Rihannsu
# 21
11-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
You could also think of it this way: The developers could have simply left the old STF shops in place. Left you your stockpiles of old STF loot even though they won't drop anymore. Then you'd have your "equal purchasing power." Would you like that better?

Presumably, people have these stockpiles of STF loot because they don't want any more of the things they could trade them for. The conversion is giving you something you can buy new things with. Sure, the conversion rate is on the low side if you have large stores of loot, but you can't seriously expect the devs to give you all the new stuff for free just because you hoarded lots of old junk?

You have the option of buying what the loot can buy now. Equipment, dilithium ore, doffs, etc. If you don't want any of that, the loot will get converted and maybe you do want some of the stuff the marks can buy.

EDIT: I do have to agree I don't see any useful reason for locking the conversion crate, either.
Yeah.... I don't get that part about the crate being locked at all.... The rest of the conversion makes sense to me, but not that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 22
11-12-2012, 09:30 AM
There is a reason why it is done this way and not fairly or left open on DS9, the reason is pretty disgusting but thats how the devs here work. They know that 95%+ of the playerbase is clueless of what is going on, all their items are going to be lost, they'll be ripped off and their "compensation" will be locked away. So while the few people here will figure out it, the vast majority of the population will get screwed, most probably won't even notice they lost anything

The crate is locked simply because it would kill off STFs for weeks until peoples marks get sucked up.
Rihannsu
# 23
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
There is a reason why it is done this way and not fairly or left open on DS9, the reason is pretty disgusting but thats how the devs here work. They know that 95%+ of the playerbase is clueless of what is going on, all their items are going to be lost, they'll be ripped off and their "compensation" will be locked away. So while the few people here will figure out it, the vast majority of the population will get screwed, most probably won't even notice they lost anything

The crate is locked simply because it would kill off STFs for weeks until peoples marks get sucked up.
You're operating under the false assumption that most STFers have giant stacks of stuff laying around... Obviously there are many who do, but I don't see how it could be even close to all of them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 24
11-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You're operating under the false assumption that most STFers have giant stacks of stuff laying around... .
You're assuming they don't? I think MOST of the players had expected to be able to get MK 12 gear from a mountain of EDCs eventually.

Its what would make the most sense.... unless you live in a land where you need to constantly repackage and resell the same things over and over. They could've left the STFs as they are, but made EDCs the necessary rep item and maybe added some new gear alongside the MK 12 STF sets that currently exist...for their rep store. or if we dared to dream... more cosmetic options?

But no, that would require work/resources so lolz on us.