Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
While testing some new bridge abilities i found out that Purple Saurian quality bridge officers show up as blue Saurian quality bridge officers in Tribble, with the new system in place where you can see the quality of your birdge officers.

At first i thought i just bought the wrong birdge officers so i bouth a new purple one ... and same thing happend AGAIN ... now those bridge officers are not cheap, so this bugg cost me about 3Mil !!

Screenshot before commissioning the purple Saurian bridge officers.
http://i50.tinypic.com/104jb6r.jpg

After commissioning the purple Sauriand bridge officers ... its now BLUE quality
http://i50.tinypic.com/svhveh.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-12-2012, 03:19 AM
I noticed the same thing on my ported toon.

I always specifically noted in the biography of each of my boffs of which quality they were.
On tribble i noticed that the Saurian boff was blue and my note said purple.
First I thought i made a mistake, but now that you say the same thing, it must be a bug.
Career Officer
# 3
11-12-2012, 05:07 AM
There's a bug, but I think it's different from the one you're seeing. Look at the boff's traits:
  • Efficient
  • Basic Reptilian Strength
  • Natural Immunities
  • Superior Creativity

That's a superior trait, a standard trait, a basic trait, and efficient, which is... some kind of trait. Apparently the game is confused as to what rank of trait efficient is. When the rarity is calculated for the uncommissioned candidate, the game is counting efficient as a "superior" trait, thus the boff has very rare quality. But once the boff is commissioned, efficient is counted as a standard trait.

The efficient boff trait is weaker than the efficient captain trait (a reversal of the way that usually works), so it could correctly be described as a non-superior trait. But if that is the case, *every* Saurian boff candidate with efficient is affected by this display bug; the rares are actually uncommons; the uncommons are actually commons; and the commons are... well, there are no common-quality Saurians, so I think I may be on to something here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-12-2012, 05:28 AM
are there even greens with efficient? never seen one.

...also i think i also have a borg eng BO which is also efficient, but this one was showed correctly as purple.

Last edited by grievas; 11-12-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typo
Career Officer
# 5
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grievas View Post
are there even greens with efficient? never seen one.

...also i think i also have a the borg eng doff which is also efficient, but this one was showed correctly as purple.
There are 'Green' Efficient Saurian BOs, (I have several on my Bridge Crew...) but Trait-wise, there are no differences between 'Green' and 'Blue' Efficient Saurians, so once their commissioned there is no real way to tell the difference. There may be Skill differences, but not traits