Career Officer
# 401
11-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhq View Post
Thanks for the feedback evil70th.. just so you know, the premade cryptic walls prevented me from making it 1 map which was my original intent, but I also wasn't proficient in making a ground custom from scratch. I've learned a great deal about doing custom ground stuff in Pt. II of my series, so I'll change that around once I go back and refine my previous missions for season 7 foundry enhancements. And thanks for the Undine enemy ending feedback. I was debating if I should make it Borg or Undine, I think ill switch it to Borg and make it optional warp in after mission completes for those wanting a little more Borg fun with season 7 refinements as well, and those who don't can simply leave without penalty.

Thanks again, hope you enjoy the next part
I am glad I could help. I am working on the report for your second submission and will be posting it shortly.

Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 402
11-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline475 View Post
Thank you for your review evil ^.^ As always your opinion is valued and will be implemented into my last episode. Maybe I shouldn't say last, because lately I've been getting ideas for an Ep.4 but havent fully committed to if I'm actually going to write it or not. You know IRL stuff and all. Well thank you again, and happy reviewing xD
As always I am glad I could help and I look forward to the next installment.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhq View Post
Hello evil70th,

I have completed 2 missions of a multi-part series, and would very much appreciate feedback when you have some time.

Mission Name: Mechanical Infestations(Pt. I)
Author: F9thSFHQ
Minimum Level: 50
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HSOFQFFC4
Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes to 1hour15mins depending on career/difficulty
Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

Both are relatively combat heavy missions with medium amt. of dialogue

Thanks,
SFHQ
Federation Mission - Mechanical Infestations(Pt. I)
Author: F9thSFHQ
Project ID: ST-HSOFQFFC4

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a good battle oriented mission. The map designs are good and the battles are very tough. The story dialogue is well written but not the main point to the mission. I would recommend this mission to all players with the understanding that it is a battle oriented mission. If like missions that have several tough battles then you will love this mission, however I would not recommend this mission on Elite.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good and detailed description. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing "Command Ship right out of the noses of the Borg" to read "Command Ship right out from under the noses of the Borg".

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant dialogue needs to be story oriented to draw the player in and make them want to click "Accept". Consider changing the current grant dialogue to be part of the story rather than a report of data obtained in the previous mission.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Undine Blockade - Grid 10: This is a good map design with tough battles but those are avoidable if you go around them and pass close to the planet. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Outer Perimeter - Grid 10: This is a good map design with a well written story. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Support Station 229: This is a good map design with tough battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Regeneration Matrix: This is a nice map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider adding barriers around the edges to prevent the player from falling off. Telling the player they will have to start over if they fall off is not a good way of getting players to continue your missions.

Regeneration Matrix - Inward Mind: This is a good map design with a tough battle and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Support Station 229: This map does not seem to be needed since it basically consists of one dialogue box followed by a map transition. I understand the story you are trying to tell with this map but since the Foundry and the game do not allow you to re-skin the player it feels like an unneeded map transition. Consider adding the short dialogue to the end of the previous map and transition the player to the next map from there.

Outer Perimeter - Grid 10#2: This is a nice map design with well written, albeit short dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Sector 2083 Grid 12: This is a good map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Sector 1192: This is a good map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job developing this combat oriented mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Mission Name: This Far No Further
Author: @Captain_Revo
Minimum Level: 41+
Project ID: ST-HEWKB36M7
Estimated Mission Length: 45 Mins

Hi again,

this is the final part in my 5 part story. You played Emissary of the Pah-wraiths last week, and I hope you enjoy my conclusion. It is already out of the review stage now.

Thanks.
Federation Mission - This Far No Further
Author: Captain_Revo
Project ID: ST-HEWKB36M7

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission and a worthy sequel in the series. The map design is great, the battles are tough but fun, and the story dialogue is riveting. This mission is a roller coaster ride from start to finish. I would highly recommend this mission to all players.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. Consider placing the actual mission description at the top. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant and follow on dialogue are well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Culver System: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Bajor System: This is a good map design with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Hathon: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing the optional dialogue to triggered optional dialogue. This will allow the dialogue to go away once the player interacts with it. It can also be set to go away once a particular task is completed.

Bajor: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Sol System: This is a great map design with challenging but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

The Red Wormhole: This is a fantastic map design with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

U.S.S. Minotaur: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Pah-wraith Vision: This is a good map design with several tough, but fun battles, and very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Minotaur Bridge: This is a great map design with a challenging but fun battle. The story dialogue is excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Earth Space Dock: This is a great map design with well written story dialogue and is an excellent wrap up map to the mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing the optional dialogue to triggered optional dialogue. This will allow the dialogue to go away once the player interacts with it. It can also be set to go away once a particular task is completed.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You have done a great job with this mission and the entire series. As always I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 10/04/2012 on forum posting for: 'This Far No Further' is available to play
Rihannsu
# 405
11-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Thanks again for the review.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 406
11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi evil70th,

I was hoping you could review 'Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2', the conclusion to part one of the story you reviewed here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...light=argelius

Mission info
Mission Name: Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2
Author: captainhunter1
Minimum Level: 16+
Project ID: ST-St-HU335TJ20
Estimated Mission Length: 2 hours

It's currently listed under the 'review' tab. Thanks!
Captain
# 407
11-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey, Brian! Got another one for you. This is the sequel to "Finding Resolution" which you helped me out with a while back. Hope you enjoy!

Mission Name: Avenging Resolution
Author: AJStoner
Minimum Level: 46+
Project ID: ST-HD7Y5LARO
Estimated Mission Length: 90 minutes
Method of Report Delivery: Forum post

Many thanks,

AJS

Last edited by ajstoner; 11-12-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Career Officer
# 408
11-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Thanks again for the review.
As always, glad I could help.

Brian
Career Officer
# 409
11-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhunter1 View Post
Hi evil70th,

I was hoping you could review 'Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2', the conclusion to part one of the story you reviewed here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...light=argelius

Mission info
Mission Name: Treasure of Argelius II, pt. 2
Author: captainhunter1
Minimum Level: 16+
Project ID: ST-St-HU335TJ20
Estimated Mission Length: 2 hours

It's currently listed under the 'review' tab. Thanks!
Hi captainhunter,

Thanks for the review request. Sorry for the late reply but this week has been crazy busy at work and it is going to stay that way into next month. I am taking today and hoping to catch up on the queue. You are 2nd in the queue behind ScaryGuy.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian

Last edited by evil70th; 11-12-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 410
11-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Hey, Brian! Got another one for you. This is the sequel to "Finding Resolution" which you helped me out with a while back. Home you enjoy!

Mission Name: Avenging Resolution
Author: AJStoner
Minimum Level: 46+
Project ID: ST-HD7Y5LARO
Estimated Mission Length: 90 minutes
Method of Report Delivery: Forum post

Many thanks,

AJS
Hi AJS,

Welcome back to the queue. This has been a busy couple of weeks at work and it does not look like it will be letting up anytime soon. I am jumping back into the queue today and hopefully will get to yours today. You are currently 3rd in the queue behind captainhunter.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian