Career Officer
# 101
11-10-2012, 09:29 AM
For the love of... ok, look. Make Dilithium cap account-wide. INCREASE the Dilithium-per-hour. I'm assuming you're trying to get a grip on slowing the super-grinders and hoarders, but you're punishing the casual players here and SERIOUSLY turning this game into a grind-fest.

Take it one step further - anything that offers Dilithium, offer a choice - Dilithium or Fleet Marks. Anything that offers reputation marks, offer another choice: Dilithium or rep Marks or Fleet marks. Anything that offers Fleet Marks, make the choice between Dilithium or FM.

Our time is rewarded in any of these 3 ways, why are your forcing us to grind our heads off to get the reward we want?
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Starfleet Veteran
# 102
11-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Oh Cryptic, whats wrong with you?

Seems like someone is pulling really bad Ideas out of his Hat.

Thanks of nearly 3 Years of STO, Thanks for the Time and all the Work.
No Thanks to Gindfest and breaking ervery Funpart.
WoD is launching soon (TM) so farewell.
Career Officer
# 103
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
For the love of... ok, look. Make Dilithium cap account-wide. INCREASE the Dilithium-per-hour. I'm assuming you're trying to get a grip on slowing the super-grinders and hoarders, but you're punishing the casual players here and SERIOUSLY turning this game into a grind-fest.

Take it one step further - anything that offers Dilithium, offer a choice - Dilithium or Fleet Marks. Anything that offers reputation marks, offer another choice: Dilithium or rep Marks or Fleet marks. Anything that offers Fleet Marks, make the choice between Dilithium or FM.

Our time is rewarded in any of these 3 ways, why are your forcing us to grind our heads off to get the reward we want?
Thats a good idea..allowing more choices. The officer report mission offers a dumb choice - dilithium or leveled item? lmao wonder what i should take. But if they offered other choices that were worthwhile..like the reputation marks... well..that probably go a long way to stopping the exploiters
Lieutenant
# 104
11-10-2012, 09:35 AM
All of these posts, I only saw a single positive upbeat one... Cryptic made a big boo-boo here...
Career Officer
# 105
11-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I will sacrifice my time to my fleet if I have to, I will Whale my way through Dilithium solely for my starbase if I must, but I need to have a choice somewhere. I need to see the reward I want, and that reward is purely Fleet Marks if only so my Fleet can continue to enjoy this game.

I just went from 50 days of clicks to 300 days of "content" if I alone am carrying the SB3 and Tailor upgrades we are currently set on.

EDIT: oh wait... is this so you can distract me from the fact that this will be a second Season without a story arc??
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Well, all I can say on the B'Tran change: So much for the exploration side of Star Trek Online. Fun while it lasted.

No, not really, it was boring as hell and uninspired. At least I don't have to fly out to the Borg sector block any more.
Rihannsu
# 107 Disappointed
11-10-2012, 09:57 AM
You know, I've been pretty optimistic about season 7 up until now. I like a lot of the new content and the dilithium structure changes didn't both me.

The reason they didn't bother me was this:

While the new costs were high, I noted that with the mission structure as it exists now I bring in a comfortable amount of dilithium thanks to the "baseline" of easily repeatable missions I can run with my alts.

I assumed that the cost structures put in place for S7 were also based on this assumption.

Then you chose to nerf the console clickers. I was skeptical of this because of its potential impact on my revenue stream. I work full time and go to school full time and I don't have time to spend hours on end running dailies. My preferred gaming style is to go through my alts an spend about an hour at most harvesting dilithium, then spend the rest of my time online actually having fun playing with my fleet.

Still, I accepted that the console clickers were a subversion of the intended playstyle and accepted that I would have to shift my dilithium harvest focus to KDF contraband doffing and on the Fed side the B'tran.

So I'm sure you can imagine my feelings when I read today's announcement. Wasn't the whole point of the B'Tran bonus reward to incentivize us to play in the vice-admiral ranked instance instead of the [easier] normal version? Moreover, isn't the double reward for this supposed to compensate the Feds for the absence of high-revenue content like Path of the Warrior?

This strikes me as a poorly thought out decision, or perhaps a knee-jerk reaction to pressure to reduce mission dilithium costs. Maybe it is both of those things. Either way, I am deeply disappointed.

I'm not disappointed for reasons of personal greed, either. Every grain of dilithium I refine goes to my fleet. I'm in a small fleet, and the cumulative impact of these market changes is going to dramatically impact our revenue stream. Hopefully we can bridge the gap with recruiting, but that's an uncertainty factor that I would rather not have to worry about.

I hope that in the few days remaining before Season 7 launches you seriously reconsider the decision to remove dilithium from Chart the B'Tran.
Career Officer
# 108
11-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
  • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
Of all the dumb and idiotic changes made in Season 7, this is the most disappointing and most baffling.

Why not double the dilithium reward for Strange New Worlds? Or give each exploration cluster it's own daily that rewards 480 dilithium? Just what the hell are you people smoking over there? Stop making moronic changes like this unless you have a valid and reasonable explanation.

I'm waiting...
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Career Officer
# 109
11-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.15
[list][*]Added menu options to access your ship and shuttle interiors individually.[*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
Congratulations, you have now effectively killed Exploration. Why not just remove all the exploration systems as the only reason people are going to them now was to do that mission pair and the DOFF colonial Chains.
  • There is no reason to go there for anomalies because you decimated crafting.
  • There is no reason to go to the lower tier ones as a higher rank because they give no rewards.
  • Now there is no reason to go to B'Tran.
What you will now have is everyone going to Delta Volanis to do the Strange New Worlds once a day. Congratulations on providing an effective means for people to use a system you put in game at a cost. Your lack of support for this is astounding and with each update it becomes more and more apparent to the playerbase that Crytpic does not know how to run an MMO.

Seriously, if you guys are not going to make dilithium a true time-based currency (which you are moving even farther from) you have just messed the entire balance of your:
  • Dilithium Store
  • Starbase System
  • Personal Advancement System
  • Dilithium Exchange
Why you ask, well all the data mining you guys did to "balance" these systems is now invalid because that was done when players could: do the console clicky, exchange DOFFs for a higher dilithium return, turned in STF gear for dilithium, got haigher rates of dilithium return for running STFs, did the exploration dailies.

Who the heck is making these calls?

I do hope that season 7 will not come on the 13th and you will still be putting in:
  • Many new avenues to accumulate dilithium for our time spent in game to balance the removals
  • All current dilithium costs will be drastically reduced (although it will be a waste of time to have removed avenues for accruing dilithium and then also reducing the costs)
  • The additional Fleet Events that were promised (these same ones over and over are getting stale).
  • The additional support to the DOFF system we were promised (a.k.a. like the Cardiassian Sector missions for the Romulan Sectors).

I am almost to the point where I wish you would stop developing this game because you constantly make decisions that disenfranchise more and more of the playerbase. You basically ruin your Seasons with these last minute "development riders." The problem is that dilithium IS NOT a time based currency.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 11-10-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Captain
# 110
11-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Im trying to figure out the effect on all this dilithium gathering nerfs in terms of exchanging zen points.. (economics was never my strong suit)

Less dilithium around = zen value decreased?

Or is it increased?

at the moment its like 157dil:1Zen, less dilithium about means people are going to exchange their zen for less dilithium, to snap up silly fleet items and to feed fleet/reputation/embassy rubbish?

So when people buy zen, they get 'less' when there is less dilithum about? So people have to buy more ZEN with REAL money, to get more dilithium?

Please! I need a mathematician! or someone with half a brain! >.<