11-10-2012, 01:45 AM
1: Defiant
2: Mobius Class Destroyer
3: kill lots of tin man
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-10-2012, 02:45 AM
1, Star Trek IP.
2. My Excelsior refit, ( Cryptic can we have a bridge pack for it, please. )
3. Space pve/pvp.
Career Officer
# 13
11-10-2012, 04:37 AM
1. Star Trek > Star Wars (at least usually. I sometimes switch.)
2. Flying starships > love sick jedis
3. Closest thing to current non-Abrams ST content out there.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 14
11-10-2012, 01:55 PM
As a refugee from SWTOR, after playing non-stop for 8+ months, I can say STO F2P >> SWTOR F2P. I unsubscribed as soon as they officially announced F2P. Sadly, my decision has been proven valid. There has been little added in over 3 months and tons of new bugs introduced.

The draconian restrictions in TOR F2P makes STO F2P feel like an endless playground.

Live long and prosper.
Career Officer
# 15
11-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by endafresh View Post
It was funny to post this but a bit of creativity wouldn't hurt. Try again?
Negativity can go in another thread. I'll let one of the forum vets do the honors
YOU SHALL COMPLY or I shall feed you to my cannibal tribbles! =D

OT, but your Stewie pic disturbed me so much that I had to make a custom filter to block it. >_>
It wasn't a joke..

The fact that this is a Star Trek Game, is pretty much the only reason I decided to start playing in the first place and the reason I have stayed with it since it went live.

If it had been any other game I wouldn't have.

I've tried WoW, EvE and TOR... didn't stick with any of them for more then a few months.
(Eve was less than a week)

The only other game I play at this time is MineCraft and that's only because like Star Trek, I grew up with Leggos & the game is a lot of fun in that regard.

BTW: I'm an Old Troll Forum Vet and I grind up cannibal bones just for the fun of it.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 5.0 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Captain
# 16
11-10-2012, 03:41 PM
1. Decent Execution of Star trek Mythos and universe. (Epic story lines, Combat + puzzle solving. Political and Scientific intrigue. and all the little fanboy quirks, such as beaming up, the comm chirp, Red Alert Klaxons, the sound effects.)

2. Fast paced and engaging combat. (You actually feel like you are in combat shouting out orders. You push a button and it happened in real time. You have to maneuver your ship around in space. One thing that has me disappointed in EVE is how sterile combat is... lock on target, turn on your cannons.... and then get up for a cup of tea. Also, in Space and ground combat, the space gets cluttered with debris and explosions and gravity wells )

3. My fleet. (My awesome awesome Kickass fleet from around the world with loads of tales of badassery and awesomeness.)
Commander
# 17
11-11-2012, 02:30 PM
-Trek spaceships are great
-very casual friendly
-free to play
Career Officer
# 18
11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
The fact that this is a Star Trek Game, is pretty much the only reason I decided to start playing in the first place and the reason I have stayed with it since it went live.
This pretty much sums up why I still play here (and indeed, why I've been a lifer from Day One). As video games go I generally prefer RTS over MMORPG, but RTS generally does not translate well to MMO format (though I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz about End of Nations, an MMORTS set to launch early next year), so for the foreseeable future at least, STO is my game.
Commander
# 19
11-11-2012, 07:10 PM
1. Space combat model is excellent, challenging and F U N

2. Many great story missions to play out (especially in the Foundry)

3. Ship and character customization is varied, excellent and even addictive

HAVE to add a 4th...

4. Fleet activity and camaraderie is wonderful.
*STO* Itís mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
1) It's Star Trek
2) Both Ground and Space
3) Nice mix of different types of content
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net