Survivor of Romulus
# 111
11-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Do you remember the famous Battlestar Galactica scene where Adama and Caine square off? ... I beginning to see a different take on it.

Players: DStahl has not given us the dilithium resources that he promised he would, and has sentenced existing methods to death.

[Players to DStahl] You told us we'd have ways to get more. What kind of chance do we possibly have now?

DStahl: I assure you I heard you out. I weighed your statements against those of the Devs and I took into consideration your game play records and commendations. It was a difficult decision Captain, but I dare say it was a fair one.

Players: We have the right to have their case heard by a jury!

DStahl: I am a flag officer on detached service during a time of war. Regulations give me broad authority in this matter.

Players: [among themselves] Launch the fighters.

[to DStahl]

Players: You can quote me whatever regulation you'd like. I'm not going to let you execute my dilithium reserves!

DStahl: I highly suggest you reconsider that statement, Captain.

BranFlakes: Admiral, players launching Vipers and Raptors.

DStahl: Captains, why are you launching Vipers?

Players: Please arrange for dilithium procurement methods to be put back they way they were as soon as Season 7 arrives.

DStahl: I don't take orders from you!

Players: Call it whatever you like. We're getting our dilithium.

DStahl: You are making *such* a mistake!

Players: We're getting our dilithium!

[hangs up]

DStahl: Action stations.

[Alarm sounds]

Branflakes: Admiral, this will spiral out of control fast.

DStahl: Launch the alert vipers. The Players have taken us over the line. They've left me with no choice. Launch the alert vipers.

And the point of it all in a message to the devs .... "this will spiral out of control fast."
Holy cow. I just love the creativity on this forum.
Survivor of Romulus
# 112
11-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I think the only appropriate response to this is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZ7Aod0Yq8
Sorry for all the quotes, but so many redirects and quotes in this thread are awesome. Love memes!
Survivor of Romulus
# 113
11-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnblade View Post
Yeah, obviously players can earn too much dilithium in one day. It's not like there's an arbitrary cap on the amount that can be refined per day, say 8000. And it's not like every single means of earning dilithium has some sort of cool down timer ranging anywhere from one hour to twenty. And it's not like it would take days to save up for the stuff that's for sale in the dilithium store. Nope, far too easy for players to earn a lot of dilithium and dump it all into making their ships better and having fun and buying stuff from the Z-store and-and-and-and-

*post cut short due to sarcasm overload*
Thank You. You're awesome.

/NOT sarcasm
Captain
# 114
11-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker8me View Post
I have 4 mains, Fed- Tac/Sci/Eng and Kling- Tac. All of my 16 alts are Klings and there is an easy way to circumvent the removal of the 1440 officer reports quickie mission.

In fact, the time difference is pretty much a wash since anybody using Klingon alts at the Academy is usually doing DOFF related chores that are going to be gone with S7.

If Cryptic's intent was to slow down players/power farmers from generating dilithium quickly then this update is not going to accomplish much except create an even bigger gap between hard-core & casual players.
Why do you think there have been 1000's of players rolling KDF toons since S6 launched - it is so much easier to exploit the systems in place on the KDF side. You are right - after this more and more will be flooding the KDF with it's MASSIVE dilthium grinding advantage -

But this is BAD NEWS for the KDF as it will be filled with more players that don't care about the KDF - Cryptic will look at the raw numbers and say "Hey KDF pop has gone up 25% - but KDF purchases have gone no-where - so I guess KDF is a bust - no use spending more money there.

This Is long-term BAD news for the KDF
Survivor of Romulus
# 115
11-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
The point is to kill STO

They can't just kill the game outright... no, no that could hurt their PR for Neverwinter, so what they are doing is slowly hurting the fun aspects of the game to drive people away from the game so that the diminished playerbase won't cause much of a noise when the games servers are re-purposed for the launch of neverwinter.

Think about it, since F2P just about everything has had some sort of cash shop aspect attached to it, then there's the mass C-store ships, the constant spamming of the lockboxes, the insane costs of fleet starbases designed to suck dilithium from players, the sale with lifetime accounts... over the past year the game has been a constant cash grab with very minimal money put back into the game for development. I reckon the profits they are pulling in have reached their peak and now since neverwinter is just around the corner they are starting to tighten the reins on the game to drive people away.

If you think like a corporate money mongering deviant my theory makes a lot of sense.
I thought that myself one crazy evening, but the CBS lawsuits alone makes this financially unfeasible as a strategy.
Survivor of Romulus
# 116
11-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
"There's a guy who likes to be hands-on with his work, and actively continues his education!"

...what can I say? The kid's an optimist.
Hey guy,

Regarding your signature, I get your Galaxy X comment with regards to it being a recruiting reward. I would not mind it still having a played time or smaller recruitment requirement still attached to it for a lower cost of dil to buy it, so that all players can "earn" it as you say.
Captain
# 117
11-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
I think the other funny side effect will be just how low the cost of zen for some dil will go. You just burned so much of the farming that was injecting the dil into the system with the report nerf, along with casuals, and the B'tran thing while at the same time removing more of it from the game with the rep grind along with the current fleet grind.

80 dil for zen in about 2 months at this rate. Good for me as I'm already geared up but bad for the true casual and cryptic's pocketbook I would wager.
Wait what? No! I want the market back in the Zen sellers favor, where it belongs. Ok, so if Dil becomes more scarce, it will demand more Zen. But I as a player refuse to sell zen into the economy even now at current rates, let alone if it drops worse. If players are thinking like me, Im only buying zen with my cash and only buying Z store items straight up. Ive never been tempted by lockboxes. So if Dil is scarce, but Zen sellers stand their ground, more players have to buy their goods themselves and rely less on the dil/ zen economy to play this game.

As someone willing to plug cash into a game, the economy should always be in our favor. I wont sell more zen till it is.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Captain
# 118
11-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Wait what? No! I want the market back in the Zen sellers favor, where it belongs. Ok, so if Dil becomes more scarce, it will demand more Zen. But I as a player refuse to sell zen into the economy even now at current rates, let alone if it drops worse. If players are thinking like me, Im only buying zen with my cash and only buying Z store items straight up. Ive never been tempted by lockboxes. So if Dil is scarce, but Zen sellers stand their ground, more players have to buy their goods themselves and rely less on the dil/ zen economy to play this game.

As someone willing to plug cash into a game, the economy should always be in our favor. I wont sell more zen till it is.
I have watched stock markets for over 20 years - although the US market is now more manipulated than it ever has been in history by the Ferderal Reserve Bank(which is a private bank - they just fool you into thinking its controlled by the US gov't)- you still get some Volitility.

Before S6 the dilthium market was extremely volitile - moving some time as much as 10 points in a day without there being a major release that people wanted to buy with ZEN

Now for 4 months is has stayed within a point or 2 of the 156-158 range - there is only ONE way that can happen - Cryptic is keeping it stable to encourage people to still buy Zen to trade for dilthium.

Of Course this is all my opinion and speculation - but it is their market - their currency - they can do anything they want with it.

If Dilthium does not drop to at least 100 per zen come S7 there is only 1 conclusion that any economist/market strategest/ anyone with knowledge of how markets work - would conclude - the price is being supported by Cryptic.

So I would not worry too much about the price plummeting come S7 - i don't think Cryptic will allow it to happen and kill ZEN sales to convert.
Career Officer
# 119
11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Sorry about that... got carried away...
It's amazing how the 'forum police' are quick to cover our eyes in fear that we'll be scarred for life. But not a response regarding why they made this Btran change knowing when they did it it would cause an uproar.

It's not like one day this week you guys said "Yeah, lets Nerf the VA Btran from giving Dilithium".. This decision was probably made months ago but now you gently ease it in the middle of the patch notes hoping nobody would notice or be too upset.

I guess it could have been worse. You could have forgotten to tell us--like you forgot to tell us about the DOFF dilithium Price Gouging for S7.
Captain
# 120
11-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docroadie69 View Post
It's amazing how the 'forum police' are quick to cover our eyes in fear that we'll be scarred for life. But not a response regarding why they made this Btran change knowing when they did it it would cause an uproar.

It's not like one day this week you guys said "Yeah, lets Nerf the VA Btran from giving Dilithium".. This decision was probably made months ago but now you gently ease it in the middle of the patch notes hoping nobody would notice or be too upset.

I guess it could have been worse. You could have forgotten to tell us--like you forgot to tell us about the DOFF dilithium Price Gouging for S7.
In that particular case Brandon - whose job it is to enforce violations of forum rules - only removed a post that was involing terms and words + suggestions of those words(adult themes) which are not allowed on the forums - he was not removing a opinion as to the new changes. So don't go accusing him of being some kind of "thought police".