Cryptic Studios Team
# 1 Current Foundry Spotlight
11-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Currently the Spotlight mission on Tribble is Checks and Balances. If you haven't played it yet, you should.

I want to make a clarification, though. The mission says it was made by Coldsnapped, but was actually created by mygodits_fullofstars. The reason Coldsnapped's name is there is just due to us testing the Spotlight Feature.

So again. Checks and Balances. Built by mygodits_fullofstars. Check it out.

-Your friendly neighborhood EQAH
Career Officer
# 2
11-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks for adding one for testing.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, mission seems bugged? I can't progress beyond the second map.
Doesn't matter if I scan for beacons or go straight for the planet.
I suppose I am to beam down, but get no beam down prompt.

Edit: Never mind... found the waypoint by luck... had to fly away from the planet to the smaller moon.

Edit 2: Finished it. Loved it.

Got a Standard Doff pack mini-pack from the daily.

Last edited by timelord79; 11-10-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Currently a character has to select "Become Reviewer" to see the Spotlight mission.
# 5
11-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Because of the Investigate nerf championed by the Foundry community I urge a boycott of all Foundry missions as revenge.
Captain
# 6
11-10-2012, 03:36 PM
I just played this on tribble and I got:

1 shield battery
1 engine battery
1 XI standard shield.

How does the special reward drop? I didn't see it. Does it matter that I sped through the mission, since I've played it twice before? I was just trying to see how special gear worked. No special gear at the end.

Edit: It told me that I couldn't do it as a daily.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-10-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Captain
# 7
11-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Because of the Investigate nerf championed by the Foundry community I urge a boycott of all Foundry missions as revenge.
Well since this Tribble I played and good Lord, if this is a example of Foundry Missions its not with a freaking lousy DOFF pack you are going to bribe to play them.

I say it works, even if apparently managed to screw it up by going at Full Impulse and so screwed up the "beam to planet" trigger, worked the second time I tried.

And consider this the extend of my testing of the Foundry in Tribble and yes I rank it (and since it committed more that a few cardinal sins I give it one star), oh and it still does not count for the Daily and NO WAY IN HELL I AM DOING THREE OF THESE IN A DAY.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I really think most people have it backwards.

You are not supposed to use the missions to grind.
You play them because you enjoy them and get maybe something nice out of it.

And not all foundry missions are this long, btw.

@kirkfat: there is a daily mission associated with it that rewards the drop. It isn't directly attached to the mission.

Last edited by timelord79; 11-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Captain
# 9
11-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Well since this Tribble I played and good Lord, if this is a example of Foundry Missions its not with a freaking lousy DOFF pack you are going to bribe to play them.

I say it works, even if apparently managed to screw it up by going at Full Impulse and so screwed up the "beam to planet" trigger, worked the second time I tried.

And consider this the extend of my testing of the Foundry in Tribble and yes I rank it (and since it committed more that a few cardinal sins I give it one star), oh and it still does not count for the Daily and NO WAY IN HELL I AM DOING THREE OF THESE IN A DAY.
Perhaps you could summarize the plot for us?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 10
11-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I just played this on tribble and I got:

1 shield battery
1 engine battery
1 XI standard shield.

How does the special reward drop? I didn't see it. Does it matter that I sped through the mission, since I've played it twice before? I was just trying to see how special gear worked. No special gear at the end.

Edit: It told me that I couldn't do it as a daily.
If you picked up the mission from the journal under the Spotlight tab, it automatically gave you the Spotlight daily (not to be confused with Investigate Author Reports) -- check your in-progress tab and turn in the Spotlight daily mission to collect your special drop. More details here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...51#post6497551

As for the red text, there is a bug on Tribble that mistakenly displays UGC missions as not giving credit to the daily. If a spotlight mission is eligible for the daily, it should count towards the 3 missions for Investigate Officer Reports.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment