Captain
# 11
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Why not bring back the old good C-Store ship sale?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Republic Veteran
# 12
11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
UPDATE! Due to the US holiday on Thursday 11/22, the promotion actually ends the morning (PDT) of 11/21. Full details can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=744921

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Awwww, I wanted to eat Turkey, and open stuff

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Captain
# 13
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Cannot be selling very many if you keep having to push them
Word.
I want this ship so bad I can taste it, but at the win rate of the timeship I won't buy these packs, and suck lemons to kill the taste.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 14
11-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
No I guess it did make more than they hoped. That's why it's extended. Otherwise this would not make sense.
Unless they have a minimum quota on each promotion, and that's the reason for the seemingly random release schedule on new lottery boxes.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 15
11-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Unless they have a minimum quota on each promotion, and that's the reason for the seemingly random release schedule on new lottery boxes.
What did you mean sorry.
Captain
# 16
11-09-2012, 10:55 PM
We can speculate all we want about this , as it could be that they have not sold enough or that they are selling more than enough (doff packs) and want to sell some more , the fact is that the only extended "sale" in recent memory was for the lock box for the D'Kora .

Now the status of the D'kora is pretty much this : anyone who wanted one got one (off the exchange) .
This is not the status of the Bug ship , nor do I see it coming to such a status any time soon .
Is that because of the drop rates ?
Player greed for EC ?
Whatever .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Commander
# 17
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Must have had people burying their hands in their pockets for a chance at the Attack Ship.
Lieutenant
# 18 so sad....
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Exploitation of Skinner-Box techniques and pseudo-gambling lockboxes for real cash is all sorts of shady. No clue how Cryptic gets away with this in the US's strict anti-gambling laws (outside of Nevada) but w/e. Oh, and the game is open to anyone 13 years of age or older. So not only promotion of blatant gambling but also doing so to MINORS!?

Cryptic must be either desperate or have a death wish to be desecrated by rabid US politicians with an axe to grind (repeating the 'games are evil!' refrain).

The droprates in any of these boxes for anything decent is well below 5%, with the best prizes being close to 0.5% or less according to the STO wiki.
Career Officer
# 19
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artfulmerkage View Post
Must have had people burying their hands in their pockets for a chance at the Attack Ship.
I spent $28 bucks plus this months stipend before I got one.

Funny thing, it was the last two LB's that I tried, that got me the BUG and the Time Ship.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 20
11-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by endafresh View Post
Exploitation of Skinner-Box techniques and pseudo-gambling lockboxes for real cash is all sorts of shady. No clue how Cryptic gets away with this in the US's strict anti-gambling laws (outside of Nevada) but w/e. Oh, and the game is open to anyone 13 years of age or older. So not only promotion of blatant gambling but also doing so to MINORS!?

Cryptic must be either desperate or have a death wish to be desecrated by rabid US politicians with an axe to grind (repeating the 'games are evil!' refrain).

The droprates in any of these boxes for anything decent is well below 5%, with the best prizes being close to 0.5% or less according to the STO wiki.
Been said before by many and nothing has ever happened.

As for the odds, they will never reveal despite us the players working it out to being less than 1% chance of getting said ship