people complaining because they were deliberately using this exploit keeps growing - comical

Don't anyone dare say they created 10+ alts to just do this missions say "i had no idea this was something that wasn't intended" - you will just make yourself look foolish.
Lt. Commander
# 277
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
So S7 takes away from the game and adds stuff I don't care for. My fleet base will never get finished now. The more you take away b/c of a few QQers, the less people will play your game. The less people you have, the less $ you take in. At some point the QQers will be left without anyone to complain to when they shut down the servers.
Just to set the record straight. There wasnt anyone QQing over this. It was an EXPLOIT that cryptic fixed. Ill admit, i used it myself. I knew it would not last forever, it couldnt because it was simply an exploit. I can fully understand why it has been taken away.

I do feel the reward should be used for spotlighted missions, and have to do only 1 every 20hrs.
Captain
# 278
11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
People keep using the word "exploit" like it's a cardinal sin that should end all discussion.

The reality of the situation is that it was the will of the market, the customer base, reflected in playing habits. It is a sign that the game has been made into too much of a resource grind. The true problem was not the use of the "exploit," but the crushing grind that drove people to it in the first place.

And no, the net result is not going to be more people paying real money for dilithium and giving the "legitimate" foundry missions another look. The result will be small fleets abandoning Base development projects and many people ignoring the foundry entirely until another "exploit" is found.

You can either continue to fight a losing battle against free will, or respond to the desires of your customer base.
Survivor of Romulus
# 279
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM
When I read that people say they have small fleet and this fix is screwing them, I wonder. Is anyone actually expecting to build up their starbase at the same pace that a fleet with ten times the number of members is ?

Granted, they took a looooonnnggg time to do something to prevent the one-click foundry abuse, but fixing something that wasn't intended from the start can't serously be seen as "screwing someone over".

I refused to do the clickies for a long time out of principle but have to admit that I weakened later on when I discovered that using those missions was something everyone was doing without hesitation.

My hope is that they succeed in making the Foundry rewards worthwhile, so that we as players can not only enjoy the hard work of dedicated authors but can at the same time work towards our goals ingame (be it gear or resources for bases etc.)

Klingon Helmsman: "Captain, we`re approaching our targets !"

Klingon Captain: "I said Quiet, you idiot ! Now you broke our cloak !"
Captain
# 280
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
People keep using the word "exploit" like it's a cardinal sin that should end all discussion.

The reality of the situation is that it was the will of the market, the customer base, reflected in playing habits. It is a sign that the game has been made into too much of a resource grind. The true problem was not the use of the "exploit," but the crushing grind that drove people to it in the first place.[/i]
I don't really buy the argument. Let's say that STO's system was entirely fair and reasonable according to whatever standards you have. But, let's say there was a npc at ESD who was just giving away 1440 dilithium, due to an exploit.

People would be standing at that npc 24/7 no matter how reasonable or unreasonable the grinding is. It's free stuff through an exploit. People would do it for the sole reason that it saved them a trip through sector space or something.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-09-2012 at 05:21 PM.