Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
11-09-2012, 05:30 AM
never had a problem with the map and dude Ive got a crappy dell spend more money on pc less on game

Oh, keep the map its the awesomeness
Koopa27 -X-treme
Career Officer
# 12
11-09-2012, 06:46 AM
This is my favorite map. I've never had any issues with it. It's beautiful. Nvidia cards rule!
Seven of Eleven
"live long enough to be assimilated, resistance is futile"
Commander
# 13
11-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilito8 View Post
This is my favorite map. I've never had any issues with it. It's beautiful. Nvidia cards rule!
I have a very nice NVIDIA card, a 40 MG dedicated line, and more than enough processing speed and RAM. No matter how well your card handles this map, I am sure it lags more than others. IMO a PvP map should have the minimum number of bells and whistles to allow the smoothest gameplay for all.

(note: I am only talking about the actual solar wind graphic dings. That graphic element alone probably uses more resources than the entire rest of the map. The actual map, minus the wind effect is gorgeous. Just the wind itself needs to go ((or be rendered in a way that is way easier to process)) IMO)

Last edited by glassguitar; 11-09-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Commander
# 14
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naffoffpwe View Post
We have far too few maps to play on as it is already, so I would not support removing Solar Wind, unless there were a few new maps coming to replace it.
We def need a LOT more maps, and more scenario types for those maps. The maps should be simple maps though as far as resource demands go, to enable the players with less than uber systems to go in and have good gameplay.

Important to note that in multi player zones the overall lag can be affected by a lot of things including the lag from other players underpowered system trying to deal with a resource intensive map. How much this affect the STO game engine I do not know. I know that in other games this has a strong enough effect that in one particular game I played, a player could intentionally join the battle with a dial up connection and cause anyone withing viewing range of them to lag as the client tried to update the location etc. of that persons toon.

Maybe I am getting really unlucky with the teams I wind up a part of on this map and that is contributing, I truly do not know, I just know when matches are starting on this map, I usually see at least three people complain about the lag.
Community Moderator
# 15
11-09-2012, 12:55 PM
So if we accept that Solar Wind is 'horrible' what would we replace it with? How would we put a new map in, with the current PVP mechanics, and make it more interesting than what's currently there?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Commander
# 16
11-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I couldn't care less about replacing it or getting a new map. Unless there are elements that can be used strategically it is just window dressing. That being the case, we don't need more than one. I don't know exactly why that map is the 1 of 3 that creates a problem for some but losing it no major loss.
# 17
11-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
So if we accept that Solar Wind is 'horrible' what would we replace it with? How would we put a new map in, with the current PVP mechanics, and make it more interesting than what's currently there?
How about a Fluidic Space map...?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
wait wtf........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry but i really love the map and i never get lag. just the normal ammount of lag on any map when u have 50 million pets on a screen.
Empire Veteran
# 19
11-09-2012, 05:40 PM
theres always some lag in every map for me, haven't noticed this being any worse. i don't even notice the moving background at all, all i can focus on is the ships flying around.

new C&H- the space map from the 'alpha' mission

new arena- the space map at the beginning of the last story line mission were you go into fluidic space with the diplomat. it had the rings of 2 planets combining, and just looked cool.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 20
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
new arena- the space map at the beginning of the last story line mission were you go into fluidic space with the diplomat. it had the rings of 2 planets combining, and just looked cool.
Yep, something along those lines would be pretty nifty.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin