Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 21
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Ok, it's a bit silly that some people break the STF mechanics with dispersed tricobalt mines, but maybe the devs can find a way to make the cubes/gates/transformers fully invincible instead of applying a healing effect.

Apart from this matter a general nerf to tricobalt mines still seems unnecessary to me.
hehe.... Trics USED TO not work with mine skills. I see no reason to change it back. Why? Back then mines were irrelevent. Now they are a serious threat! BTW FaW can destroy mines.

the easy counter to mines is to avoid hitting them. mines are largely immobile after all.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 22
11-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
hehe.... Trics USED TO not work with mine skills. I see no reason to change it back. Why? Back then mines were irrelevent. Now they are a serious threat! BTW FaW can destroy mines.

the easy counter to mines is to avoid hitting them. mines are largely immobile after all.
FAW is not a viable option unless you are in a cruiser build.

Also, due to the spam of carriers it is not viable to enable targeting of pets and mines because the screen becomes so cluttered you cannot make out anything. Trying to target anything is virtually impossible.

I have no problem with mines been used or that they should be effective.

What I am against is the ability to destroy any ship instantly. There is not even the possibility of trying to recover or heal yourself. You are dead.

Also, from this thread the majority of the posters who are ok with the tric, seem to only care about what they can blow-up in STFs and show little interest in balance.

These mines in their current state are not even remotely balanced. Their critical dmg excess any ship's hull by thousands.

The argument that mines should cause this kind of damage is laughable.

Also, in the heat of a dogfight, perhaps in PvE you can enjoy the view, but in a close quarters PvP match, there is no possible way to keep your eyes focused on 5 players trying to kill you, managing your team, and on top of that navigate out of the way of mines.

If you think that's a possibility, I invite you to tag along in a few arena's to prove you wrong.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-11-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 23
11-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Tric mines are too much only under DpB. When one mine crits, they all crit. Thats too much.
By themselves a Tric mine is no big deal.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 24
11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Yesterday, in an arena, myself and two team-mates got insta-popped simultaneously by these Trics... Mkay.

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Dumb suggestion is dumb.

Sorry but it outright stupid from a gameplay PoV to have a mine that is not in fact buffed by mine abilities.

The problem here is entierly that they made tric mines rediculouslly long CD weapons. Weapon damage scales upwards as CD increases. Put these on a 20 second CD with 1/3 the damage and the problem dissappears. Not to mention they gain a lot of non-pvp utility, right now silly CSE tricks aside they're a joke in PVE becuase they hit so infrequently.
dude people spit these every 30 secs, just dont go 3 turrents, go 1 turrent 2 tric mines. so 4 hdc 1 turrent 2 tric mines gg
Captain
# 26
11-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
dude people spit these every 30 secs, just dont go 3 turrents, go 1 turrent 2 tric mines. so 4 hdc 1 turrent 2 tric mines gg
You're not helping.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
11-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
You're not helping.
and how is that? im showing the op and another guy thats trying to say the high damage is ok due to the 60 sec cd. im showing how an escourt that can buff mines can spit them out every 30 secs. tric mines are more op then tbr. least with tbr u can evisive away. with trics if the first dont kill and u brace for impact with eavice u will just drive into the next mine and die.
Captain
# 28
11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
and how is that? im showing the op and another guy thats trying to say the high damage is ok due to the 60 sec cd. im showing how an escourt that can buff mines can spit them out every 30 secs. tric mines are more op then tbr. least with tbr u can evisive away. with trics if the first dont kill and u brace for impact with eavice u will just drive into the next mine and die.
Sorry it sounding like you were for them and suggesting a way to actually improve their use.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
11-11-2012, 01:32 PM
not at all. but i did test that set up. even with no points in mines ur killing stuff. then if u max mines, chances are ur inta killing everything. its an op mine. no reason to even try to defend these mines. im all for this mine being used as a pattern. but then it need to cut its damage in half. no no matter how many mines comes out in a pattern it will all = the same damage from 1 mine.ie stupid example would be if 1 mine was 100 damage and u can pop out 2 mines then each mine would do 50 damage. so really your looking for the psw effect hope for the grav well affect and looking for some type of damage. if looking for that insta kill then just lay 1 mine and hope it kills.

if people dont like this idea then add splash damage. then u need to think before you lay this stupid insta killing mine.

side note i really want to explain my idea. 100 damage lets say. if u can pop out 4 mines then each mine will do 25 damage. since a high chance is that each mine will taget a few ships each mine is doing 25 damage, your not going to insta kill every ship. but you just might get a nice psw effect on a few ships and they will be disabled for atlest 3 secs, with a chance of a grav well affect. but againg its not an insta kill. but patterns need to make the mines do less damage. way less damage. on trics ofc.

Last edited by broken1981; 11-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Rihannsu
# 30
11-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
FAW is not a viable option unless you are in a cruiser build.

Also, due to the spam of carriers it is not viable to enable targeting of pets and mines because the screen becomes so cluttered you cannot make out anything. Trying to target anything is virtually impossible.

I have no problem with mines been used or that they should be effective.

What I am against is the ability to destroy any ship instantly. There is not even the possibility of trying to recover or heal yourself. You are dead.

Also, from this thread the majority of the posters who are ok with the tric, seem to only care about what they can blow-up in STFs and show little interest in balance.

These mines in their current state are not even remotely balanced. Their critical dmg excess any ship's hull by thousands.

The argument that mines should cause this kind of damage is laughable.

Also, in the heat of a dogfight, perhaps in PvE you can enjoy the view, but in a close quarters PvP match, there is no possible way to keep your eyes focused on 5 players trying to kill you, managing your team, and on top of that navigate out of the way of mines.

If you think that's a possibility, I invite you to tag along in a few arena's to prove you wrong.
I love cruisers.... Anyways....

Is this against a shielded or unshielded target? Yeah it's a huge amount of damage... it's like getting hit with several tricobalt devices simultaneously...

It sounds like your real issue is that you're playing in a ship that has a fundamental weakness to mines.

BTW did you consider TBR? If you can guess approximately where the mines are it should work.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.