Lieutenant
# 41
10-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Yesterday, IGE, STF channel group, no voice comms, pretty much no text chat, breezed through, got the optional with 2:46 left on the clock and killed Becky 1st time in about the same sort of time....everyone just knew exactly what to do and when to do it

was better that most of my fleet runs with full voice comms...great fun
Looking for a great fleet, then try the UFP/House of Kular, visit ufplanets.com for more info
-----------
A forum post should be like a woman's skirt, long enough to cover the subject matter but short enough to keep things interesting.

Last edited by thechugster; 10-04-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Ensign
# 42
10-11-2012, 10:46 AM
one of the most fun runs ... and fast too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVhiqWDXGU
Career Officer
Depending on your mood this post fits in "best experiences" as well as in "worst experiences".

I have been grinding Cure Space Elite with my main charakter for weeks to get the optional (and the tech). Eventually i got the engine, but although there were some good teams and it was sometimes very close we never got the optional.
My last run so far: four people were guarding the Kang while I destroyed the probes under the first cube. As soon as I was finished, two rainbow warriors left the Kang-group and started shooting at the cube. Noooo, not again. I asked them to stop but probably they had their chat windows closed. I just sat back and made some beautiful rainbow screenshots. They destroyed the cube. Needless to say that the raptors overwhelmed us quickly.

Although I was frustrated I switched to an alt and did CSE again. It was the first time with this char and the ship was not even properly equipped. This time everything went by the book. I was excited, because we had enough time to spare. When I shot the last torp at the last cube I could watch it fly slowly (heavy plasma torp) and hit the cube. And then... nothing. Disconnected.

Fortunately I could re-login in time. We got the optional. Hooray.

That's why I like PUGs. They bring the variety and excitement into a game that is becoming more and more boring because every update brings more grinding and repeating the same easy missions for fleet (omega, romulan, ...) marks.

Last edited by nithanath; 10-20-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Captain
# 44
11-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Ive had that a few times in the past, its a nice feeling when you get her not to cloak.

From what i have seen its the "bait agro" ship that has to stay more than 6k away from her to stop her from cloaking - im normally the agro ship luckily - can anyone confirm that
It's like a second occupation in STFs for me as well, although it's always involuntary
Captain
# 45
11-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithanath View Post
Depending on your mood this post fits in "best experiences" as well as in "worst experiences".

I have been grinding Cure Space Elite with my main charakter for weeks to get the optional (and the tech). Eventually i got the engine, but although there were some good teams and it was sometimes very close we never got the optional.
My last run so far: four people were guarding the Kang while I destroyed the probes under the first cube. As soon as I was finished, two rainbow warriors left the Kang-group and started shooting at the cube. Noooo, not again. I asked them to stop but probably they had their chat windows closed. I just sat back and made some beautiful rainbow screenshots. They destroyed the cube. Needless to say that the raptors overwhelmed us quickly.

Although I was frustrated I switched to an alt and did CSE again. It was the first time with this char and the ship was not even properly equipped. This time everything went by the book. I was excited, because we had enough time to spare. When I shot the last torp at the last cube I could watch it fly slowly (heavy plasma torp) and hit the cube. And then... nothing. Disconnected.

Fortunately I could re-login in time. We got the optional. Hooray.

That's why I like PUGs. They bring the variety and excitement into a game that is becoming more and more boring because every update brings more grinding and repeating the same easy missions for fleet (omega, romulan, ...) marks.
You know, if you really wanted the optional for any STF, I would recommend the PublicEliteSTF channel. Players there are usually not incompetent, and many of them are actually quite good. You will also find many players (like myself) who have all the optionals and know how to get them. And there is usually decent communication beforehand and planning, so more often then not, you will have smooth runs that get the optional.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
# 46
11-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithanath View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You know, if you really wanted the optional for any STF, I would recommend the PublicEliteSTF channel. Players there are usually not incompetent, and many of them are actually quite good. You will also find many players (like myself) who have all the optionals and know how to get them. And there is usually decent communication beforehand and planning, so more often then not, you will have smooth runs that get the optional.

There is something to be said for the unpredictability of PUGs. You learn things. Like just recently, in a fouled up round of KASE, I learned my engie can tank 2 cubes and do probes. I never would have thought to try that. Or I can be the hero, using the raw DPS of my Tac operated Raptor to save the day after yet another player shoots his wad (and a cube) early in CSE.

However, frustration levels peaked today after a noobathon run of really bad ESTFs. So, I finally connected with the PublicEliteSTF channel. Wow, what a difference. As exciting as PUGs can be, it was also a nice relaxing change to KNOW no one is blowing a cube before it's time. And to KNOW everyone will follow the 10% rule. And to KNOW that Donatra will not take 20 minutes to kill, because someone thinks EWP is cool.

I'm not going to say I'll never PUG again, but I will be a regular on the PublicEliteSTF channel from now on.
Captain
# 47
11-13-2012, 10:24 PM
As it's a new season, I decided to give the hive space stf a go. Having never played it before, i went for the normal mission to see how good it was, got both bonuses and beat the stf on the first run.
Commander
# 48
11-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Any run pre season 7
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]

Last edited by defcon1776; 11-14-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: who cares