Career Officer
# 31
11-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurrsk47 View Post
Guys! It is better than nothing, so chill!
Really? Is that the best tagline we can come up with now? And why stop there? Why not say it's better than being savagely beaten? That is also true! "Aw crap, two hours of spellchecking some guy's fanfic and I get a dime a dozen mk XI blue stealth console. But hey, it's not Ebola! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!"

Look ma, no boils!

Is that, really, a selling point?

Could be worse?

Great, that leaves us somewhere to go.
Reave
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
I played the Tribble Test Spotlight Mission.

I got a doff mini pack out of the daily associated with it.

The mission text hinted at another mission for the next day, so they may be put on rotation?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 33
11-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I played the Tribble Test Spotlight Mission.

I got a doff mini pack out of the daily associated with it.

The mission text hinted at another mission for the next day, so they may be put on rotation?
We'll be talking to past Spotlight authors to see if they would like to continue having their mission featured. The current list can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/fo...ndry-spotlight

While you can play the Spotlight missions whenever you want, the "Foundry Spotlight Bonus (Daily)" can only be completed once a day -- this mission is granted automatically when you pick up a Spotlight mission. If you're still on a cool-down for this daily, you'll receive "Unable to add mission 'Foundry Spotlight Bonus (Daily)'" as a message in your chat bar.

Side-note: I ran the Spotlight mission that is on Tribble twice and received a Rare Mk X Console and a Rare Mk XI Deflector as my reward. Looks like you and another player I spoke with received DOFF mini-packs, and another got a Very Rare Mk XI Ground Weapon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-10-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: removed the extra I from the deflector -- it was XI
Career Officer
# 34
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We'll be talking to past Spotlight authors to see if they would like to continue having their mission featured. The current list can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/fo...ndry-spotlight

While you can play the Spotlight missions whenever you want, the "Foundry Spotlight Bonus (Daily)" can be only be completed once a day -- this mission is granted automatically when you pick up a Spotlight mission. If you're still on a cool-down for this daily, you'll receive "Unable to add mission 'Foundry Spotlight Bonus (Daily)'" as a message in your chat bar.

Side-note: I ran the Spotlight mission that is on Tribble twice and received a Rare Mk X Console and a Rare Mk XII deflector as my reward. Looks like you and another player I spoke with received DOFF mini-packs, and another got a Very Rare Mk XI Ground Weapon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
to be honest thoes rewards do suck. tho the doff pack is kinda nice. reason i say rewards suck is because at level 50 what would i do with a mk10 console? stf hands out better deflectors and also fleet ground wep are even better then that. am i missing something also? do the rewards scale to level? also why cant the rewards be mk12 purple consoles for our ship? they can be bind on pick up or something like that. just make the consoles very random. ie, 3 days in a row i get a mk12 purple pahser console. dont make it like that nature.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
11-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Side-note: I ran the Spotlight mission that is on Tribble twice and received a Rare Mk X Console and a Rare Mk XII deflector as my reward. Looks like you and another player I spoke with received DOFF mini-packs, and another got a Very Rare Mk XI Ground Weapon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I got a purple Mk X Disruptor Turret
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Career Officer
# 36
11-10-2012, 04:34 PM
So the spotlight daily is indeed giving out useless to VA gear.

I very much doubt I will ever play a spotlight mission so long as it stays as a random drop that gives out Mk10 gear.

Make the daily give out Mk12 rare as a minimum, then we can talk...
Captain
# 37
11-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Are the purple Xs at least worth something on the exchange? I'm too lazy right now to switch servers and do a search.
Career Officer
# 38
11-10-2012, 04:50 PM
here are some ideas what real Foundry Mission rewards could be:

- Clothing Options (Dixon Hill / Captain Proton outfit etc. stuff that wouldn't sell in the c-store but would be fun to have in-game)
- Hair Options (easy to make, high demand not much work)
- Emotes (always good)
- new Ship Tattoos (Aztech) / Textures for the shiptailor
- a Set of 10 Handcrafted PURPLE DOffs made of Foundry Characters from the spotlighted missions (one for every spotlighted mission, the author gets to choose?
maybe only the first week it is spotlighted?)

you know, nobody gave a frak about STFs until that HELMET was added.
THEN people noticed that STFs were actually fun (good teamplay) AND rewarding (dilithium)
and then it happened and people got hooked to the content and gameplay!
Well at least that is true for ME.
Career Officer
# 39
11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:

While you can play the Spotlight missions whenever you want, the "Foundry Spotlight Bonus (Daily)" can only be completed once a day -- this mission is granted automatically when you pick up a Spotlight mission. If you're still on a cool-down for this daily, you'll receive "Unable to add mission 'Foundry Spotlight Bonus (Daily)'" as a message in your chat bar.

Side-note: I ran the Spotlight mission that is on Tribble twice and received a Rare Mk X Console and a Rare Mk XI Deflector as my reward. Looks like you and another player I spoke with received DOFF mini-packs, and another got a Very Rare Mk XI Ground Weapon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Once again, why is it a daily? The loot isn't that spectacular to warrant only being able to get it once per day. Why not just attach it to all spotlight missions, especially because you've prescreened them to make sure they're not too short (and as far as I can tell, also not too long).

Why shouldn't someone be able to level up playing nothing but Foundry missions if they want, getting exp for every one they play, not just 3 twice a day, and then loot one time for a spotlight mission.

Since you've apparently found some way to make it so console clickers no longer qualify for exp, why the hell are we stuck with the dailies? I just don't get it.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 40
11-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Are the purple Xs at least worth something on the exchange? I'm too lazy right now to switch servers and do a search.
Well, everything depends on the item to some extent, but for the most part at max level, anything less than MK XI is crap. Purple MK X is probably worth something, depending on what it is, but it's no better than a Blue MK XI generally.

I don't think what they are talking about for rewards is that bad, but once again it's being gated to once per day. And it seems like the normal Foundry missions still get nothing, besides a daily that requires you to play 3 missions.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Closed Thread