Career Officer
# 11
11-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I thought it was odd that "Senator H'Nay" (a Romulan) was my turn in contact for the Foundry Spotlight Bonus.

... who? Seems some Romulan stuff may be leaking over into other game systems.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 12
11-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you picked up the mission from the journal under the Spotlight tab, it automatically gave you the Spotlight daily (not to be confused with Investigate Author Reports) -- check your in-progress tab and turn in the Spotlight daily mission to collect your special drop. More details here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...51#post6497551

As for the red text, there is a bug on Tribble that mistakenly displays UGC missions as not giving credit to the daily. If a spotlight mission is eligible for the daily, it should count towards the 3 missions for Investigate Officer Reports.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks, it would help if the more info told me to do that. There is so much diversity surrounding how to pick up missions and get rewards that it's not intuitive. I didn't know whether I'd see a drop, an auto-hail with rewards or what. Having a mission auto-appear in my log is now a 4th or 5th different way compared to other missions.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 13
11-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Thanks, it would help if the more info told me to do that. There is so much diversity surrounding how to pick up missions and get rewards that it's not intuitive. I didn't know whether I'd see a drop, an auto-hail with rewards or what. Having a mission auto-appear in my log is now a 4th or 5th different way compared to other missions.
I'll pass along that feedback When you picked it up, it does flash across the screen (if you have default notification settings).

What did you get for your reward?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 14
11-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'll pass along that feedback When you picked it up, it does flash across the screen (if you have default notification settings).

What did you get for your reward?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
A standard doff pack with 3 whites and 1 green. It also seems to have given me some XP (around 3700), but I wasn't paying close enough attention to the pick up rewards screen. I just wanted to know what was in the mystery box.

I've learned to tune out the flashes. I don't remember seeing one.

Edit: Last 3 things in my log:

You've received: 1984 Expertise, 1732 Expertise, and Item acquired: Standard Duty Officer Mini-Pack.

If I had really read the mission, that would have been compensation for over an hour of reading and fighting.

Last edited by kirksplat; 11-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Rihannsu
# 15
11-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Perhaps you could summarize the plot for us?
Annoying cannot shut her trap Admiral annoys us and brings along Annoying Scientist for ... something, I was not going to read the whole fluff since I played enough BioWare games to see the padding on the dialog trees.

Then we go to planet orbit, ships gone missing and we investigate (and during this the author simply HAD to give our captain some dialog, I suppose because if there is a fault with STO is that is NOT BIOWARING ENOUGH!) the debris and then we go to a Moon to Preserver Ruin and meet BREEN!!! that sine the Featured Episode apparently became SPACE SAMURAI because honor? really? REALLY?

Oh and after annoying console (BTW why do I have to interact with broken hologram and corpse? ... oh right PADDING) we open door and find the missing Defari Science Team ... and a bit before that the PRESERVER PLANETARY DEFENSE SYSTEM (broken) since its not like the Preserver Hologram in the Featured Episode said there were no weapons there and correct me if I was wrong but didnt the Preservers also did not HAD any other race during their time and so ... why a Planetary defense system? did at one point someone said "you know what? lets kill each other..." and there was a huge civil war just because since I have no idea why the hell would a species bother with making weapons if they were not going to use then and its not they had anyone else besides thenselves to use then on.

So were was I ... oh right, the EVIL DEFARI up next.

So next we go after a ship, I suppose why the hell not at this point and so we get with IN WARP EFFECTS (too bad you left a stationary sun on the map utter ruining it) and get in some kind of DEATH FIELD (translation: no shields) and fight some drones, Breen shows up but since they are SPACE SAMURAI now he is friend and helps us destroy the second wave of drones, then we beam aboard the Federation Ship and fight the EVIL DEFARI! (did I mention how I hate this type ambushes?), then after console clicking around we go back to some Planet, talk to a ship, beam to a planet, talk, talk, talk, set away team to Hold (THIS really pissed me BTW, the whole thing is a pain in the ass and as I can understand with the Starmap and the Enemy Mine were it have uses, this this totally pointless), talk, talk, fight with or without BREEN SAMURAI help, then get back the away team (that is AFTER you walk back to the circle), FIGHT EVIL DEFARI that apparently wanted to be Borged because of Balance, activate the PRESERVER PLANETARY DEFENSE SYSTEM (not broken) since a Cube shown up (the EVIL DEFARI called it, I suppose they dialed 999-WE-ARE-BORG) and go back to space, see Cube blowing up, then ... man DOES THIS EVER ENDS?

Oh wait, it does ... we apparently also have to right the letter informing the death of someone in the SHIP MORGUE, no idea who and its not as if I cared at this and its FINALLY OVER!

That is about the gist of it ...
Career Officer
# 16
11-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Hehe I think you should stay away from Foundry missions

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 17
11-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Annoying cannot shut her trap Admiral annoys us and brings along Annoying Scientist for ... something, I was not going to read the whole fluff since I played enough BioWare games to see the padding on the dialog trees.

Then we go to planet orbit, ships gone missing and we investigate (and during this the author simply HAD to give our captain some dialog, I suppose because if there is a fault with STO is that is NOT BIOWARING ENOUGH!) the debris and then we go to a Moon to Preserver Ruin and meet BREEN!!! that sine the Featured Episode apparently became SPACE SAMURAI because honor? really? REALLY?

Oh and after annoying console (BTW why do I have to interact with broken hologram and corpse? ... oh right PADDING) we open door and find the missing Defari Science Team ... and a bit before that the PRESERVER PLANETARY DEFENSE SYSTEM (broken) since its not like the Preserver Hologram in the Featured Episode said there were no weapons there and correct me if I was wrong but didnt the Preservers also did not HAD any other race during their time and so ... why a Planetary defense system? did at one point someone said "you know what? lets kill each other..." and there was a huge civil war just because since I have no idea why the hell would a species bother with making weapons if they were not going to use then and its not they had anyone else besides thenselves to use then on.

So were was I ... oh right, the EVIL DEFARI up next.

So next we go after a ship, I suppose why the hell not at this point and so we get with IN WARP EFFECTS (too bad you left a stationary sun on the map utter ruining it) and get in some kind of DEATH FIELD (translation: no shields) and fight some drones, Breen shows up but since they are SPACE SAMURAI now he is friend and helps us destroy the second wave of drones, then we beam aboard the Federation Ship and fight the EVIL DEFARI! (did I mention how I hate this type ambushes?), then after console clicking around we go back to some Planet, talk to a ship, beam to a planet, talk, talk, talk, set away team to Hold (THIS really pissed me BTW, the whole thing is a pain in the ass and as I can understand with the Starmap and the Enemy Mine were it have uses, this this totally pointless), talk, talk, fight with or without BREEN SAMURAI help, then get back the away team (that is AFTER you walk back to the circle), FIGHT EVIL DEFARI that apparently wanted to be Borged because of Balance, activate the PRESERVER PLANETARY DEFENSE SYSTEM (not broken) since a Cube shown up (the EVIL DEFARI called it, I suppose they dialed 999-WE-ARE-BORG) and go back to space, see Cube blowing up, then ... man DOES THIS EVER ENDS?

Oh wait, it does ... we apparently also have to right the letter informing the death of someone in the SHIP MORGUE, no idea who and its not as if I cared at this and its FINALLY OVER!

That is about the gist of it ...
Wow. You read almost nothing.
Rihannsu
# 18
11-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Wow. You read almost nothing.
And?

If I am forced to play this as you Foundry Authors want everyone to do then I am going to speed run it, I certainly dont have to like it since I DONT want to do this and the faster I can get this over, the better.

This was a test, I could not care less about the mission but I found the padding rather irritating and so I commented on it ... are you saying I cannot have my opinion? DROWNING me with text is not exactly going to help me being interested in reading it either.

And, again, this was a test ... you asked my summery and you got it.
Career Officer
# 19
11-10-2012, 03:35 PM
No one's forcing you to play it?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 20
11-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Hehe I think you should stay away from Foundry missions
And you want people with that type of gaming preference playing your foundry missions you spent a ton of time on? WHY? (not that there is anything wrong with that preference I tend to share it)

You can lead a badger somewhere he wound not normally go be it with a carrot or a stick if try hard enough. But god help you when he decides he really doesn't want to be there.

And I agree entirely with you f2pdrakron about bioware style. The stories are garbage if I want to read a novel then I'll pull out a good novel. Like say a Brent Weeks novel. Or I'll go watch Babylon 5 again if I want an epic story that is character driven. But I prefer the things I shoot at not to talk back to me in a game and I don't really care why the dragon kidnapped the princess I just want to fight 'em!

Last edited by bareel; 11-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.