Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Edited: I don't want to put down the hard work some have put into the foundry but its a very poor product and it needs to be more thought out and user friendly. The current way it looks reminds me of legos and is by far the most bug and glitched filled system in the game. I just do not think it will get the justice it needs until it actually has work put into it. It's just like the KDF but as stated in the past unless its a viable product it won't get used which is evident the only thing that got noticed was the click console missions

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 11-09-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Rihannsu
# 22
11-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Thanks.

What sort of publishing issue?
I publish something, but when I try to look for it in the mission list I can't find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
I have yet to play a "legitimate" Foundry mission that does not meet qualifications.

In other words, the click-one-console missions I've played are the only ones I've seen that wouldn't count. (I haven't played any that are just kill-one-guy, but those wouldn't count either.) This isn't to imply that combat is required--it's not.
Drogyn's apparently didn't....
Quote:
Also, QA is investigating your reports that the Foundry missions have stopped granting the EC and XP and CXP.
I'm gonna have to second Kirk's "Huh? What?".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 23
11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I'm seconding this request. I've never gotten anything at the end of a foundry mission other than a pop=up asking me to review the mission and/or give the author a tip. No XP, CXP, or EC.
Uhm, the same for me, never received anything at the end of (completing) the foundry mission.

First you come up with ECs and XP we are supposedly receiving, and now add CXP as well. I'm puzzled.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 24
11-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Wait, what is CXP?
Rihannsu
# 25
11-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Commendation eXPerience. AKA the stuff you get from Doffs.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
11-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Drogyn's apparently didn't....
BranFlakes said on Twitter that the functionality to actually qualify isn't working right in this build. So when they activate it, I imagine my mission will qualify.

zeux I'm not sure how you can say its not getting used. There are tens of thousands of missions, played by many players (would love to know numbers on that btw), and an entire community has sprung up around it. Yes, it has bugs, yes it can be difficult to learn and it is quite restricted. But many authors are doing incredible things with it. Art thrives on restrictions. And nowhere in this game will you find the spirit of Trek more alive than in the Foundry.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 11-10-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Rihannsu
# 27
11-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
BranFlakes said on Twitter that the functionality to actually qualify isn't working right in this build. So when they activate it, I imagine my mission will qualify.

zeux I'm not sure how you can say its not getting used. There are tens of thousands of missions, played by many players (would love to know numbers on that btw), and an entire community has sprung up around it. Yes, it has bugs, yes it can be difficult to learn and it is quite restricted. But many authors are doing incredible things with it. Art thrives on restrictions. And nowhere in this game will you find the spirit of Trek more alive than in the Foundry.
some missions have review numbers in 5 digits... that says a LOT about how many people have played those missions.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 28
11-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Also, QA is investigating your reports that the Foundry missions have stopped granting the EC and XP and CXP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I'm gonna have to second Kirk's "Huh? What?".
Maybe it's been bugged for the last year and a half.

Well, we can hope, right.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 11-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
11-10-2012, 05:32 PM
I paid extra attention to the rewards at the end and outside of kill XP and EC from loot sales and recycling here is not a single EC or XP to be gained from froundry missions at the moment.
Career Officer
# 30
11-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Maybe it's been bugged for the last year and a half.

Well, we can hope, right.
I'm really interested to know what they come back with. If we get to hear it.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*