Career Officer
# 31
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
Let me post a properly reply. Cryptic you are very quick turning this casual game into an Asian Grind Fest. You are making the game more and more hostile to casual player. You know the ones that you've said in the past that you want to attract? You remember, you know, the players?
That "Casual Player" comment was made waaaay back before F2P hit.

Even though I don't really want to accept it...,

It's damn obvious even to me, that I'm NOT the kind of player They are currently wooing.

Again, even though I've spent close to $3200 dollars on this game since it's launch.

I'm not saying that the expenditure was a waste, I just feel like it isn't really appreciated.

I guess I have to also accept that being a "Person who has played this game for a very long time"... actually has no meaning anymore...

Kinda sad really... that long term devotion has become of marginal value in modern society.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-10-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
11-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.15

General:
  • Updated the Embassy System:
    • Updated the description of the Diplomacy Tier 2 Unlock.
    • The Inter-Fleet Shuttle project now properly unlocks at Tier 2 Embassy.
    • All Embassy Tier Unlocks have had their descriptions updated.
  • Romulan Reputation Ability Points now have an icon.
  • Corrected a typo in Romulan Plasma Torpedo project.
  • Removed references to "Adapted Omega" from the Omega system Tier 5 Tier-Up Unlock description.
    • There is no Adapted Omega, only MACO and Honor Guard.
  • Resolved an issue that caused all Foundry missions to display as unqualified for the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission.
  • Added menu options to access your ship and shuttle interiors individually.
    [*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
  • All Embassy and Reputation item rewards should now be Bind on Pickup, with a few, very rare exceptions.
  • The Epohh research Duty Officer mission now correctly rewards 3 Epohh research on critical success.
  • Existing Reman datalogs have been converted into Romulan Marks.
    • The conversion rate is 5 marks to 1 datalog.
Just keep screwing us and watch your user base leave... Instead of giving us less ways to earn dili, why not listen to what we have asked for numerous times and give us some more ways and raise the cap. Try a different approach and do something useful for a change...
Career Officer
# 33
11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Seriously I know that I don't go to B'tran and grind away dilithium. But really. Are you trying to kill your subscriber base? I'm a lifetime member and have been with the game over 1000 Days yes I beta'd the game. The new changes and the way the silver tounged devil puts them are rediculous. Thinking after 3 years may be time to turn in my combadge.
VA Travis@Iborg316
Archangel
Astral Coalition
Captain
# 34
11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
All I can say is that my biggest fears were unfounded - I thought there would be little new entertainment for me in Season 7 - but the way this is going - i'm just going to hang out here on the forums - it's going to be a real barn burner!
Rihannsu
# 35
11-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Oh I simply cannot wait until Stahl comes with Season 7 and proudly proclaims with Season 7 they added more ways to acquire Dilithium ... despite the fact we get LESS on the existing ones, have some REMOVED and of course it will now take a significant amount of time that is beyond the casual players that apparently are the majority of the game to acquire the amounts they USED to gain.

... Yes, I am QUITE sure you people are looking into raising the Dilithium limit ... and cut in half the current output along with it ...

Welcome to Season 7 folks, even more grind.
Well Stahl reminds me a lot of Garak and his "unique" relationship with the truth.
Lieutenant
# 36
11-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I haven't really considered it until now, but maybe I should join the great Exodus to the similarly-themed science fiction game of the same genre that happens to be going F2P.

I want to support STO. It is a great game with great potential. If the reputation system doesn't give us some great ways to get Dilithium, though, then the ways to make money in-game are just being ruined.

Please, please don't go any further.

Just counting on the Dilithium exchange projects in the Omega reputation to give us plenty of Dilithium, maybe this was just a change made for balance, and we are over-reacting and not knowing much.
Career Officer
# 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
All I can say is that my biggest fears were unfounded - I thought there would be little new entertainment for me in Season 7 - but the way this is going - i'm just going to hang out here on the forums - it's going to be a real barn burner!
Go ahead....,

Yuck it up...,

You may end up being the only one to answer your own posts after a while.
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
Captain
# 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Hold your horses - better go back and put /sarcasm

However - and I am taking a wild guess - could be completely off base - complete conspiracy theory stuff - but I think they have a plan to drive people to buy more Zen

Yes i know it sounds crazy - i'll go get my meds now.
I'm not being sarcastic. That's exactly how I feel at the moment.
Career Officer
# 39
So I'm guessing they really wanna force people to buy zen and not just grind it cause now its gonna take that much longer. Seems all the stuff that people posted for grinding dili has been addressed and removed or heavily nerfed. Happy to say I didn't pay a penny for the Zen I'm getting the Vesta with, all ground out over the last month.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?

Last edited by trhrangerxml; 11-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 40
11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcatman View Post
I haven't really considered it until now, but maybe I should join the great Exodus to the similarly-themed science fiction game of the same genre that happens to be going F2P.

I want to support STO. It is a great game with great potential. If the reputation system doesn't give us some great ways to get Dilithium, though, then the ways to make money in-game are just being ruined.

Please, please don't go any further.

Just counting on the Dilithium exchange projects in the Omega reputation to give us plenty of Dilithium, maybe this was just a change made for balance, and we are over-reacting and not knowing much.
Unfortunately..., TOR's F2P..., is even costlier then STO's...

The Western on-line gaming industry has seen the light of the Eastern(Chinese) one and apparently feels that western players are just as gullible and have simple enough minds to dump gobs of money into the same type of games.

Maybe I'm outta touch, but I certainly won't be as foolish from now on.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-09-2012 at 10:29 PM.