Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,048
# 111
11-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Well then I shall stay out of it... I've had my fair share of forum wars for a while... I recall I lost them all.

*Beams to his ship and transwarps away*
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 112
11-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Well then I shall stay out of it... I've had my fair share of forum wars for a while... I recall I lost them all.

*Beams to his ship and transwarps away*
Gee. Thanks. For abandoning me. =P

Anyways, it should be noted that the Galaxy in this game is garbage. Plain and simple. There is no reason for it to be as engi heavy as it is. In all honesty, a ship only needs a single Commander Engineer. Anything more is overkill. You can tank all day long with minimal effort off of just 4 engi abilities. I would know. I do it every STF I take my oddy into. Granted I also use 3 sci abilities, but I don't need what, 8 engineer abilities (which I believe the Galaxy-R is burdened with) to live. If you're using more than 5 and still can't live, you're probably doing something wrong.

As for the discrepancy between the Neggy and Galaxy turn rates? It's a simple explanation that I don't understand why people don't seem to get. The Galaxy was not designed for combat. It was designed to be able to defend itself, yes. It was designed to survive, yes. But the Neg'vhar was designed for combat. And NOTHING else. And it's common knowledge that Klingon Battlecruisers have always had a better turn rate than Federation Cruisers. Tbh, they are designed for battle. They would naturally be better at moving around. How is that so hard to understand?

This thread really has gone on too long -.-
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,048
# 113
11-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Gee. Thanks. For abandoning me. =P
(Over a subspace comm channel)

Don't worry, I'll follow you into combat against the borg, or anyone else you want help with... but I always lose forum wars so I wont do those...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 114
11-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
There's three reasons any PvPer would ever shoot at a cruiser:
- To find out if it's piloted by a noob (if it isn't, you won't make a dent, and will stop after a few seconds to find easier prey)
- To kill it if it got seperated into a 1v4 or 1v5 situation
- Anytime for a free kill if it is piloted by a noob.

The Galaxy-R is ... a noob magnet. Maybe even worse than the Ody.
No decent PvPer will ever go after a good Galaxy - it's not worth the effort, you could just as well shoot at a brick wall.
Your Galaxy though ... yeah, that probably has a targeting crosshair painted on it.


But let's put the L2P excalmations aside for a second, and explain to you (again) your misconception about weapon power, maybe you'll learn it some day:

If you put weapon power at 125, then, with an 8-beam config, your firing sequence would look like this:
Beam 1: 125 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
Beam 2: 115 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
Beam 3: 105 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
Beam 4: 95 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
Beam 5: 85 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
Beam 6: 75 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
Beam 7: 65 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
Beam 8: 55 - - 55 - - 55 - - 55
You'd be firing at an effective average power level of 63.75.

Now, let's do this again at 150 weapon power. As you mentioned, there is a cap at 125 - for each single shot! It will look like this:
Beam1 : 125 (150) - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
Beam2 : 125 (140) - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
Beam3 : 125 (130) - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
Beam4 : 120 - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
Beam5 : 110 - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
Beam6 : 100 - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
Beam7 : 90 - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
Beam8 : 80 - - 80 - - 80 - - 80
You'd be firing at an effective average power level of 87.34.
An increase in DPS of 37%!

Weapon power over 125 base is not lost - it counteracts weapon drain. And guess what Cruisers excel at? Right: the ability to build up insane levels of subsystem power. That's the key to Cruiser-DPS (also to cruiser tanking, since you need to output dps to make mobs shoot at you).
And that's also why the Galaxy-R's Saucer Seperation is indeed the Galaxy's DPS-mode.
You're complaining that your ship deals no damage in heal-mode ... and that it can't heal as well in dps-mode. You're doing it completely WRONG!

L2P!
(you had this coming, you knew that, right? :p)

If you're still not convinced: give me a tell ingame, and I'll show you what a cruiser can do.
How would you know if someone is a noob, if there level matches yours? There is a reason why people think its a noob ship because they know the ship is weak in PVP, and only noobs would not know that. Most people don't know how to set it up to make it a better competitor. I fly it because I am a big fan of TNG and DS9, and I'm far from being a noob. After playing this game and trying different kits and setups, there is not much I can do to make me satisfied with the Galaxy-R without having a better turn rate.

Ok, you know where to find me. My name is the same and name the type of ship you want to go against and leave the borg kit.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 115
11-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
How would you know if someone is a noob, if there level matches yours? There is a reason why people think its a noob ship because they know the ship is weak in PVP, and only noobs would not know that. Most people don't know how to set it up to make it a better competitor. I fly it because I am a big fan of TNG and DS9, and I'm far from being a noob. After playing this game and trying different kits and setups, there is not much I can do to make me satisfied with the Galaxy-R without having a better turn rate.

Ok, you know where to find me. My name is the same and name the type of ship you want to go against and leave the borg kit.
Noobs are easy to pick out based on how they fly and what kind of weapons they are using. They can also be picked out based on how they react to certain situations, what abilities they use, and when and where and how they use them.

Also what do you have against the borg set?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 116
11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Noobs are easy to pick out based on how they fly and what kind of weapons they are using. They can also be picked out based on how they react to certain situations, what abilities they use, and when and where and how they use them.

Also what do you have against the borg set?
Explain why you get attacked as soon as you leave the gate? You are not even flying away from your group yet. There is no way for then to know until your reaction, but don't you think they are baiting you? Why don't they attack an escorts straight out the gate? Why do they choose to attack the Galaxy first versus a Soveriegn or Oddyessy?

Last edited by alexindcobra; 11-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,048
# 117
11-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Explain why you get attacked as soon as you leave the gate?
What does that have to do with anything to do with turn rates?

For that matter what does that have to do with anything full stop?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 118
11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
What does that have to do with anything to do with turn rates?

For that matter what does that have to do with anything full stop?
I was talking to hereticknight085 because he assumes he knows why everbody attacks the Galaxy ship first.

Attacking a Galaxy ship first has alot to do with turn rates. If you know a ship has weak weapons, and can't turn very well, then you choose to attack the ship that can't fight back as you stay on it aft quarter. A Galaxy can still be a little threat, even with its weak weapons, from the front because it can rush you with warp plasma or raming speed if its hull is at 25 %. It does alot of damage to excorts or science ship with raming speed, so you would rather attack it in the rear to where it can do nothing to rotate the shield faces and can't come back at you.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 890
# 119
11-12-2012, 11:31 AM
I tend to attack Galaxy-R's first to see if they're super tankers. If they're just good tanks, they're mostly just sitting ducks and an easy kill.

That said, that pretty much goes for any fed cruiser, just that the Odyssey tends to have much thicker shields making even a good tank resilient enough.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,048
# 120
11-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
I was talking to hereticknight085 because he assumes he knows why everbody attacks the Galaxy ship first.
Umm Yeah... You attack the Gal-X first because:
1: It's the least movable
2: The casual Gal-x pilot put's out the kinda damage of a good sci ship
3: A lot of noobs try to hide behind it's hull

I'd say they have good reason to pick on it first but this really has NOTHING to do with gal turn vs Negh'var turn.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 AM.