Captain
# 21
11-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I think they're waiting to see if no one complains about it and then do nothing at all if they can.

I like Borticus saying he knew it wasn't working well and admitting the dev team did nothing for months at least, so it's unlikely this policy of "don't do it if you can" changes.
not sure this is true,

The Cloak bug was complained about,
The Transporter officer on Qonos mixing up destinations IS being complained about
The T4 Maurading Boff-non costume is being complained about

And none of this have yet been fixed, one has even been called 'working as planned'

then again this would bring the old kdf hate cry ^^

basically even if things get complained about... dont hold your hopes up. Its sad really
Career Officer
# 22
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I think we're all raged out, and the dev replies have slowed down quite a bit as we get closer to S7.

Unfortunately there are just too many things that are really not in the state they should be in, and I'm actually a little burnt out hoping even half of them will get changed - which they most likely won't.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 11-09-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Captain
# 23
11-09-2012, 09:02 PM
The best part is the 'fix' is a simple text edit.

[Borg] 1,000 damage against TRUE(ORIGINAL/OTHER) Borg

Bam, working as intended and described. Donotra, Raptors, etc are not true/original borg they are assimilated ships and the weapon is not supposed to proc against them anyway and the devs can tell us to go pound salt. Whatever that means.
Captain
# 24
11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Well in all fairness they did change the dil policy from the reputation system !

I think it's also a question of what can we live with versus spending resources adding to the game.

But I will agree the cloak bug made me not care about having a cloak at all and the whole watered down kling side is sort of its own worst enemy.
I didn't realize it until I rolled a kling and decided I wanted a new outfit and went on the c-store

At the end of the day people were still able to beat stf so it's not like game breaking an I think that's the things that get priority
Ensign
# 25
11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
So if they are removing {Borg} weapons cause the npc's aren't flagged correctly as Borg.
Then what about Dlyrene does he not work right either then?
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-10-2012, 05:41 AM
lets just face it they work on they greed and not what needs fixin they just see us as cash points holes in the wall they don't really care about us just money...
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyman View Post
lets just face it they work on they greed and not what needs fixin they just see us as cash points holes in the wall they don't really care about us just money...
Your Tag say "Can't make a living off greed"

I wish that were true.. but appantly you most certainly can if you got a willing bunch of customers (read as marks, shills etc) who keep having faith that you will one day grock the idea and redem your wicked ways. Truthfully, happens all the time...Fact of the matter is, corporations count on it..

As for the [Borg] weps.. They always worked as intended as near as I've ever been able to tell.. I most certainly have noticed the differences when I DON'T have them equipped. The cloak bug is a bit more frustrating then when the [Borg] proc doesn't proc. It really to the point where as slow as I am on the keyboard anyway I just really don't even bother with cloaking other then on the approch to target. And then only in PvP. In PvE the AI tends to react as programmed when you cross a thresh hold at a set distance, or with in a certain area. Against a powerfull AI cloak is useless because if you get poped under cloak in most cases your crippled, or dead and either way unable to return fire untill the cloak effect passes... On the other hand if you had shields under cloak it might actually be usefull, but other then the limited effect of surprise..its pretty useless really. Honestly.. I've really never understood Fed player reactions to cloak.. Theres just to damd many ways for the cloak to be violated, nulified, and rendered useless.. to the point its more of a liability then an asset. One day in a PvP match against a group of fed SCI ship players brought that home to me with a passion.. Sci AOE's love to nibble on your KDF ships hull under cloak, void the cloak, and leave you unable to return fire for a small about of time..... Cloak is really not that much of an adavantage, and only BOP's and the vet rewards destryer have Battle cloak.. and the one ship that CAN fire under cloak can only fire torps..and has the weakest hull rating of any tier 5 ship in the game (and most tier 3's for that matter) Only absolute experts (with a healthy levening of luck) need apply if your going to use THAT ship in PvP.

There is one undocumented way of mtigating the worst of the cloak bug if anyone interested..go to your setting and shut off/eliminate NPC messages off! ((I don't recall the exact setting but it is there!)) This wont effect mission dialog, but it will eliminate incidental dialog from causing it. Players with good situational awareness don't need the incedental dialogs, and those that don't have it.. well.. it won't help them anyway, so from a purely gaming standpoint just shut the silly stuff off. It'll improve game performance too by eliminating calls that take CPU and VDU and in some cases audio processor cycles for players on low spec machines.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 11-10-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Captain
# 28
11-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
What it comes down to is this.
"Nerf the old gear, and make the vet STFers grind for the(New, and Improved) gear."
For a price.
Huh?

Your old Borg weapons will still work as they do now. I've been using mine in STFs and seen them proccing as normal.

If this is a dig at the Borg set nerf, then that was something that's been needed ever since it came out. In fact that set needs a much bigger nerf then it got.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
If this is a dig at the Borg set nerf, then that was something that's been needed ever since it came out. In fact that set needs a much bigger nerf then it got.
And why is that? Since most of us used the Borg/MACO combo against NPC's why does it tickle you so much to see it screwed up? Also, let's not forget the FACT that the combo was freely available to ANYONE who wanted to use it.

Try thinking things out before you post tripe like this.