Captain
# 121
11-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
All around this is going to be a mess - so KDF players should be worried even if they are happy their multi -overlapping dilthium gathering methods don't get nerfed.
But if they remove/nerf the KDF dilithium gathering, that pretty much means there is nothing to do in that faction anymore haha : |

Its the bribe/tradeoff, no content for dilithium gathering power :p
Career Officer
# 122
11-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinead51 View Post
No Dev reply at all in this thread... how strange,I wonder why?
Probably because it's the weekend.
@HyperLimited
Empire Veteran
# 123
11-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Probably because it's the weekend.
Exactly. And people accuse them of not responding when the fact is they can't. Being off-work does that :/

This was pushed late on friday night, probably before everyone went home. Result is, you won't get a response till monday... if you get a response at all.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 124
11-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
But if they remove/nerf the KDF dilithium gathering, that pretty much means there is nothing to do in that faction anymore haha : |

Its the bribe/tradeoff, no content for dilithium gathering power :p
It will back fire long-term when season 8 rolls around and based on "new data" showing massive KDF player increase translates into no more purchases(because they are all Feds alting the now HUGE exploits on the KDF side) and Mr Stahl says - "well i know I said that season 8 was going to be about KDF content - but look - they had X number join in the last 3 months and nothing - they are not purchasing - they are not running any of the CURRENT KDF story content - so it's just not COST EFFECTIVE to do anything any more - sorry"

And that will basically be game over for the KDF

Be careful what you wish for - or are currently happy about.
Captain
# 125
11-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Exactly. And people accuse them of not responding when the fact is they can't. Being off-work does that :/

This was pushed late on friday night, probably before everyone went home. Result is, you won't get a response till monday... if you get a response at all.
That is pure BS - why?

Brandon is lurking around for sure - that's just his style

Zero put this out at 9pm her time - so way after business hours. And its also her style to lurk around the forums during the weekend.

But the bottom line is what do they need to comment on? They have made a decision and posted the changes - that's their right as the game developer - so what's there to say?
Commander
# 126
11-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission
Thats a bad move. Really.
Career Officer
# 127
11-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex
The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral -
All of my facepalm. For the record, I'm not in the Doom&Gloom crowd. I understand that the dilithium economy is not in trouble.

What I DON'T understand is why you removed the dil reward from this mission instead of disabling it entirely. This mission is now COMPLETELY POINTLESS. It's a DAILY, exclusive to VICE ADMIRALS that gives only EXPERTISE. What? You couldn't just nuke it altogether?

I'm not calling you out on trying to manipulate the economy. I'm calling you out on being lazy.

Now, let's assume you've got plans. You want to keep this mission around for a pending exploration revamp or something. Sure, fine. I'll buy that. But why remove the dil reward NOW? There's nothing to replace it. Even if you brought back Marks of Exploration (I kinda miss those, broken as they were) at some later time, there's nothing to fill the void in the moment. You've just got a pointless, empty mission hanging out there in the ass-end of space.

Are you going to add Omega Marks and just haven't gotten around to it yet? Maybe you could do like Defera and add a random assortment of MK XI data samples? It would at least give this poor mission some purpose.

I'm not entirely convinced "the dev team knows what they're doing" is an accurate statement at this point. Even if this is somehow an honest mistake, you don't need me to tell you it's feeding the doomsayers.
Survivor of Romulus
# 128
11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
That is pure BS - why?

Zero put this out at 9pm her time - so way after business hours. And its also her style to lurk around the forums during the weekend.

But the bottom line is what do they need to comment on? They have made a decision and posted the changes - that's their right as the game developer - so what's there to say?
It's their right as a game developer - true.

Is it the right -move- though, I say no. But who am I. We'll see how badly season 7 backfires and if STO is able to survive through it.
Empire Veteran
# 129
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
That is pure BS - why?

They still have every right not to speak off-hours, if they so choose
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 130
11-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
They still have every right not to speak off-hours, if they so choose
Very true - but some people have this idea that all the Devs just treat this as a job - they DON"T - at least not all of them.

Many Dev's work off of the clock - many of them post on the weekends and after hours. Zero does it, Taco does it, and Borticus does it on a fairly regular basis.

I love it when they come into threads and make comments - to agree or disagree with what we are saying. I wish they would do it more often.