Career Officer
# 531
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
Yes, actually, for most of us it is. I have other things to spend my dilithium on. 1k every 2-3 days is enough to get me to stop using the General Recruitment.
Yup.

This is nothing but small fleet poison. As is stands small fleets need EVERY scrap of Dilithium and every DOff they can get their hands on. And these added costs are IN ADDITION to several new toilets being added that Cryptic wants you to flush your Dilithium down. For small fleets this completely and totally ****s them.

As a member of a small fleet this basically ends any interest in Fleet Activities for me, and also ends all interest in DOffing. Of course, those were the only things still keeping me engaged...

So, it looks like this coming Season will kill my interest in what few parts of the game where some still remained. Beyond that it will simply introduce yet more grind disguised as "content". With content now apparently being relegated to Seasons instead of between seasons micro-patches as was INTENDED, I guess that also means it will be months until there is even a (slim) chance of something being introduced that I might actually want to play.

So tell me Oh Wise Cryptic Employees... why the **** am I supposed to want to pay you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
This just tells me you haven't played many f2p games. STO offers EVERY piece of content without putting it behind a pay wall. Maybe these changes bring item acquisition and end-game gearing to a point where they take longer. Certainly most subscription MMOs take longer to gear up!
Except that spending Dilithium which is bought or ground out for gear is now our primary form of content. Thus while the nuts and bolts of playing isn't behind a pay wall, the "playing" we're seeing is just grind, and the "reward" for the end of that grind (you know, the only actual reason ANYONE EVER even considers grinding)? Locked behind Dilithium... which exchanges with a real money currency... meaning it's ALL behind a giant pay wall, and those walls exist in near every aspect of the game, they're omnipresent. Thanks to Dilithium this game is basically one big pay wall... you grind and/or pay in order to pay some more and keep paying, because that's the nature of the game.

It would be PREFERABLE to sell REAL content at this point. If nothing else at least then we'd GET real, substantial, FUN content because THAT would be the source of PWE's income instead of DTaxes and gambling addicts...
# 532
11-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I would rather cut my arm off than play 3 badly written fan fic foundry missions that take 30min apiece by someone who wanted the original nerfed so I'd be forced to "play" his wretched quest. No thanks.
Is there something wrong with you? He said SPOTLIGHT. Play ONE spotlighted Foundry mission for either blue/purple Mk X, Mk XI, or Mk XII gear, or a standard doff pack. And as a relatively recent addition to the Foundry authoring community, I find that entire post to be offensive to said community.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Rihannsu
# 533
11-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Is there something wrong with you? He said SPOTLIGHT. Play ONE spotlighted Foundry mission for either blue/purple Mk X, Mk XI, or Mk XII gear, or a standard doff pack. And as a relatively recent addition to the Foundry authoring community, I find that entire post to be offensive to said community.
I agree with this assessment.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 534
11-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Yeah? Well I'm offended by being told "You must play this game exactly as you are told."

And you "sensitive artist" types should really stay out of the forums if you can't handle harsh criticism.
Rihannsu
# 535
11-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Yeah? Well I'm offended by being told "You must play this game exactly as you are told."

And you "sensitive artist" types should really stay out of the forums if you can't handle harsh criticism.
that wasn't criticism....

and... if you don't want to play foundry missions then you don't have to. But don't expect to get a reward for it...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 536
11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post

Who ever told you that?

And I don't exactly consider myself a sensitive artist. Like markhawkman said, that wasn't criticism. That was an insult directed towards every single Foundry mission in existence, regardless of whether they deserved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
that wasn't criticism....

and... if you don't want to play foundry missions then you don't have to. But don't expect to get a reward for it...
I fully agree with this post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Ensign
# 537 Crazy Amount Of Grinding
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
The amount of Dilithium spent to upgrade doffs is way to high, maybe a thousand to get a purple, but 5000 or 6000 to get a purple doff is outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
Career Officer
# 538
11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
what was the point of going free to play if season 7 dilithium earning cuts the massive increses of dilithium needed and the removing of drops drives away the casual players. and before you answer with your "we put dill back in stf rewards answer" I have a fairly high IQ and see thats a pitence compared to what was removed and what is now required. I think most here are not fooled one bit. At least the lack of People in game would strongly indicate this is the case. since you seem driven by the bottom line i would think suckering 50% fewer players out of 25% more cash is cutting your own throat??? Season 7 is sure a big hit isnt it ????
Rihannsu
# 539
11-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Um, really? there are lots of ways to get purple doffs in this game, there's even a list on the Wiki....

you don't need to use the compactor.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Ensign
# 540
11-17-2012, 10:02 AM
This is an incredibly short-sighted change. It is going to backfire something terrible.

Here's a very simple fact: People need to play the game in order to be enticed into spending money for the 'extras'. These fees to upgrade to simple greens are absolutely outrageous. As has already been stated -- squeezing 25% more money out of a 50% reduced player base is a net loss.

I may play a little bit here and there, but not nearly as much as before. The daily doff grind/upgrade was something that brought me into the game nearly every day. Now, meh...

I will log in periodically to see if the dil costs have dropped on these greens and such, but won't spend nearly the time as before. Good job, devs -- you've just killed your game out of greed.