Rihannsu
# 91
08-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Sadly the potential fix did not accomplish what we wanted, do we're back to the drawing board on this. Sorry guys.
I'll admit I have no idea about IT at all, so I may sound noobish and provide only vague suggestions, but although I believe this is a major issue, it wasn't as prominent before Season 6 went live.

Not sure if you've seen this, but I even started a thread with comparison screenshots - the same map on Holodeck (pre-S6) and on Tribble (S6-test) - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=4571481

It was also me who created this particular thread (Archived Post) and although I can't say when the issue was gone for me, I didn't experience it for quite some time and thought you've fixed it (still using the same GeForce GTX 460, no change for me in neither hardware nor software). Ever since S6 launch though it still persists again...

It's like zerobang's saying - try looking into the previous code, as even though it might have not been fixed for ALL players, it was definitely better for SOME of us before S6.

Last edited by suaveks; 08-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 92
09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Just poping to warn the issue seems to be getting worse since recent patchs.
Same issue on both comps (Radeon 4870 & 7870).
Still awaiting a patch.
Career Officer
# 93
09-17-2012, 05:41 PM
This was an issue that was previously fixed... and now they have broken it again with a new patch.

Awesome job!

Intel Core i7 3.2GHz
nVidia 570 Gtx
Thowchum
Legendary Starfleet Captain
Fleet Leader, The Abductors
STO Forum Member since December 2010
Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
Starfleet Veteran
# 94
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd like to quickly point out that the nebulae issue is still persisting...

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 (3GHz)
8GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 570
Lt. Commander
# 95
11-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I get this too, on a lot of system maps. Looks a lot like texture z-fighting. Always cloud/nebula textures, never stars. Been happening for as long as I've been in the game (about 10 months or so), sometimes more often, sometimes less, but always present to some degree. As far as I can tell, it has never been fixed then re-broken, it's just always been broken.

Windows Vista SP2 64-bit
Intel Pentium E2180
8GB DDR2
AMD Radeon HD 6870
Ensign
# 96
11-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Reporting the texture flicker issue in sector space, mostly flickering nebula,

Any hints on what is causing the graphic issue,

so I can determine the best ati settings to minimize this problem.

cpu: Intel e8400
ram: 8gb
Video:radeon 7950 and tested on my old card (nvidia 8800 gt sli)
Chipset: Nvidia 760
Commander
# 97
11-12-2012, 12:54 AM
i think its important which driver version is in use, too.

i use nvidia 306.97 with a geforce gtx 675m, intel i7-3720qm and 16gb ram on windows 7 64bit
What ? Calaway.
Captain
# 98
11-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Ok, by taking a look at the screenshots, I've determined that I have NOT had this issue (despite claiming to have had it). Was thinking about the wrong issue in my last post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Ensign
# 99
12-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I have this issue as well.

I notice it most often during certain Borg encounters.
Area's of the space background will be flickering, just like described above, looking like multiple textures are fighting for the same space.

I've noticed this on multiple maps, it happens consistently when it does happen, like it is always the same maps or space backgrounds that it happens to.
I've seen it on different missions, and most recently when exploring a random system in the Khazan Cluster.

I had noticed this awhile back, and have since then updated my drivers many times, and have tried a multitude of different graphical settings; I'm even on an entirely new PC with the same issue.

I have noticed when controlling the camera while looking at this texture issue, adjusting the camera so the nebula is as far to the side of the camera, makes it look normal as if it were fixed, but looking directly straight-on at it ruins it again.

The only thing that I can think of that changes during this might be the distance from the 'backdrop' since because of the fish eye affect of field of view, the nebula would be further from the camera when looking straight on at it, then when adjusting it to be at the edge of your camera. I hope that makes sense.

Specs:
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Intel Core i5-2500K @3.3 Ghz Quad
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti
8GB DDR3 RAM
Ensign
2013 and I'm still getting the flicker. It may not break the game Cryptic but it sure as heck ruins the experience as far as immersion goes. :/ This has been happening for 2 years. How have you not fixed it yet? o.O'
Closed Thread