Rihannsu
# 51
11-12-2012, 07:30 AM
I think a 1-2 week extension is a good idea. Especially since there will be fun new tools after the S7 release.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Career Officer
# 52
11-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I would love an extra two weeks to finish fleshing out my mission. I've got the script all done, I've just been holding it back a bit until season 7 goes live in-case anything changed in the Foundry.
Career Officer
# 53
11-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
I would love an extra two weeks to finish fleshing out my mission. I've got the script all done, I've just been holding it back a bit until season 7 goes live in-case anything changed in the Foundry.
Question ?
Why would you have been "holding back" ??
The original due date was Nov 5th.
(Long since passed.)

Missions should have mostly been "done", by then.
Then Brandon gave us another week (9days) changing the deadline for submissions to Nov14.

Now Season 7 is hitting, so the date has to be pushed back to account for the Foundry coming off line. BUT we are all supposed to be more or less done. The entries were supposed to post on TWO (2) days from now, if it hadn't been interrupted by S7 start.

That you are only on the 'script' stage now, doesn't indicate that you were actually trying to create the mission to be posted in a couple days.

I maintain that giving us a week would be generous.
No ONE should need more than that, and I question whether that is even needed.
These entries should be done at this point, save for the tweaking.

Let's get this Challenge put to bed, and move on to Challenge #6 , where the new stuff from S7 will be available from the start, and not as some last minute "lookit the new shiny" addition to a mission that should already be done.

Again, just my thoughts.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
11-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Question ?
(Long since passed.)

Then Brandon gave us another week (9days) changing the deadline for submissions to Nov14.

Now Season 7 is hitting, so the date has to be pushed back to account for the Foundry coming off line. BUT we are all supposed to be more or less done. The entries were supposed to post on TWO (2) days from now, if it hadn't been interrupted by S7 start.

That you are only on the 'script' stage now, doesn't indicate that you were actually trying to create the mission to be posted in a couple days.

Let's get this Challenge put to bed, and move on to Challenge #6 , where the new stuff from S7 will be available from the start, and not as some last minute "lookit the new shiny" addition to a mission that should already be done.

Again, just my thoughts.
the new seasons ALWAYS screw up the foundry and the cordanates systems in it a map made in s5 will break cause s6's cordanates are compleatly diffrent it happended to me
Commander
# 55
11-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Question ?
(Long since passed.)

Again, just my thoughts.
I agree, I went flat out over the weekend and created my mission within two days and did the finer details over the following weeks. And despite how inconvientent it will be for myself, 2 Days to a week would be more than enough time... anyways, of to New Romulas for me now, im going to see if i can find that fit Vulcan on the Homepage
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 56
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Question ?
(Long since passed.)

Again, just my thoughts.
I appreciate your feedback, but considering how previous Season releases have affected the Foundry I decided to wait until things got sorted out before I made everything only to spend a week trying to fix it all after the editor got unlocked. I had every intention of having the mission published by the assigned time. I'm pretty handy with a computer and know enough about the foundry I could easily have the mission maps done in a solid morning and have the script plugged into the mission by the end of the day. Spend a couple days adding some "Shiny" stuff into the map and done.

This of course not to say that I was waiting to see what new "Shiny" stuff came out. I just didn't want to make all the maps and story stuff only to have it broken and spend a week trying to fix it all. May as well wait until things are fixed then make everything, which is what I had to do with the Challenge #4. Major release of Foundry assets and a total redesign of the UI really borked my mission maps and I had to spend a good long time trying to fix it all so it looked right.

Anyway just my thoughts on it.
Commander
# 57
12-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah I see what you mean, whats even worse is they keep it shut off for this long and in the mean time great ideas are coming and going
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lt. Commander
# 58
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
The foundry is my FAV part of playing this game... i wish they would just activate it already, ill deal with any issues they have created, just like I have in the past.

INQUISITOR CRUSHER
Director of Marketing
ELITE FORCES COMMAND
Commander
# 59
12-05-2012, 05:55 AM
Foundrys Back Whoop Whoop

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 60
12-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Authors!

Now that the Foundry is back up, I'm extending the entry period for this challenge to 10am PST on Wednesday, December 19th (2 weeks from now). Missions must be live then*** to be entered, and the full details of it (green text) must be filled out in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=405961

***If you are unable to push the "publish" button at this time due to timezones/ work schedules, please wait until the latest possible moment before this day/time. Also, if you need to publish your mission to test things, that is fine too, but please make sure to unpublish after testing is complete.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment