Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 31
11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Isn't that somewhat limited? Many of the spotlights have evolved over time even after they were spotlighted, with or without season releases. I do understand that they shouldn't be seriously damaged (like removing most of the mission to make it just barely qualify for the daily), but removing the ability to remaster stuff?

Just because you guys never got around to remastering most of your missions doesn't mean we won't.
I think it's more of a safeguard in case an author decides to change their mission into something, hrm... inappropriate? I doubt that would happen, but, you know

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 32
11-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Isn't that somewhat limited? Many of the spotlights have evolved over time even after they were spotlighted, with or without season releases. I do understand that they shouldn't be seriously damaged (like removing most of the mission to make it just barely qualify for the daily), but removing the ability to remaster stuff?

Just because you guys never got around to remastering most of your missions doesn't mean we won't.
Wouldn't it be better if the creator could edit an inactive copy of the mission and submit it for review by you? If the edit truly are improvements, such as dialogue or maps or adding new Foundry features, you could decide if it is enough to validate an update of the active featured mission copy.
Career Officer
# 33
11-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattachine View Post
Wouldn't it be better if the creator could edit an inactive copy of the mission and submit it for review by you? If the edit truly are improvements, such as dialogue or maps or adding new Foundry features, you could decide if it is enough to validate an update of the active featured mission copy.
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe limit the "updates" to one every month or two (number up to Cryptic) if they are worried they'll be constantly bombarded with review requests.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 34
11-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattachine View Post
That would be a great solution.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 35
11-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I think it's more of a safeguard in case an author decides to change their mission into something, hrm... inappropriate? I doubt that would happen, but, you know

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That's just too paranoid.

I'm definitely staying out of spotlights.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 36
11-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Thank you for the heads up
Ensign
# 37
11-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Well, I edited my mission with a dialogue box apologizing for the crappy BOff pathing AI and saying it was Cryptic's fault and not mine. So if you don't mind that being permanently frozen there, then go ahead. Otherwise, you might want to fix the pathing on the map first.

I've only been asking for 1 and a half years :p

The Syndicate Extraction by Galactrix - Trailer: youtu.be/8SL7AXuUMec
Career Officer
# 38
11-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusfilms View Post
Thanks for the heads up

Hopefully this'll be the fastest foundry down time yet...
We can hope, although they did add some new functions to the Foundry - which could throw a monkey wrench in the mission auto re-publish process.
Career Officer
# 39
11-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm still pretty unclear as to what we (as foundry authors) need to do with our missions to make them count in the daily. Does it have to last a certain amount of time, kill a certain number of enemies, use a certain number of interactions, speak with a certain number of people? There is no clear layout of what it needs to have to count, which is pretty crap for those of us making missions, only to find out that no one will ever play them because they don't count to the daily.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
BRING BACK ENDGAME FOR THE 'NON DPS CHAMPIONS'!!!!
Ensign
# 40
11-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimacthirty View Post
What do you mean by "ticket"?

I don't remember receiving anything when 'City of the Polmar Ree' was spotlighted.
It's probably EULA changes in order to let Cryptic archive spotlighted missions so they stay exactly how they are once they're featured on the "Hail Starfleet" page.