Captain
# 581
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Ah, sweet oxygen.

It would appear my Bronchitis has ebbed. Yea!
We were all so worried that you had fallen off the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Empire Veteran
# 582
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
We're having issues with our starbase projects. The idea to slot 1000 xp projects only looked nice in theory, but in practice it's a disaster. They take 4-5 days to get filled, and we're always short on doffs. 500 xp projects wouldn't be such an issue, since they don't require specific doffs and are always filled in the next 6h. I don't know why this choice was made. If it's because only a handful of people could give that much dil, then it's an issue, otherwise we should choose some 500 xp projects.
Career Officer
# 583
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I thought one of the Fleet leader-guys said something about it being in preparation for the release of Season 7 and not knowing exactly what kind of strain that advancing through the Rep System's tiers would put on everybody's available dilithium...maybe? I'm tired and a bit out of sorts of Cryptic's latest "**** you" to the player base's ability to obtain dilithium in a timely manner.
Rihannsu
# 584
11-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Remember this is not a race so if we lose a few days, ultimately its no big deal.

but yes we should switch back to the 500 projects. yes dilithium will be a bit harder to come buy, but we are a relatively sizable fleet and everyone only has to contribute small amounts if we all pull together.

its worked up till now, and even if it slows down a touch it should not be that much tougher.

the doff missions are way, way too long, so unless they get changed please avoid them.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 585
11-10-2012, 03:56 AM
I know dil is going to be an issue, and I know it's not a race (it's something i say quite often on the forums), but seeing some progression is interesting too. At least we should aim to get to T4, to get purple doffs from our starbase vendor. This is something we all need, considering what season 7 is.

We're 150 players in the fleet and i'm pretty sure half of us log in at least once every two days, so we should be ok with dil. We're KDF, we have the pi canis sorties.
Empire Veteran
# 586
11-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Dilithium grind = 10 minutes or less, two computers, two accounts, PvP mission, 1v1 yourself (ground is much faster) on a kill count of 5.

Boring but very effective.
# 587
11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
I have some bad news for you, Bob. And by bad news for you I really do mean for you. The Tide seems to have stopped rolling, my Aggies put the brakes on.

And you thought I was crazy.
# 588
11-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
I have some bad news for you, Bob. And by bad news for you I really do mean for you. The Tide seems to have stopped rolling, my Aggies put the brakes on.

And you thought I was crazy.
This is the game I have been worried about all year. It smelled like a trap game from the start. The Aggies played well. They are a fine addition to the SEC, and I think you'd agree that going undefeated in this league is freaking hard!

But, one more SEC win and we face Georgia in the SEC title game. And a loss by two of the remaining three (Oregon, KSU, or Notre Dame) means we could still end up back in Miami.

But if there is a team I could stomach losing to, it would be Texas A&M. Congrats.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 589
11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
This is the game I have been worried about all year. It smelled like a trap game from the start. The Aggies played well. They are a fine addition to the SEC, and I think you'd agree that going undefeated in this league is freaking hard!

But, one more SEC win and we face Georgia in the SEC title game. And a loss by two of the remaining three (Oregon, KSU, or Notre Dame) means we could still end up back in Miami.

But if there is a team I could stomach losing to, it would be Texas A&M. Congrats.
Thanks, and I do agree with all that.

If Texas A&M can't win the national championship this year (which is ridiculously unlikely, since several teams would have to completely fall apart first), I was hoping an SEC team could still win it to make the Aggies looks better, like, say ... Alabama. So from now on to the end of the year, Roll Tide!

But we still have 3 more years of Johnny Football. This should be fun....
# 590
11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
Thanks, and I do agree with all that.

If Texas A&M can't win the national championship this year (which is ridiculously unlikely, since several teams would have to completely fall apart first), I was hoping an SEC team could still win it to make the Aggies looks better, like, say ... Alabama. So from now on to the end of the year, Roll Tide!

But we still have 3 more years of Johnny Football. This should be fun....
But I hope you realize you put a mark on yourself for next year. One does not simply beat Nick Saban. One pokes a sleeping lion with a whiffle bat.

Saban now has an entire year's worth of footage and an entire year to plan a defensive strategy. Ask Tebow how the rematch went.

Seriously, I can see the Texas A&M/Bama game deciding the SEC West over the next couple years.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.