Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Career Officer
# 11
11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by izdubar6 View Post
I can tell you now that 1.5 hours for 1440 dilithium is terrible ROI. They might as well remove the quest from the game.

Agreed.

Any investment of time beyond 15 minutes is well out of the bounds of what would be a good time vs. reward gained.

One of the problems for me is that I simply do not have the time to "take a chance" on some random mission (much less 3 of them) that may or may not be good, and may or may not take an inordinate amount of time to complete for 1440 dilithium.

Starfleet Veteran
# 12
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Noone is going to play a Foundry misson for no more than 15 min for 1440 dilithium when you can essentially do the same thing in a Fleet Action and get almost the same reward in less time it would take to run the Foundry after Season 7 so these very small minority pushing their agenda just to get people to play their missons are still going to be complaining cause noone wants to play the missons they dont want, I did my Investigate Officer Reports for quick dil and fleet marks which in this game is scarce since the payouts in Fleet Events are low even with the Event. This is a bad change thru and thru.
Commander
# 13
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerman1979 View Post
Noone is going to play a Foundry misson for no more than 15 min for 1440 dilithium when you can essentially do the same thing in a Fleet Action and get almost the same reward in less time
Don't generalize. I personally would rather spend an hour and a half in the Foundry doing Officer Reports than do fleet actions, even if the reward is the same. I only do fleet actions if my fleet is hard up for fleet marks; when we get new ones I'll probably run them a few times each and then go to only playing those when my fleet needs the marks.

Not everyone playing the game wants to make the most profit possible in the shortest time possible. Some of us just like to play the game and enjoy it.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Rihannsu
# 14
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Hmm... I've been having an issue with getting my stuff to actually publish properly.

But I added a review of your mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks.

What sort of publishing issue?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
11-09-2012, 07:13 PM
I have yet to play a "legitimate" Foundry mission that does not meet qualifications.

In other words, the click-one-console missions I've played are the only ones I've seen that wouldn't count. (I haven't played any that are just kill-one-guy, but those wouldn't count either.) This isn't to imply that combat is required--it's not.

Also, QA is investigating your reports that the Foundry missions have stopped granting the EC and XP and CXP.
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
I have yet to play a "legitimate" Foundry mission that does not meet qualifications.

In other words, the click-one-console missions I've played are the only ones I've seen that wouldn't count. (I haven't played any that are just kill-one-guy, but those wouldn't count either.) This isn't to imply that combat is required--it's not.

Also, QA is investigating your reports that the Foundry missions have stopped granting the EC and XP and CXP.
Good news ... I can live with the Nagus Dailies or similar ... small patrol type missions that are more than blowing up a single target without reason.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 18
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post

People tell me that a Foundry mission grants the XP and the CXP, but it grants it at soo low a level, than I have never noticed myself leveling while playing a Foundry mission. I figured that even trying to do so would be incredibly masochistic.

But, getting the XP has never happened "at the end" of a mission, does it? It happens as someone pews.

But ECs? I'm not sure where that idea even comes from, which is really weird to me.
I don't remember the foundry ever granting ECs. Does anyone? Am I just delusional? Or, are we talking about a daily wrapper that grants ECs, or at one time granted ECs?

Zero, you are still our "Foundry producer," yes? Please forgive me if that is incorrect, but it is kind of baffling if our "Foundry producer" doesn't know what a player gets for playing a Foundry mission. That is very strange to me.

That is probably a really dumb thing for me to say, since I didn't know that we got diplomacy XP for playing non-combat diplomacy missions.

It must be me who is mistaken here. Someone please correct me. There must have been some time between redshirt and now when the Foundry gave out ECs for mission completion.

It's all so baffling to me that I just don't understand what is going on here.

ECs - Energy credits, yes?

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Captain
# 19
11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I don't recall them ever giving out EC. Granted I have only played maybe 3 real missions and it has been awhile but that is a new one to me.

One additional question, would the breen dialog tree daily be considered an eligible foundry mission in this new system?

Last edited by bareel; 11-09-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
11-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
People tell me that a Foundry mission grants the XP and the CXP, but it grants it at soo low a level, than I have never noticed myself leveling while playing a Foundry mission. I figured that even trying to do so would be incredibly masochistic.

But, getting the XP has never happened "at the end" of a mission, does it? It happens as someone pews.

But ECs? I'm not sure where that idea even comes from, which is really weird to me.
I don't remember the foundry ever granting ECs. Does anyone? Am I just delusional? Or, are we talking about a daily wrapper that grants ECs, or at one time granted ECs?

Zero, you are still our "Foundry producer," yes? Please forgive me if that is incorrect, but it is kind of baffling if our "Foundry producer" doesn't know what a player gets for playing a Foundry mission. That is very strange to me.

That is probably a really dumb thing for me to say, since I didn't know that we got diplomacy XP for playing non-combat diplomacy missions.

It must be me who is mistaken here. Someone please correct me. There must have been some time between redshirt and now when the Foundry gave out ECs for mission completion.

It's all so baffling to me that I just don't understand what is going on here.

ECs - Energy credits, yes?
I'm seconding this request. I've never gotten anything at the end of a foundry mission other than a pop=up asking me to review the mission and/or give the author a tip. No XP, CXP, or EC.