Career Officer
# 1 Better Bundles
11-10-2012, 10:06 AM
When I saw the Original Series Bunble, I thought it was the coolest thing in STO. I already had the TOS Enterprise from my Gamestop pre-order, but I didn't have anything else from TOS. This pack came with just about everything. All of the uniforms, the unique bridge, the shuttlecraft, and even the scaled TOS phaser. It was awesome, and I can't wait until I have enough money to buy it.

Then the DS9 pack came out. I loved it just as much, with the brand new shuttle, uniform, off-duty robes, bridge, duty officers, and Bajoran weapons. It was great to see the Defiant Class bridge be put into the game with unique crew quarters and engineering decks as well as the bridge, just like the TOS one did.

And then there's the Enterprise pack... This one is extremely underwelming. It doesn't include anything from Enterprise that is unique, it is simply a way to buy the NX ship and all the uniforms at once with a discount. Where's the NX Enterprise bridge? Where's the NX era phaser rifle and pistol? Those are awesome looking weapons! Where's the Enterprise M.A.C.O. uniforms? Those camo uniforms with the M.A.C.O. patch and insignia, maybe some new rank patches, would be amazing if they were put into the game.

I hope more bundles like the TOS and DS9 ones are eventually added, and I hope for a revamped Enterprise one as well. I, for one, loved Enterprise, and I would like to see some more unique items added to that bundle.

Maybe a bundle from the Mirror Universe, or TNG, or even Voyager. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes these bundles, and would like to see more of them in the future.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I know Cryptic have mentioned that there is a Voyager pack planned in the future sometime, but I'm not really fussed on anything from Voyager. I would however, spend lots of Zen on a TNG bundle... an accurate bridge, ready room, conference room, engineering, ten forward....... pure epicness. Have a TNG shuttle craft, the funky looking one and TNG phaser rifles. Perhaps include the TNG Season 1 uniforms too.... I would happily pay for that!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
The desire for more bundles and just plain out more for the ship interiors has been tossed around for a long time now. Being able to really freely customize our ships inside and out is something greatly lacking in this game, and they know this as much as we do.

With the development of the Neverwinter game, there is some new tech they are creating for that game, and we've been told that will eventually be rolled out into STO. This is supposed to be giving us the customization and functionality we all want for the ship interiors. No clue when/if this is actually going to happen, but that may be the reason why they haven't brought in new bundles or interiors yet.
Commander
# 4
11-12-2012, 08:28 AM
I just wish they'd get off of the whole "We have to make interiors twice as big as they should be, because it doesn't look right if we don't" crap. I mean seriously, every other game out there can make interiors look correct with a correct size without 40ft tall vaulted ceilings on your bridge, and a width you could park a bird of prey in. Why can't they?

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
I just wish they'd get off of the whole "We have to make interiors twice as big as they should be, because it doesn't look right if we don't" crap. I mean seriously, every other game out there can make interiors look correct with a correct size without 40ft tall vaulted ceilings on your bridge, and a width you could park a bird of prey in. Why can't they?

Before the Starbase, all Fleet events would be held on bridges in my Fleet. I don't mind the size at all, just some of the decorating is atrocious. It was nice to actually have customizations in this game, the only true thing that keeps me playing. You take any customizations out of this game, I promise you people will leave.

As for the topic, I love the bundles and I agree some of them were lacking.