Career Officer
# 21
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I want people who appreciate story, for whom entertaining playtime is its own reward, and people who are mostly like that but who just need a little bit of a carrot to lean them that way. I hope this is progress toward getting those people.
imho that carrot needs to be a whole lot bigger.

i said it in the other thread i will say it here

@Cryptic: Foundry REPUTATION SYSTEM with Season 8 With real rewards! Make it so!
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-09-2012, 07:20 PM
I have a question for you, BranFlakes. If the Spotlight missions will be getting custom rewards tailored to each specific Spotlight mission, would the original author(s) be able to discuss with Cryptic just what kinds of rewards those would be?

There is another, similar question that I wish to ask you in regards to Spotlight missions, as well. If a mission is spotlighted, would it be possible for an author to discuss with Cryptic inclusion of features that go beyond the limits of the Foundry but would be available with Cryptic's toolset, such as custom mini/full bosses?

EDIT: Well, this post was completely moot. Looks like the Spotlight missions only get the regular awards that Foundry missions over in Neverwinter will be getting. They probably won't even get an upgrade to continue to give out special rewards (like the Featured Episodes, hint hint) if Cryptic ever ports over the Neverwinter Foundry tech. Including any extra features is right out. Too bad, it would have been cool to give authors of Spotlight missions unique rewards beyond what would normally be given out if the Neverwinter Foundry reward system is ever ported over here.

Last edited by theoryfive; 11-09-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Captain
# 23
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I have a question:

If a spotlit mission is no longer editable, does that mean we'll never be able to "remaster" it using new Foundry technologies?
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
11-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

If a spotlit mission is no longer editable, does that mean we'll never be able to "remaster" it using new Foundry technologies?
Apparently not. Hopefully that can be discussed, at least.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 25
11-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

I'm not sure about "never", but at this time it seems that it would no longer be editable if it's submitted for featuring.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 26
11-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'm not sure about "never", but at this time it seems that it would no longer be editable if it's submitted for featuring.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Isn't that somewhat limited? Many of the spotlights have evolved over time even after they were spotlighted, with or without season releases. I do understand that they shouldn't be seriously damaged (like removing most of the mission to make it just barely qualify for the daily), but removing the ability to remaster stuff?

Just because you guys never got around to remastering most of your missions doesn't mean we won't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
11-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Very interesting answer there, BranFlakes. Glad to hear it's better than "never", at least.

Still disappointed that the spotlight missions will only be getting the equivalent of regular rewards going by Neverwinter's Foundry, though. Would it be possible at all to give them special rewards if the reward tech from Neverwinter is ever ported over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Isn't that somewhat limited? Many of the spotlights have evolved over time even after they were spotlighted, with or without season releases. I do understand that they shouldn't be seriously damaged (like removing most of the mission to make it just barely qualify for the daily), but removing the ability to remaster stuff?

Just because you guys never got around to remastering most of your missions doesn't mean we won't.
Very true.
Career Officer
# 28
11-10-2012, 05:57 AM
I think it's great this change is being made, but why even keep the "Investigate Officer Reports" daily at all? Why not make it so individual Foundry missions give the EXP and rewards regardless of the daily?

There are some major problems with the daily:
  • Why do you need to play three missions to get rewards, rather than one? Most Cryptic missions are not longer than 30 minutes and they give you rewards. On average, I don't think most Foundry missions are less than 30 minutes, so why are we being so heavily penalized?
  • Why should players not be able to get experience and rewards for playing more than 3 Foundry missions per day? Why is there this artificial limit gating rewards for Foundry missions. If someone wants to play 10 or more Foundry missions in a day, why not let them get rewarded for it?
  • The daily still favors shorter missions over longer ones. Clicky vs legitimate mission is just one aspect of that disparity, not the only one. We really need exp and rewards to reflect the length of the mission as per NWN.

This is a step in the right direction, but it's only a small step. I hope it's just the first of many improvements to the reward structure for Foundry missions.

The other thing is, giving up the ability to edit is a pretty big price, in my opinion. It means that if you play through and notice a problem, even something as minor as a typo, you can't fix it. Especially with Foundry improvements coming along, I'd be very hesitant to give up the ability to improve mission in the future.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 29
11-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I think it's great this change is being made, but why even keep the "Investigate Officer Reports" daily at all? Why not make it so individual Foundry missions give the EXP and rewards regardless of the daily?

There are some major problems with the daily:
  • Why do you need to play three missions to get rewards, rather than one? Most Cryptic missions are not longer than 30 minutes and they give you rewards. On average, I don't think most Foundry missions are less than 30 minutes, so why are we being so heavily penalized?
  • Why should players not be able to get experience and rewards for playing more than 3 Foundry missions per day? Why is there this artificial limit gating rewards for Foundry missions. If someone wants to play 10 or more Foundry missions in a day, why not let them get rewarded for it?
  • The daily still favors shorter missions over longer ones. Clicky vs legitimate mission is just one aspect of that disparity, not the only one. We really need exp and rewards to reflect the length of the mission as per NWN.

This is a step in the right direction, but it's only a small step. I hope it's just the first of many improvements to the reward structure for Foundry missions.

The other thing is, giving up the ability to edit is a pretty big price, in my opinion. It means that if you play through and notice a problem, even something as minor as a typo, you can't fix it. Especially with Foundry improvements coming along, I'd be very hesitant to give up the ability to improve mission in the future.
I agree, which is why I suggested the change of the daily to only use one mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 30
11-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I agree, which is why I suggested the change of the daily to only use one mission.
I agree with you. About change the daily. Missions it will be a good idea as well.