Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
11-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Oh sorry. Humble apologies. See I misinterpreted your intent Did I mention that it was a ROFL Boom?
Meh, my intent was not to be offensive, but to mention that the issue is old. Maybe I should have worded myself differently in my first post.

Sorry.

Edit: What about MY needs? -.-
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!

Last edited by devorasx; 11-11-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Came across this and was not sure if I should laugh or cry.

I was happily going about my business with full hull/ shields, no-one even targeting me, when BOOM.

Insta-death...

Had a looksee at the combat logs and "lo-and-behold, Lordy Lordy!"

... officer Tricobalt Mine's Mine Explosion dealt 8678 (37566) shield damage to you.

... officer Tricobalt Mine's Mine Explosion dealt 8630 (37356) shield damage to you.

... deals 17358 (83206) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

... deals 36856 (55834) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

... deals 8294 (69157) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

This was a cut-and-paste from the combat log.

I'm sorry. Please fix it. Or give me some more hull.
This is why I say make Tric mines unaffected by Dipersal Patterns. Any one of those strikes by itself is normal for tricobalt hit, in fact one or two are kinda low, but in a cluster they are too much for a single player to bear.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Empire Veteran
# 13
11-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Happens to everyone everyday has an easy counter though:
1: Make sure you re-enable reticles for mines and small craft (as of S-6 it's default setting is never show, utter stupidity in my opinion)
2: Make sure you have any of the following ready: EWP, FAW or TS

Problem officially solved
But evidently its easily countered..........
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Captain
# 14
11-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
This is why I say make Tric mines unaffected by Dipersal Patterns. Any one of those strikes by itself is normal for tricobalt hit, in fact one or two are kinda low, but in a cluster they are too much for a single player to bear.
Dumb suggestion is dumb.

Sorry but it outright stupid from a gameplay PoV to have a mine that is not in fact buffed by mine abilities.

The problem here is entierly that they made tric mines rediculouslly long CD weapons. Weapon damage scales upwards as CD increases. Put these on a 20 second CD with 1/3 the damage and the problem dissappears. Not to mention they gain a lot of non-pvp utility, right now silly CSE tricks aside they're a joke in PVE becuase they hit so infrequently.
Survivor of Remus
# 15
11-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Lol I fly a sci ship I can't re target or I lose half my dps. Honestly best thing you can do is have an AOE ablity. Yeah it's kinda a wasted space but I run a TBR1 or a PSW1. Just for that issu it not my main BoFF but I always have him on me another thing you can do is switch your lowest tier CRF for CSV that tends to work well also. And gas ablity in the eng section can stop it. Or a GW/TR. it's kinda hard because most of those ablitys are useless or meant for spasific non pvp builds but remember for him he is giving up a Comander tact slot and a rear weapon to cheese with the mines. Give up less then him and you have the advantage.
Empire Veteran
# 16
11-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Dumb suggestion is dumb.

Sorry but it outright stupid from a gameplay PoV to have a mine that is not in fact buffed by mine abilities.

The problem here is entierly that they made tric mines rediculouslly long CD weapons. Weapon damage scales upwards as CD increases. Put these on a 20 second CD with 1/3 the damage and the problem dissappears. Not to mention they gain a lot of non-pvp utility, right now silly CSE tricks aside they're a joke in PVE becuase they hit so infrequently.
The effect of Trig mines are felt in PvP more than PvE because the effect is felt by players.

Lower the CD does no improve the situation.

It only increases the the chance/ duration of abilities being offline. Not being able to react in STO PvP boils down to death.

I would much rather they reduced the extent of the explosion.

No weapon in any game should allow for instant-death. There is not even the possibility of countering these. You are instantly dead.
Captain
# 17
11-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Honestly this massive damage is exactly what I would expect from a static weapon that has one minute cooldown and can be easily avoided if a player has hyper engines equipped and runs sufficent energy. I was often targeted by dispersed tricobalt mines in Kerrat and they could not catch up to my Bird of Prey.

I hope they stay as they are. Mines should be deadly and nerfing them would make them useless again.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Dumb suggestion is dumb.

Funny, I have heard Tric mines and DpB was making PvE too easy.
Captain
# 19
11-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Tric mines were never useless and it took very little effort to get the most out of one mine. Four mines though doing such high damage at once is insane and when they crit....

You should see STFs at the moment. You don't even need to bother with the nanite healers in CGE, as dispersed trics are once shotting the cubes. It's a no-skill weapon.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 11-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Captain
# 20
11-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Ok, it's a bit silly that some people break the STF mechanics with dispersed tricobalt mines, but maybe the devs can find a way to make the cubes/gates/transformers fully invincible instead of applying a healing effect.

Apart from this matter a general nerf to tricobalt mines still seems unnecessary to me.