11-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Devs said that you can mount all 3 on a single vesta
Career Officer
# 12
11-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
Devs said that you can mount all 3 on a single vesta
That as the case may be, will probably still only mount one, with a dual-beam bank to facilitate sub-system targeting

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Im definitely looking at a Tac/Vesta Hybrid! A DPS orientated Ship with the ability to support on the Fly!

A couple of those vesta abilities look pretty sweet (especially in No Win Scenario/Protect Convoy Missions)
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
since when did that change ? last i heard branflakes had stated that you could equip multiple aux cannons
I might have confused the borg cutting beam with the aux cannons due to a brainfart, in which case I humbly apologise.

However you would still need to buy the eyewateringly expensive triple pack if the aux cannons are a unique 1 per ship item that cannot be purchased otherwise - and you would still be sacrificing subsytems targetting or gimping your forward mounted beam/dual beam and any rear turrets if you chose to max out on the aux cannons.

The Vesta's strength is not the unique consoles or the aux cannons - it is the combination of the BO layout first and foremost, with the hanger on top for good measure.
Career Officer
# 15
11-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post
I might have confused the borg cutting beam with the aux cannons due to a brainfart, in which case I humbly apologise.

However you would still need to buy the eyewateringly expensive triple pack if the aux cannons are a unique 1 per ship item that cannot be purchased otherwise - and you would still be sacrificing subsytems targetting or gimping your forward mounted beam/dual beam and any rear turrets if you chose to max out on the aux cannons.

The Vesta's strength is not the unique consoles or the aux cannons - it is the combination of the BO layout first and foremost, with the hanger on top for good measure.
Agreed - as said, will be fitting dual-beam phaser on mine - I still want to use sub-system targeting. Will likely go with Dual-beam, Aux cannon and torpedoes.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
11-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:

ooor just buy the ship , keep the cannons , discharge it and claim it again :p
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 17
11-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
unless he uses the vesta , with its AUX cannons :p in which case having a high aux would be more beneficial
Not if you're using TBR for damage, or using Aux to Batts build.

Other builds will make good use of them though.

Quote:
You can only mount 1 single Aux cannon per ship,
Quote:
However you would still need to buy the eyewateringly expensive triple pack if the aux cannons are a unique 1 per ship item that cannot be purchased otherwise
A little clarification:

1) You can mount 3 per Vesta.
2) You can buy 1 Vesta (2500 zen), remove the Aux Cannon, Reclaim it, remove the Aux cannon > repeat to 3.
3) The 3 pack grants the 3 different consoles, and the 3 different costume unlocks.

Starfleet Veteran
# 18
11-11-2012, 07:38 AM
As eye-watering as the triple pack may be, That's what i'm going for!

Just a shame they haven't made the Vesta Publicly available on Tribble so that we can all try it out first!

Thanks for all the info peeps, keep it coming!
Lieutenant
# 19
11-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Glad I read this. Made me feel better about being a tac captain on a sci ship. I was starting to think I screwed up and was supposed to stick with ships ore appropriate to my career. (still learning alot).
Career Officer
# 20
11-12-2012, 06:40 AM
I've soon saved up for the temporal destroyer, so I think I'll use that one for my tac, and the Vesta for my sci.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).