Captain
# 191
11-11-2012, 07:35 AM
The Tachyokinetic Converter is a universal console you can buy from the Lobi store. It increases your turn, your crit chance and your crit severity.

It isn't absolutely necessary, and even less so if you aren't a Tac captain, but it's always nice to have and can go well with anything really.

Also, damn, FFXI is still going?!

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 192
11-11-2012, 07:40 AM
yeah it is.

And is Tac Captain really the best captain for this ship? I had been planning on using it with my Engineering Captain, but now that you mention the Tactical Captain I am questioning that decision...
# 193
11-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Well if it's just for PvE you can go ahead and use it on whoever you like, it's no biggie.

The thing is that ships like the Regent are what I call Kirkers, or Kirking ships. They're for people who want to deal damage in a cruiser, and they don't have the Lt. Com + Com Eng setup that's optimal for Engies.

It's totally possible though, EPS would be nice for Aux2Bat since it gives you an even bigger kick.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 194
11-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Well if it's just for PvE you can go ahead and use it on whoever you like, it's no biggie.

The thing is that ships like the Regent are what I call Kirkers, or Kirking ships. They're for people who want to deal damage in a cruiser, and they don't have the Lt. Com + Com Eng setup that's optimal for Engies.

It's totally possible though, EPS would be nice for Aux2Bat since it gives you an even bigger kick.
So for a PvP or Task Force version of the Ship, then a Tactical Captain would be ideal?
# 195
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Yes it is (Tac is best for GalX captainin PvP if dealing out maximal DPS and healing is your goal). It goes wihtout saying that you'll have to tank if you fly the GalX, that's why flying the ship is hard... everyone will paint a target at you first in a PvP group.

Really, flying a GalX usually implies a certain amount of noobness, cuz everyone wanted to fly one. These days, the stigma is wearing off in favor of Odyssey class cruisers. I guess that'll switch to Vesta starting tomorrow.
Career Officer
# 196
11-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillee View Post
Yes it is (Tac is best for GalX captainin PvP if dealing out maximal DPS and healing is your goal). It goes wihtout saying that you'll have to tank if you fly the GalX, that's why flying the ship is hard... everyone will paint a target at you first in a PvP group.

Really, flying a GalX usually implies a certain amount of noobness, cuz everyone wanted to fly one. These days, the stigma is wearing off in favor of Odyssey class cruisers. I guess that'll switch to Vesta starting tomorrow.
We were not talking about the Galaxy-X (aka the Dreadnought Exploration Cruiser).

What we were talking about was the Assault Cruiser Refit: Regent Class. AKA the new Sovereign Class variant.

Though your comment does raise the question of whether or not we should be considering working up a Dragon Flagship build for the Vesta Class Science Vessel since that ship in many ways does resemble a Cruiser more than a Science Vessel.
# 197
11-29-2012, 08:46 AM
I ran your build last year on my Dred and od and kicked ass in both PvP and PvE. Thanks you for taking the to post your build. If anything, at least any new player can find a great build that they can modify and tweak on their own once they play around with your build. Again thank for your post it really helped me understand setting up a great build. Maybe in your next thread you can expand on skill sets and Doff officers for space to help with buffs.
Ensign
# 198
02-14-2013, 03:14 AM
So the Dreadnought makes a pretty good tactical dps ship then? Been trying to figure out what way I want to go when I reach the max level. Been kinda between buying the Dreadnough or just using my Support Cruser Retrofit I got from one of the 3 year quests, any thoughts that build work for the Support Cruser too both ships seem pretty similar.
Career Officer
# 199
02-14-2013, 03:39 AM
Zee zombie thread hell bent on brains........
Captain
# 200
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Well since it's already risen from it's grave...though a thread like this should be available, why archive something so useful?

It's great info. I've been running this build with EWP and Sci Team to cleanse debuffs and it has increased my survivability by at least 300% no BS, and has done something similar to my pressure damage effectiveness. In a base assault cruiser, with an engineer. Thanks Ragnarok good stuff.

But I'm looking to get both the Vesta and the Regent, so please by all means continue rebuilding this for different classes.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"