# 1 Fleet v MACO?
11-10-2012, 03:27 AM
I want to be good at this game, and so do many other people
So
Which is better (for space)
MACO Space XI
Fleet set (Fleet engines etc)

My ship is the odyssey.

Notes Fleet "set" does not have those additional set bonuses, like Heavy Graviton beam. So which do I get / keep?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 11-10-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Lieutenant
# 2
11-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
So
MACO Space XI

My ship is the odyssey.

Notes Fleet "set" does not have those additional set bonuses, like Heavy Graviton beam. So which do I get / keep?
Better for what? Tanking or DPS? If it's DPS your after which is needed for Elite Stfs I'd use two pieces of omega the deflector and engines with the maco shield . That way (if your specced into flow capacitors) you can strip shields on all sides of an enemy with every beam attack. Also the omega has a bonus to accurasy which increases your chance to hit and when maxed out adds to your crit chance instead
Captain
# 3
11-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Fleet Engines [Turn x3] are the best turn Rate Modifier in the game, particularly for the slower to turn ships like the Oddy. Omega comes a close second.

Depends on what you want from the 'set' though.

If you want to Tank in your Oddy, I strongly recommend the Aegis Set for that with the reactive shielding.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-12-2012, 10:17 AM
The Oddy is for
PvP , and PvE
Does that help?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 5
11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
i do not consider myself an expert, but imho, you are better off with maco, borg or omega over fleet. mk xII would be best. i even think the aegis set is better overall than fleet.

with season 7 coming who knows what will shake out. we all know the 3 piece borg/maco set up has been nerfed. i am going into s7 with "pure" sets, no mixing, until i see how it is all working. mostly borg and maco 12
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
i do not consider myself an expert, but imho, you are better off with maco, borg or omega over fleet. mk xII would be best. i even think the aegis set is better overall than fleet.

with season 7 coming who knows what will shake out. we all know the 3 piece borg/maco set up has been nerfed. i am going into s7 with "pure" sets, no mixing, until i see how it is all working. mostly borg and maco 12
Ah my fleet mate, I have been using space fleet gear for quite some time on my Fed:Tac. I have spent over a half a million FC's on gear testing on my FPE for PVE/Fleets and I like them together much better than any set so far with the exception of the Omega space set when used with the tetryons even though it is a bit squishy, the set procs are nice. I only wish we were online ATM so I could give specifics on which pieces I have.

I have tested the space fleet gear vs. STF/Aegis sets using the log parser on every single mission I run and I get better performance (dps and survivability/healing) with fleet gear. I have also tested fleet AP space weapons ([Acc] and [CrtH] varieties) and get much better dps than the [borg]MkXII with the Fleet AP [Acc] in both STFs and Fleet runs.

Results could be different for all of us I guess depending on character traits/skills/powers we run with but as for me, the fleet gear purchased was well worth the cost with one caveat and irritation: with all the dilithium and FCs invested in fleet gear, you'd think there would be unique visuals but there isn't. I would hope this changes but I am not optimistic.

See ya on Starbase Eden!
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star... to steer her by." You... You could feel the wind at your back in those days. The sounds of the sea... beneath you, and even if you take away the wind and the water... it's still the same. The ship is yours. You can feel her. And the stars are still there, Bones. ~ James T. Kirk | Imgur

Captain
# 7
11-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
So
MACO Space XI

My ship is the odyssey.

MACO easily

More particularly the following:-
Borg deflector
Borg engines
MACO shield

The MACO shield is the best for feds, with the Borg 2-piece set giving you a hull heal proc.

Or perhaps (not so sure about this one):-
MACO deflector
Elite Fleet Hyper or combat impulse engines
MACO shield

The MACO 2-piece will decrease cooldowns slightly and up power transfer rates. The elite (not advanced) fleet impulse engines will give bonus power to certain subsystems.

Either way you don't want to go 3-piece MACO set, since the 3-piece set bonus is pretty poor and the engines aren't all that remarkable.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse