Captain
# 301
11-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1970giesen View Post
They will only take, not give. I will not ever play a foundry mission anymore.
And if you think this is a improvement, I hope they will remove some foundry stuff, and make you pay money for using the editor, I think that will be a improvement and idiots like you leaving the game.
Is this why all the good dev's left ???
If anybody should be leaving the game, it should be you.

You should be happy the Foundry exists at all and that they didn't fix the exploit until now, instead of demanding Foundry authors get punished for their creativity and the fact that they are ADDING CONTENT EQUAL TO OR BETTER THAN CRYPTIC'S OWN.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Rihannsu
# 302
11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
I just hope they lower fleet mark or dilithium requirements. It's already a rather grindy MMO as it is..
Career Officer
# 303
11-12-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm very happy with this change myself. I make plenty of good story missions that hardly get played even though they are all mostly 4 star missions. Perhaps if the daily requires you to play some of these good story missions more people will take an interest in our stories.
Captain
# 304
11-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
If anybody should be leaving the game, it should be you.

You should be happy the Foundry exists at all and that they didn't fix the exploit until now, instead of demanding Foundry authors get punished for their creativity and the fact that they are ADDING CONTENT EQUAL TO OR BETTER THAN CRYPTIC'S OWN.
It just occured to me that I should have said "mostly equal to or better" in that sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koihimenakamura View Post
I just hope they lower fleet mark or dilithium requirements. It's already a rather grindy MMO as it is..
Meh, at least the only cost of the Reputation system is EC. And not a lot of it. Basically you get 8 very cheap passives and 2 equally cheap actives, and only have to pay dilithium for the gear. Better than the fleet system, don't you agree?
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
Career Officer
# 305
11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Edited: removed response as I did not read the entire thread.
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Lieutenant
# 306
11-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
If you're using the Foundry daily to just grind dilithium then you weren't playing Foundry missions in the first place. There was no point having a mission that people just used to grind. It was supposed to encourage people to play Foundry missions by getting a reward.

The fact that it was instead used as an exploit to grind dilithium means that it was not implemented right, and for that matter still isn't.

I don't care if you play Foundry missions or not, to be honest. My Foundry missions with or without daily have about the worst time/reward balance anyway.

That being said, if your problem is that it's hard to get dilithium that has nothing to do with the Foundry or Foundry daily. That's a separate issue, that at most was only being covered up by the Foundry daily.
Taking away the one click console on foundry wont encourage people to actually play the missions, I think who just use foundry to farm DL fast wont bother to play any other foundry mission.

Kind Regards
Career Officer
# 307
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnite View Post
Taking away the one click console on foundry wont encourage people to actually play the missions, I think who just use foundry to farm DL fast wont bother to play any other foundry mission.

Kind Regards
I don't think anyone's arguing that.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lt. Commander
# 308
11-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
[/list]So, you sent the Romulans back to school, to learn how to spell, huh? Maybe you need to join them, Bran....
HA lol love it
Ensign
# 309
11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
The foundry designers believe that the change is a good thing as it will get their missions played more. Do not bet on it. There a couple of problems that I find with the foundry missions. I think the search is useless. There should be some method for tagging the missions that can be searched, ground, space, race of enemy, sector. Next there is little reward outside the daily officer reports. So it only rewards playing the shortest mission possible. If there is now a method of creating an end mission reward then it could be worth it. I think some control of the rewards based on what is encountered and how difficult it was to resolve. Last I think the Foundry itself is a poor tool. Considering the number of maps used in the game the number available for missions is pitiful. There is no way to design your own interior map. If you want a simple office the player goes to to start the mission you are out of luck. All that was done was to make it harder to get dil not improve the Foundry in any way.
Captain
# 310
11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchintime View Post
The foundry designers believe that the change is a good thing as it will get their missions played more. Do not bet on it. There a couple of problems that I find with the foundry missions. I think the search is useless. There should be some method for tagging the missions that can be searched, ground, space, race of enemy, sector. Next there is little reward outside the daily officer reports. So it only rewards playing the shortest mission possible. If there is now a method of creating an end mission reward then it could be worth it. I think some control of the rewards based on what is encountered and how difficult it was to resolve. Last I think the Foundry itself is a poor tool. Considering the number of maps used in the game the number available for missions is pitiful. There is no way to design your own interior map. If you want a simple office the player goes to to start the mission you are out of luck. All that was done was to make it harder to get dil not improve the Foundry in any way.
Frankly I agree. There will be little to no improvement to player counts in S7.
Dalo Lorn